Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?

Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?

InuYasha Meiji
I have used the Phoenix viewer since it came out.  I've had no issues before with it.  I like its long list of options, and before all the jokes come flooding in, yes the breast physics too. But recently I seem to be having issues with my grid's database becoming corrupted.  The corruption is not in a form that prevents things from loading or running.  It only, as I can tell, effects attachments.

I run 49 regions, on a quad core 2.2 MHz with 8 gig and 1.7 gig HD on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit the only resent change was the Phoenix updated to version 1.5.2. (818).

As of yet, it was all looking fine, I made several AVs and plan on more to give out to visitors when I eventually open to the public.  The problem shows up when changing from one AV to another.  I use both an copy of Hippo and Phoenix for testing.  Hippo don't have the problem, but when changing from one AV to another all the attachments I had on the newly chosen AV are all misplaced and all attached to the chest.  This includes hair, shoes, belts and more.

When I saw that AV was messed up, I tried to return to the one I was wearing before.  Now that one is screwed up.  All attachments on the chest.  The only way to get all my AVs back to normal was to shutdown opensim, and restore MySQL to my last backup.  Then I could relog with hippo and all was back to normal.  It would seem that using Phoenix to change from one AV to the next completely ruins the database.

I know many of you will say, just change to Imprudence or something.  My point is.  If people in a griefer frame of mind know it is that simple to ruin the opensim database, won't they just come in with Phoenix to ruin all our databases?

Is this a known issues being worked on for version 7.1 soon?  Am I the only one?  Is there a known fix?  Please help.

Sorry so long a message,
Thanks for your time, I appreciate it Immensely

Re: Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?

Chris Kennedy-2
On 2/6/2011 1:45 PM, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
[...]

_______________________________________________ Opensim-users mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users

Are you using Phoenix Viewer version 725 or higher? Phoenix 725 and higher implements the attachment stacking of the viewer 2 series. As far as I know OS does NOT support this server side yet. When you "add" an attachment or an entire folder with the newer Phoenix viewers, it will actually stack the attachments instead of wear them. Since OS does not support this, it will show up in the form of all your attachments attaching to the chest by default, zero rotation, and default positioning. Unfortunately there is no way (that I know of) to revert the newer Phoenixes to the old way of attaching things. You will need to use Phoenix 373 or lower for now.

Re: Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?

Chris Kennedy-2
Are you using Phoenix Viewer version 725 or higher? Phoenix 725 and
higher implements the attachment stacking of the viewer 2 series. As far
as I know OS does NOT support this server side yet. When you "add" an
attachment or an entire folder with the newer Phoenix viewers, it will
actually stack the attachments instead of wear them. Since OS does not
support this, it will show up in the form of all your attachments
attaching to the chest by default, zero rotation, and default
positioning. Unfortunately there is no way (that I know of) to revert
the newer Phoenixes to the old way of attaching things. You will need to
use Phoenix 373 or lower for now.

-----

BTW, it doesn't ruin the database when this happens... It just ruins the
those copies of attachments. If you have a backup of the avatar you made
in another folder you should find that the attachments work fine when
you log into another viewer and make a copy of your backup. So no need
to worry about griefers ruining your database... only thing they will
ruin is their own attachments =)

Re: Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?

Luisillo Contepomi
First in spanish language im sorry now im translating.

Problema con los puntos de attachment en OpenSim.

La base de datos de OpenSim no "se corrompe" como he leido por ahí. Solo almacena distintos datos y lo hace únicamente con la ropa que te has
vestido con otro visualizador. Te "estropea" para ser visto con Hippo unicamente lo que te has vestido con el nuevo visualizador. Si entras con hippo y lo anexas otra vez
queda solucionado el problema al escribir los valores antiguos en opensim.avatars.

Por si no quieres seguir leyendo el problema no es de opensim sino de la parte cliente, concretamente el  problema lo tiene Hippo y los visualizadores antíguos.

La causa es, como el visualizador del que tiene el problema, interpreta los valores que el servidor
le entrega para "dibujar" el avatar que está viendo.

Solución que todos los usuarios utilicen el mismo visualizador en opensim. Todos entregan el mismo valor y  todos saben donde dibujar cada cosa. Todos "hablan" el mismo idioma.

Si un usuario utiliza el viewer2 o un visualizador moderno y otros usuarios utilizan otros... aparece el problema al verse entre ellos.

El visualizador SLV2 no tienen este problema.

Ahora la explicación larga.

Origen del problema, antecedentes:

He observado como aterriza gente en la región y sus attachments, adornos pelo se quedaba en el punto de aterrizaje a la altura de la pelvis, mientras el avatar
recorría la región.

Al irse el avatar sus attachments desaparecían. El avatar se ve a sí mismo en todo momento correctamente y sin que le faltara algo de su atuendo.

Preguntando a los usuarios a los que le sucedía esto qué visualizador utilizaban, normalmente utilizaban el Emerald, Phoenix, ascent y otros. Yo los observaba con Hippo.

Extrañado, me paré a pensar qué podría estar pasando y me fuí a mi Grid de pruebas para observar tratar de reproducir el problema y ver en directo el diálogo cliente-servidor.

Pruebas
-------

Utilicé dos visualizadores uno para el avatar "observador" y otro para el avatar "pruebas".

El avatar observador utilicé el Hippo OpenSim Viewer 0.6.3
El avatar pruebas utilicé:

Phoenix  1.5.2. (818)
Second Life 2.5.2 (223426) Mar 10 2011 17:38:45
Hippo OpenSim Viewer 0.6.3

No utilicé otros porque no fue necesario para mi investigación al quedar claro el problema.

Los puntos de attachment que Hippo y slv2 entregan al servidor para escribir en la tabla "opensim.avatars" son diferentes.

Hippo:

Los mismos valores numéricos que se utilizan en la función "llAttachToAvatar"

 http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlAttachToAvatar

"_ap_1"     chest/sternum
"_ap_2"     head
"_ap_3"     left shoulder
"_ap_4"     right shoulder
"_ap_5"     left hand
"_ap_6"     right hand
"_ap_7"     left foot
"_ap_8"     right foot
"_ap_9"     back
"_ap_10"     pelvis
"_ap_11"     mouth
"_ap_12"     chin
"_ap_13"     left ear
"_ap_14"     right ear
"_ap_15"     left eye
"_ap_16"     right eye
"_ap_17"     nose
"_ap_18"     right upper arm
"_ap_19"     right lower arm
"_ap_20"     left upper arm
"_ap_21"     left lower arm
"_ap_22"     right hip
"_ap_23"     right upper leg
"_ap_24"     right lower leg
"_ap_25"     left hip
"_ap_26"     left upper leg
"_ap_27"     left lower leg
"_ap_28"     belly/stomach/tummy
"_ap_29"     left pectoral
"_ap_30"     right pectoral
"_ap_31"     HUD Center 2
"_ap_32"     HUD Top Right
"_ap_33"     HUD Top
"_ap_34"     HUD Top Left
"_ap_35"     HUD Center
"_ap_36"     HUD Bottom Left
"_ap_37"     HUD Bottom
"_ap_38"     HUD Bottom Right

Los visualizadores modernos escriben en la misma tabla otros valores para los mismos puntos:

"_ap_129"     chest/sternum
"_ap_130"     head
"_ap_131"     left shoulder
"_ap_132"     right shoulder
"_ap_133"     left hand
"_ap_134"     right hand
"_ap_135"     left foot
"_ap_136"     right foot
"_ap_137"     back
"_ap_138"     pelvis
"_ap_139"     mouth
"_ap_140"     chin
"_ap_141"     left ear
"_ap_142"     right ear
"_ap_143"     left eye
"_ap_144"     right eye
"_ap_145"     nose
"_ap_146"     right upper arm
"_ap_147"     right lower arm
"_ap_148"     left upper arm
"_ap_149"     left lower arm
"_ap_150"     right hip
"_ap_151"     right upper leg
"_ap_152"     right lower leg
"_ap_153"     left hip
"_ap_154"     left upper leg
"_ap_155"     left lower leg
"_ap_156"     belly/stomach/tummy
"_ap_157"     left pectoral
"_ap_158"     right pectoral
"_ap_159"     HUD Center 2
"_ap_160"     HUD Top Right
"_ap_161"     HUD Top
"_ap_162"     HUD Top Left
"_ap_163"     HUD Center
"_ap_164"     HUD Bottom Left
"_ap_165"     HUD Bottom
"_ap_166"     HUD Bottom Right

Así cuando el usuario que tiene Hippo le pide al servidor los datos de lo que lleva el avatar que está renderizando,
"no comprende" esos puntos de attachment así que por defecto lo dibuja todo en chest (_ap_1).

Como por otra parte no puede estar todo anexado en el mismo punto, para el observador, los objetos se quedan en la posición local donde han sido cargados por el avatar de prueba y no se desplazan con quien supuestamente los tiene vestidos.

SL2 "habla" los dos idiomas.

Es decir que el visualizador Second Life V2 Sí interpreta correctamente tanto los valores antiguos como los nuevos. Supongo que por aquello de la "compatibilidad" con la 1.23 y anteriores.

La base de datos de OpenSim no "se corrompe". Solo almacena distintos datos y lo hace únicamente con la ropa que te has vestido con otro visualizador. Te "estropea" para ser visto con Hippo unicamente lo que te has vestido con el nuevo visualizador.

Si entras con Hippo y en lugar de "vestir" lo anexas otra vez
queda solucionado el problema al escribir los valores antiguos en opensim.avatars.

Resumen para solucionar el problema, hasta que los desarrolladores de visualizadores de Hippo programen ambos sistemas de codificación de los puntos de attachment hay que utilizar siempre un único visualizador y todos el mismo. O todos Hippo o todos uno de los nuevos.

Perdón por la extensión del post.
(In some minutes english version.)

Re: Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?

Luisillo Contepomi
Please apologize for any errors or omissions that may be made to translate the English language.

Problems with attachments points and OpenSim

The opensim database is not corrupted when this problem ocur

The OpenSim database is not "corrupt. " Only stores different data and do so only with the clothes you have
dress (worn) with another viewer.  "spoils" (to be seen with Hippo) only what you're wearing with the new viewer.
If you go back to hippo and  attach all again
the problem is solved by writing the old values ​​in opensim.avatars mysql table.

Por si no quieres seguir leyendo el problema no es de opensim sino de la parte cliente, concretamente el  problema lo tiene Hippo y los visualizadores antíguos.

If you do not want to continue reading this long post with explanations, Is not the opensim problem, is the client side problem,
 Hippo and the old viewers.

Solution is that all users use the same viewer in opensim.
All deliver the same value, and everyone knows where to draw everything.
All "speak" the same language.

The SL Viewer 2 have not this problem.

Now the long explanation

Source of the problem, preliminary:

I have observed people landing in the region and its attachments, hair ornaments remained in the landing point at the height of the pelvis,
 while the avatar traveling through the region.

When avatar leave region, their attachments disappear.
The avatar with problems look at itself properly and that you are missing some of their attire.

Asking to this users what viewer are using, normally was new viwers as phoenix ascent and others.

Missed, I stopped to think what might be happening and I went to my test Grid to see and try to reproduce the problem
 and direct client-server dialogue.

Tests
-------

I used differents viewer for two avatars. "observer" and  "test" avatars.

For the observer avatar used Hippo OpenSim Viewer 0.6.3
For the test avatar i used:

Phoenix  1.5.2. (818)
Second Life 2.5.2 (223426) Mar 10 2011 17:38:45
Hippo OpenSim Viewer 0.6.3

I did not use others because it was not necessary for my research it became clear the problem.

The attachment points used by hippo and slv2 (and write in table opensim.avatars by server) are different

Hippo give the same valours as is in function  "llAttachToAvatar"

[...]

The most modern viewers give new valors for the same attachment points:

[...]

So when the user having Hippo asks to the server data which worn by the avatar being rendered,
"does not understand " these points of attachment so by default it draws everything in chest (_ap_1).

By other side can not be all attached to the same point, for the observer, the objects remain in the local position where
they have been loaded by the test avatar and do not move from where have dresses.

The slv2 viever speack both codification types,

This means that the Second Life viewer V2 Yes interpreted correctly both old and new values​​. I guess that's what the "compatibility " with the 1.23 and above.

Until developers of Hippo viewer  program for both codification systems new and old points of attachment,
 must always use a single display and all the same. Or all a Hippo or all of the new.

Sorry for the extension of the post.

Re: Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?

Arielle_P
My experience with Phoenix and opensim is that this issue is only relevant for grid mode. I have no multi point attachment issues with any version of opensim on my standalone megaregion using a mysql database. Hyperjumping to  remote grid region (ie. Osgrid)  with my standalone account still shows no issues but the moment i log into my Osgrid account with phoenix .908 my avi is "attacked" by multiple attachments some of which will not come off until i relog into Osgrid with Imp or Hippo and remove them.

It appears to be the same attachments at fault each time and funnily enough are items i either created myself in Osgrid or obtained in freebie areas there.

I can only conclude that there is some issue with the way robust servers handles communication with recent Phoenix versions because  when robust isn't utilized the phoenix viewer works very nicely with Opensim.

Imprudence acting Impudently

Villano, Paul Mr CIV USA TRADOC
I posted this on the SLED list but never got a response.  Somehow my Imprudence viewer got corrupted.  The last place I used it for was Second Life (I use Imprudence so I can switch between Open Sim and SL). But after trying to use the SL viewer and going back to try to use Imprudence in SL it just keeps bringing up the Sign On screen from the Second Life website.  Any solutions on how to get Imprudence back to behaving nicely? :o)

> One thing about Phoenix. They are oriented around being used in
> SL. The
> developers never intended for it to be used on an OpenSim grid.
> Imprudenceis.
>

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Arielle_P < wrote:
>
> > My experience with Phoenix and opensim is that this issue is only relevant
> > for grid mode. I have no multi point attachment issues with any version of
> > opensim on my standalone megaregion using a mysql database. Hyperjumping to
> > remote grid region (ie. Osgrid)  with my standalone account still shows no
> > issues but the moment i log into my Osgrid account with phoenix .908 my avi
> > is "attacked" by multiple attachments some of which will not come off until
> > i relog into Osgrid with Imp or Hippo and remove them.
> >
> > It appears to be the same attachments at fault each time and funnily enough
> > are items i either created myself in Osgrid or obtained in freebie areas
> > there.
> >
> > I can only conclude that there is some issue with the way robust servers
> > handles communication with recent Phoenix versions because  when robust
> > isn't utilized the phoenix viewer works very nicely with Opensim.

Re: Imprudence acting Impudently

Vanish Seriath
I'm not sure I understand you right, but you might want to try clearing cache first. Also, Imprudence has a grid manager button on the login screen where you can choose the grid from. If all that fails, you may have to re-install Imprudence again.

2011/3/23 Villano, Paul Mr CIV USA TRADOC <[hidden email]>
I posted this on the SLED list but never got a response.  Somehow my Imprudence viewer got corrupted.  The last place I used it for was Second Life (I use Imprudence so I can switch between Open Sim and SL). But after trying to use the SL viewer and going back to try to use Imprudence in SL it just keeps bringing up the Sign On screen from the Second Life website.  Any solutions on how to get Imprudence back to behaving nicely? :o)

> One thing about Phoenix. They are oriented around being used in
> SL. The
> developers never intended for it to be used on an OpenSim grid.
> Imprudenceis.
>

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Arielle_P < wrote:
>
> > My experience with Phoenix and opensim is that this issue is only relevant
> > for grid mode. I have no multi point attachment issues with any version of
> > opensim on my standalone megaregion using a mysql database. Hyperjumping to
> > remote grid region (ie. Osgrid)  with my standalone account still shows no
> > issues but the moment i log into my Osgrid account with phoenix .908 my avi
> > is "attacked" by multiple attachments some of which will not come off until
> > i relog into Osgrid with Imp or Hippo and remove them.
> >
> > It appears to be the same attachments at fault each time and funnily enough
> > are items i either created myself in Osgrid or obtained in freebie areas
> > there.
> >
> > I can only conclude that there is some issue with the way robust servers
> > handles communication with recent Phoenix versions because  when robust
> > isn't utilized the phoenix viewer works very nicely with Opensim.
> >

> > --

The Twilight’s Green Illuminate Beam,
This Great ImBalance, that I’ve seen,
That Trees Got Icy Branches and,
The Good In Bad, That God I’ve Been.

Re: Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?

iSkye Silverweb
There is now a version of Phoenix that has been developed for use on SpotON3D...

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Henry Wills <[hidden email]> wrote:
One thing about Phoenix. They are oriented around being used in SL. The developers never intended for it to be used on an OpenSim grid. Imprudence is.

Re: Imprudence acting Impudently

Sarge Misfit
I use different viewers depending on where I am. Phoenix or V2 in SL, Imp in InWorldz/stand-alone and Hippo for general grid hopping. I also clear my cache when I do use the same viewer and switch grids. If you use the same viewer over different grids, your cache gets messed up. Btw, it seems Imp's 1.4 2010.10.23 Experimental is best, not knowing which version you are using.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:04 AM, Villano, Paul Mr CIV USA TRADOC <[hidden email]> wrote:
I posted this on the SLED list but never got a response.  Somehow my Imprudence viewer got corrupted.  The last place I used it for was Second Life (I use Imprudence so I can switch between Open Sim and SL). But after trying to use the SL viewer and going back to try to use Imprudence in SL it just keeps bringing up the Sign On screen from the Second Life website.  Any solutions on how to get Imprudence back to behaving nicely? :o)

> One thing about Phoenix. They are oriented around being used in
> SL. The
> developers never intended for it to be used on an OpenSim grid.
> Imprudenceis.
>

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Arielle_P < wrote:
>
> > My experience with Phoenix and opensim is that this issue is only relevant
> > for grid mode. I have no multi point attachment issues with any version of
> > opensim on my standalone megaregion using a mysql database. Hyperjumping to
> > remote grid region (ie. Osgrid)  with my standalone account still shows no
> > issues but the moment i log into my Osgrid account with phoenix .908 my avi
> > is "attacked" by multiple attachments some of which will not come off until
> > i relog into Osgrid with Imp or Hippo and remove them.
> >
> > It appears to be the same attachments at fault each time and funnily enough
> > are items i either created myself in Osgrid or obtained in freebie areas
> > there.
> >
> > I can only conclude that there is some issue with the way robust servers
> > handles communication with recent Phoenix versions because  when robust
> > isn't utilized the phoenix viewer works very nicely with Opensim.

Re: Imprudence acting Impudently

Antoine Bapst
Maybe just verify the Imprudence shortcut on your desktop will be enough ?
Haven't you modified it so that it includes an url parameter that connects
to SL by default ?
Try launching Imprudence in the start menu and check behavior.

A.

http://tgib.co.uk/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:30:09 -0500
From: iSkye Silverweb <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database.
        Anyone else?

<[hidden email]>wrote:

> One thing about Phoenix. They are oriented around being used in SL. The
> developers never intended for it to be used on an OpenSim grid. Imprudence
> is.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:36:14 +0100
From: Vanish Seriath <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
        Anyone else?

<[hidden email]>wrote:

>> One thing about Phoenix. They are oriented around being used in SL. The
>> developers never intended for it to be used on an OpenSim grid.
Imprudence

>> is.

The Twilight?s Green Illuminate Beam,
This Great ImBalance, that I?ve seen,
That Trees Got Icy Branches and,
The Good In Bad, That God I?ve Been.

http://tgib.co.uk/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

End of Opensim-users Digest, Vol 43, Issue 35

Re: Imprudence acting Impudently

Villano, Paul Mr CIV USA TRADOC
No, I haven't tried that yet.  Forgot to mention that I'm on an older (first generation Intel) Macbook Pro

> Maybe just verify the Imprudence shortcut on your desktop will be
> enough ?
> Haven't you modified it so that it includes an url parameter that
> connectsto SL by default ?
> Try launching Imprudence in the start menu and check behavior.
>
> A.
>
> 2011/3/23 Villano, Paul Mr CIV USA TRADOC <
>
> > I posted this on the SLED list but never got a response.  Somehow my
> > Imprudence viewer got corrupted.  The last place I used it for was Second
> > Life (I use Imprudence so I can switch between Open Sim and SL). But after
> > trying to use the SL viewer and going back to try to use Imprudence in SL
> it
> > just keeps bringing up the Sign On screen from the Second Life website.
> Any
> > solutions on how to get Imprudence back to behaving nicely? :o)

Re: Imprudence acting Impudently

Adam Farrugia

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:04 AM, Villano, Paul Mr CIV USA TRADOC < [hidden email]> wrote

> I posted this on the SLED list but never got a response.  Somehow my
> Imprudence viewer got corrupted.  The last place I used it for was Second
> Life (I use Imprudence so I can switch between Open Sim and SL). But after
> trying to use the SL viewer and going back to try to use Imprudence in SL it
> just keeps bringing up the Sign On screen from the Second Life website.  Any
> solutions on how to get Imprudence back to behaving nicely? :o)

Hi Paul,

I use Imprudence 1.3.1 (SSE2) and have found that setting your OS-based grid in the Grid Manager as the default grid makes the login screens for both SL and your Opensim grid work perfectly when you use the Grid Manager to toggle between grids (BTW, I'm on Windows 7 64-bit). Your cache may indeed may have become corrupted so it may be wise to clear the viewer cache prior to doing that.
Hope it helps..

Rgds,

Adam Farrugia
PIER Virtual