Port forwarding

Timeka Cobb
Hello there folks! I'm installed Diva Distro/Wifi and set up a DDNS but
need to forward port to make things work. There is portfoward.com but they
ask for payment..are there any free alternatives? Thank ya for the help๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Timeka Cobb

Re: Port forwarding

gene
Hi Timeka I use this one and it's free
https://www.simpleportforwarding.com/

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 6:23 AM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello there folks! I'm installed Diva Distro/Wifi and set up a DDNS but
> need to forward port to make things work. There is portfoward.com but they
> ask for payment..are there any free alternatives? Thank ya for the help๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Ÿ
>
> Timeka Cobb

Re: Port forwarding

Asaff Belfer
Port forwarding is something you do in your router to allow outside
connections to get in. Did you do anything like that?

Asaff

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:23 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello there folks! I'm installed Diva Distro/Wifi and set up a DDNS but
> need to forward port to make things work. There is portfoward.com but they
> ask for payment..are there any free alternatives? Thank ya for the help๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Ÿ
>
> Timeka Cobb

Re: Port forwarding

Ethan Gardener
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, at 1:01 PM, Asaff Belfer wrote:
> Port forwarding is something you do in your router to allow outside
> connections to get in. Did you do anything like that?

This is the usual way.  The likes of portforward.com are for people who need to work around excessively restrictive ISPs.  Not usually a problem for home users, more a problem in university dorms, where there are may be heavy restrictions and the network staff aren't being paid by you.

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:23 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello there folks! I'm installed Diva Distro/Wifi and set up a DDNS but
> > need to forward port to make things work. There is portfoward.com but they
> > ask for payment..are there any free alternatives? Thank ya for the help๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Ÿ
> >
> > Timeka Cobb

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash

Re: Port forwarding

Timeka Cobb
Thank ya so very much Sir Gene๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, 8:00 AM gene <[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Timeka I use this one and it's free
> https://www.simpleportforwarding.com/
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 6:23 AM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello there folks! I'm installed Diva Distro/Wifi and set up a DDNS but
> > need to forward port to make things work. There is portfoward.com but
> they
> > ask for payment..are there any free alternatives? Thank ya for the
> help๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Ÿ
> >
> > Timeka Cobb

Re: Port forwarding

Timeka Cobb
Sir Asaff I'm trying to do that so my virtual world can be used by others.
Got my DDNS trying to connect it to the opensim router.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, 8:02 AM Asaff Belfer <[hidden email] wrote:

> Port forwarding is something you do in your router to allow outside
> connections to get in. Did you do anything like that?
>
> Asaff
>

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:23 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello there folks! I'm installed Diva Distro/Wifi and set up a DDNS but
> > need to forward port to make things work. There is portfoward.com but
> they
> > ask for payment..are there any free alternatives? Thank ya for the
> help๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Ÿ
> >
> > Timeka Cobb

Re: Port forwarding

Timeka Cobb
Sir Ethan I got my DDNS but need to get it to connect..so far it's only on
my localhost and need to get it where others can use it.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, 8:43 AM Ethan Gardener <[hidden email] wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, at 1:01 PM, Asaff Belfer wrote:
> > Port forwarding is something you do in your router to allow outside
> > connections to get in. Did you do anything like that?
>
> This is the usual way.  The likes of portforward.com are for people who
> need to work around excessively restrictive ISPs.  Not usually a problem
> for home users, more a problem in university dorms, where there are may be
> heavy restrictions and the network staff aren't being paid by you.
>
> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:23 PM Timeka Cobb <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello there folks! I'm installed Diva Distro/Wifi and set up a DDNS but
> > > need to forward port to make things work. There is portfoward.com but
> they
> > > ask for payment..are there any free alternatives? Thank ya for the
> help๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Ÿ
> > >
> > > Timeka Cobb

> Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long --
> Ogden Nash

Re: Port forwarding

Ethan Gardener
Yeah... It "should" be a matter of just setting port forwarding in your router.  Just as a heads-up, some routers block loopback connections which could prevent it working when all the settings seem to be correct.  My router has an option to enable loopback; it was switched off when I got it.  If it's blocked and you can't switch it on, I imagine external port forwarding may work around it.
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/NAT_Loopback_Routers

Sweet thank you Sir @Ethan๐Ÿ˜

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018, 1:57 AM Ethan Gardener <[hidden email] wrote:

> Yeah... It "should" be a matter of just setting port forwarding in your
> router.  Just as a heads-up, some routers block loopback connections which
> could prevent it working when all the settings seem to be correct.  My
> router has an option to enable loopback; it was switched off when I got
> it.  If it's blocked and you can't switch it on, I imagine external port
> forwarding may work around it.
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/NAT_Loopback_Routers
>
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Timeka Cobb wrote:
> > Sir Ethan I got my DDNS but need to get it to connect..so far it's only
> on
> > my localhost and need to get it where others can use it.

> > > This is the usual way.  The likes of portforward.com are for people
> who
> > > need to work around excessively restrictive ISPs.  Not usually a
> problem
> > > for home users, more a problem in university dorms, where there are
> may be
> > > heavy restrictions and the network staff aren't being paid by you.

> DDNS but
> but
> > > they
> > > help๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Ÿ

> > > --
> > > Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long --
> > > Ogden Nash

> Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long --
> Ogden Nash

Re: Port forwarding

Ethan Gardener
Aw, I try! ^.^

Being called "Sir" makes me feel like a small fluffy animal in shining armour! *giggle*

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018, at 2:23 PM, Timeka Cobb wrote:

> Sweet thank you Sir @Ethan๐Ÿ˜
>
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2018, 1:57 AM Ethan Gardener <[hidden email] wrote:
>
> > Yeah... It "should" be a matter of just setting port forwarding in your
> > router.  Just as a heads-up, some routers block loopback connections which
> > could prevent it working when all the settings seem to be correct.  My
> > router has an option to enable loopback; it was switched off when I got
> > it.  If it's blocked and you can't switch it on, I imagine external port
> > forwarding may work around it.
> > http://opensimulator.org/wiki/NAT_Loopback_Routers
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Timeka Cobb wrote:
> > > Sir Ethan I got my DDNS but need to get it to connect..so far it's only
> > on
> > > my localhost and need to get it where others can use it.

> > who
> > problem
> > may be

> > DDNS but
> > but

> > --
> > Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long --
> > Ogden Nash

Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long -- Ogden Nash

Re: Port forwarding

Timeka Cobb
๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ