Quantcast

Physx engine

Belen Torrente
Hello, I would like my simulator to use the PhysX physics engine, but I don't know how to make it work.
I've installed the PhysX SDK, moved all DLL files to the Opensim bin directory, with no success.

I get the following message while launching the server
"[PHYSICS]: creating RealPhysX
 Unable to load DLL 'PhysX-wrapper.dll'"

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Belén Torrente

Re: Physx engine

Tristan-2
I think someone should work on updating this, as it can be very powerful, especially for NVIDIA CUDA users, like myself. I would be very grateful to anyone who makes this work and/or update it it to the level of support ODE has.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 10:40 AM, MW <[hidden email]> wrote:
the opensim physX plugin is very old and was wrote nearly 2 years ago, and I don't think its been updated in the last 18 months. I didn't even realise it was in the current svn. So its not going to work with the current opensim code and even if it did would be very basic compared to the ODE plugin.

Belen Torrente <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, I would like my simulator to use the PhysX physics engine, but I don't know how to make it work.
I've installed the PhysX SDK, moved all DLL files to the Opensim bin directory, with no success.

I get the following message while launching the server
"[PHYSICS]: creating RealPhysX
Unable to load DLL 'PhysX-wrapper.dll'"

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Belén Torrente

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein