Please help evaluate/test PostgreSql support for OpenSimulator

Please help evaluate/test PostgreSql support for OpenSimulator

Dahlia Trimble
Fernando Francisco de Oliveira has graciously decided to contribure his modules to support Postgresql databases for OpenSimulator. Several core developers believe this would be an excellent addition to the code base, however we could use some help evaluating the patches. If you have experience with both OpenSimulator and Postgresql and are willing to act as a guinea pig, please pull his changes from
https://github.com/ffoliveira/opensimulator/tree/PostgreSQL and let the list know how it works for you.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,
-dahlia

On 10/10/2013 7:09 PM, Fernando Francisco de Oliveira wrote:
Hello

I just requested a push from my fork of opensim to the nebadon git opensim repository, that I created the PostgreSQL project to use this database in opensim.

I already have a Mantis Account.

I hope the code and it's use may improve opensim performance and gain more users.

Re: Please help evaluate/test PostgreSql support for OpenSimulator

James Stallings II

With any luck, I'll get a standalone going on it today locally. With a little less luck, the first of the week. I'm feelin' lucky ;)

Thanks again Fernando, excellent contributio mm Sir, thanks again :)

Cheers

On Oct 10, 2013 11:05 PM, "Timothy Rogers" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Fernando's contributions have been merged into git master so a fresh pull from there will now include his postgresql support. Please try it :)

Also, *please remember* that git master is a development repository and should *never* be used in a production environment!