Pre-release announcement for OpenSimulator

Pre-release announcement for OpenSimulator

Diva Canto
Hi everyone.

This is an announcement of the *second* release candidate for the much
awaited OpenSimulator 0.9, opensim-0.9.0.0-rc2. As usual, the release
packages can be found in [1].

0.9.0.0 includes all the code donated by Avination about one year ago,
as well as several more improvements made since then. The code was a bit
unstable as we worked through thousands of merged commits, and
correspondent regressions, but we feel it is now stable enough to cut a
release out of it. Many people have already been using it for a few
months, including OSGrid.

rc2 contains many fixes identified in rc1, including some important
permissions issues.

We're still working on the release notes [2].

We appreciate people trying out this release candidate and reporting any
issues back to us via mantis. We are particularly sensitive to
regressions -- things that worked in 0.8.2 and stopped working in 0.9.0.

Best,
Diva

[1] http://dist.opensimulator.org/   (scroll to the bottom)
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.9.0.0_Release

Re: Pre-release announcement for OpenSimulator

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Thanks a LOT Diva and team. Deeply appreciated.
Ramesh

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 8:23 PM, Diva Canto <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040