Playing streaming media in OpenSim

cliveg
Hi

I have successfully ported the Linden Script Exhibition from SL into
an OpenSim standalone and the scripts now work :)

However, I am having problems with poster 40, streaming media.

1) With Meerkat the video plays and responds to the script dialog box
instructions (play, pause, stop). However once I have played the movie
once and stopped it from the dialog box, it automatically starts to
play over again unless I hit the Play Movie STOP [] button on the
bottom RHS viewer toolbar. (I have the "Automatically play media"
option in Audio and Video preferences unchecked in the viewer.)

2) With the Hippo viewer the movie will not load and play at all.

This script has worked fine in SL with the SL client for a number of years.

What I wanted to ask is if the above is normal behaviour for streaming
video when using Meerkat and Hippo with OpenSim, or if you think my
script may need modification to work properly?

Comments most welcome.

Thanks

Clive

Re: Playing streaming media in OpenSim

cliveg
Hi

Does anyone know how I turn About Land > Loop Media off?

I can go in as Estate Manager turn off the above option, close the
dialog box, and re-open it only to find Loop Media is checked!!

This behaviour is the same with both the Hippo and Meerkat clients.

Is there any way server side (console or OpenSim.ini) of turning off
Loop Media in a hypergrided standalone?

Thanks

Clive

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Clive Gould <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have successfully ported the Linden Script Exhibition from SL into
>> an OpenSim standalone and the scripts now work :)
>>
>> However, I am having problems with poster 40, streaming media.
>>
>> 1) With Meerkat the video plays and responds to the script dialog box
>> instructions (play, pause, stop). However once I have played the movie
>> once and stopped it from the dialog box, it automatically starts to
>> play over again unless I hit the Play Movie STOP [] button on the
>> bottom RHS viewer toolbar. (I have the "Automatically play media"
>> option in Audio and Video preferences unchecked in the viewer.)
>>
>> 2) With the Hippo viewer the movie will not load and play at all.
>>
>> This script has worked fine in SL with the SL client for a number of
>> years.
>>
>> What I wanted to ask is if the above is normal behaviour for streaming
>> video when using Meerkat and Hippo with OpenSim, or if you think my
>> script may need modification to work properly?
>>
>> Comments most welcome.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Clive

Re: Playing streaming media in OpenSim

Mic Bowman
OpenSim does not save parcel media settings.

--mic

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Clive Gould <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Does anyone know how I turn About Land > Loop Media off?

I can go in as Estate Manager turn off the above option, close the
dialog box, and re-open it only to find Loop Media is checked!!

This behaviour is the same with both the Hippo and Meerkat clients.

Is there any way server side (console or OpenSim.ini) of turning off
Loop Media in a hypergrided standalone?

Thanks

Clive

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Clive Gould <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have successfully ported the Linden Script Exhibition from SL into
>> an OpenSim standalone and the scripts now work :)
>>
>> However, I am having problems with poster 40, streaming media.
>>
>> 1) With Meerkat the video plays and responds to the script dialog box
>> instructions (play, pause, stop). However once I have played the movie
>> once and stopped it from the dialog box, it automatically starts to
>> play over again unless I hit the Play Movie STOP [] button on the
>> bottom RHS viewer toolbar. (I have the "Automatically play media"
>> option in Audio and Video preferences unchecked in the viewer.)
>>
>> 2) With the Hippo viewer the movie will not load and play at all.
>>
>> This script has worked fine in SL with the SL client for a number of
>> years.
>>
>> What I wanted to ask is if the above is normal behaviour for streaming
>> video when using Meerkat and Hippo with OpenSim, or if you think my
>> script may need modification to work properly?
>>
>> Comments most welcome.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Clive

Re: Playing streaming media in OpenSim

Frisby, Adam

I’m surprised that bug has stuck around for so long – this should be an easy patch for someone to make.

Adam