Port Sloodle SL to OpenSim

Tom Willans
Hi folks,

I am interested in porting Sloodle to OpenSim ( http://www.sloodle.org/moodle/ ). Sloodle is a mashup between SecondLife and the Learning Management System Moodle.
Does you know of anyone who can give some general advice on moving and testing scripts from SL to OS and moving data into and out of OS.
We are holding a kick off community meeting to look at our approach and issues and it would be nice to draw on some existing experience, at least in giving us a start.
I am going to propose we base this upon the ODE script engine although we have not discussed this as yet.

Our meeting is at Weds 18th - 2pm SLTime/PDT - 9pm GMT/UK (click here for other timezones). Even if you cannot make the meeting advice would be helpful.

Thanks
Tom

Re: Port Sloodle SL to OpenSim

JaniP
Hi,

Here's something related from Rich White, maybe you work together already?

Best regards,
Jani
http://www.cybertechnews.org

Rich White wrote to opesim-dev 3rd Jan:

Would there be others interested in working with me on a
Moodle/Opensim implementation?  I envision a very different approach
and architecture than Sloodle being that we have direct access to both
the Moodle and Opensim MySQL databases (and code) and can create a
much more direct seeming of the two for authentication and
Moodle/Opensim activities.

We could do a first & third friday of each month meeting on
ReactionGrid or OSGrid and I could establish a wiki for the project if
enough are interested in collaborating on this.  If you would like to
collaborate let me know at [hidden email]

Cheers,
Rich

2009/3/12 Tom Willans <[hidden email]>
[...]

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
Have you been in touch with Daniel Livingstone who made it?

Lindy

Lindy McKeown
Project Officer - Collaboration and Virtual Worlds
Australian Digital Futures Institute
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba Q 4350
Australia
[hidden email]
0419 721 336
Skype lindymac
Second Life identity: Decka Mah

Re: Port Sloodle SL to OpenSim

Tom Willans
Thanks for your suggestions I will follow them up.

I am looking at doing this porting within the Sloodle project run by Daniel Livingstone, who is being very supportive.
I will contact Rich as we do not work together - but it will be good to hear his take on things.

Any more suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Tom

On 12 Mar 2009, at 09:12, Jani Pirkola wrote:

[...]

Managing Director
Bessacarr Publications Ltd
3 Highfield, Hatton Park, Warwick, CV35 7TQ
+44 (0) 1926 402055   +44 (0) 121 288 0281
Registered in England and Wales at the above address.  Company No: 4925067. VAT No:GB 823 9317 24.

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bessacarr Publications Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please return it to the sender immediately. The contents of this message may be legally privileged.