Problem installing

Lawrence Ong
Hi all,

Dont know if this is the correct place to ask this, but I have some installation/connection problem

I Followed this Install-connect walkthrough, a bit outdated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8fwqdaCTrc

Anyway, i managed to install all the programs, I installed the opensim.
I have managed to launch it. But when everything is set, And i try to connect with this hypoclient, I can find my own sim, but i cant connect to it. It says an error, like there is no internet.
the dosprompt says it can find my persona, and says its connected, yet I fail to connect with the client.

Anyone has any clues how to solve this? Or does anyone else have a link with a tutorial or how to get through? The opensim site doesnt really give a noobie tutorial :P
Im sorry if this isnt the right place to ask this.

Anyway if anyone can help me out
Thanks in advance

Lawrence

Re: Problem installing

Andy Konstandinidis
Hello Lawrence, maybe it's an issue with your firewall? Or maybe some of the router ports have to be opened? This tutorial helped me get started:

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Lawrence Ong <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Andreas Konstantinidis

Research Assistant, SEERC (South- East European Research Center)
PhD Candidate, Informatics Dept., A.U.TH.

Re: Problem installing

Lawrence Ong
firewall is off, and from the router too lol, but anyway, ill check out the link you sended me, thanks :)!

Re: Problem installing

Olli Aro
Administrator
Is it just a local installation? What ips did you give to your region?

Olli

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Dec 2009, at 13:21, Lawrence Ong <[hidden email]> wrote:

firewall is off, and from the router too lol, but anyway, ill check out the link you sended me, thanks :)!

Re: Problem installing

Lawrence Ong
Yes its a local install

I keep it on default (so 0.0.0.0 for internal and 127.0.0.1 for external)
according on the tutorials, i should be like that (default values)

Btw, Andy, alot of people seems to have the same problems, looking at the blog's replies, there are people having the same issues, and no answer is posted.

My dosprompt says that my attempt for logging in is authenticated & was succesful. Yes i keep getting the same thing over again that i cant connect to the grid.

My firewalls are also off, and im on vista if it would matter lol.

grtz
Law

Re: Problem installing

Paul Fishwick
Also..something is going on with the latest opensim version (last 2,3
days): I get
"Connecting to region..." and it hangs. This is typical of a port
problem, but there
are no port issues since the same system works fine on previous versions of
opensim. I'll do some more testing...
-p

Lawrence Ong wrote:

> Yes its a local install
>
> I keep it on default (so 0.0.0.0 for internal and 127.0.0.1 for external)
> according on the tutorials, i should be like that (default values)
>
> Btw, Andy, alot of people seems to have the same problems, looking at
> the blog's replies, there are people having the same issues, and no
> answer is posted.
>
> My dosprompt says that my attempt for logging in is authenticated &
> was succesful. Yes i keep getting the same thing over again that i
> cant connect to the grid.
>
> My firewalls are also off, and im on vista if it would matter lol.
>
> grtz
> Law

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor
University of Florida
CISE Department, CSE 301
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: Problem installing

Lawrence Ong
thats what i keep getting all the time :P

Re: Problem installing

M.E. Verhagen
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Network_Settings

You need to route the traffic to the correct ports. (this is done on your router)

On 18-12-09 18:04, Lawrence Ong wrote:
thats what i keep getting all the time :P
_______________________________________________ Opensim-users mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users

Re: Problem installing

Lawrence Ong
but what does this has to do with a local installment? I mean, its not like it needs internet does it?
Im not planning to put this online or whatever, i just want to do my own things on my own pc.
But if i search for the grid in the hippo-client, it CAN find it. Wouldnt it be unfound if it did go through internet or something?

I'm going to try to open the ports, but im betting its not going to work.

2009/12/18 Marcel Edward Verhagen <[hidden email]>
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Network_Settings

You need to route the traffic to the correct ports. (this is done on your router)

On 18-12-09 18:04, Lawrence Ong wrote:
thats what i keep getting all the time :P

Grtz,
Lawie

Re: Problem installing

Lawrence Ong
nope still not working =(

Re: Problem installing

Robert Klein
If you are running it all local and trying to connect from another local machine then edit the region info to 0.0.0.0 internal and whatever the ip address is for the box the server is running on as the external ip, like 192.168.1.25 or whatever that address is. Then set the login uri on Hippo to http://192.168.1.25:9000/ and it should fly.

Peace,

-Robert

Lawrence Ong wrote
nope still not working =(

Re: Problem installing

Lawrence Ong
Is it possible to run the client on the same pc as the server?
Coz if it isnt, maybe that is my problem? I've been trying to connect to my own pc, not on another one.

Lawrence Ong wrote:

> nope still not working =(

Grtz,
Lawie

Re: Problem installing

Len W. Brown
You can run server and client/viewer both on same system.

Are you trying to run multiple regions or just one single region?

- Len W. Brown
     [hidden email]

Lawrence Ong wrote:

> nope still not working =(

Grtz,
Lawie

- Len W. Brown
  [hidden email]
     http://www.lenfocenter.com

Re: Problem installing

Lawrence Ong
im just trying to make it work lol.
So just one region.

Lawrence Ong wrote:

> nope still not working =(

Grtz,
Lawie

- Len W. Brown
  [hidden email]
     http://www.lenfocenter.com

Grtz,
Lawie

Re: Problem installing

Bill Nickels
Lawrence Ong wrote:

> im just trying to make it work lol.
> So just one region.
>
> 2009/12/20 Len Brown <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     You can run server and client/viewer both on same system.
>
>     Are you trying to run multiple regions or just one single region?
>
>     - Len W. Brown
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
>     On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Lawrence Ong <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>         Is it possible to run the client on the same pc as the server?
>         Coz if it isnt, maybe that is my problem? I've been trying to
>         connect to my own pc, not on another one.
>
>         2009/12/20 Robert Klein <[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>

>             If you are running it all local and trying to connect from
>             another local
>             machine then edit the region info to 0.0.0.0 internal and
>             whatever the ip
>             address is for the box the server is running on as the
>             external ip, like
>             192.168.1.25 or whatever that address is. Then set the
>             login uri on Hippo to
>             http://192.168.1.25:9000/ and it should fly.
>
>             Peace,
>
>             -Robert
>

>             Lawrence Ong wrote:
>             >
>             > nope still not working =(
>
>             >
>             > _______________________________________________
>             > Opensim-users mailing list
>             > [hidden email]
>             <mailto:[hidden email]>
>             > https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>             >
>             >
>
>             --
>

>         --
>         Grtz,
>         Lawie

>     --
>     - Len W. Brown
>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     http://www.lenfocenter.com

> Grtz,
> Lawie

This will be the blind leading the blind but, what OS are you using
Windows/?,OSX/?, Linux/Distro?

Next, check and make sure that ports 9000-9010 are open.

I had similiar problems at first. These were all resolved by using the
diva distro of opensim. However, you have to install and setup MySQL
database software package first.

Re: Problem installing

Lawrence Ong
windows vista Home Premium 6.0

ports are open

whats diva distro?

Re: Problem installing

Bill Nickels
Lawrence Ong wrote:
windows vista Home Premium 6.0

ports are open

whats diva distro?
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download#Diva_Distribution

Re: Problem installing

M.E. Verhagen
maybe this page helps:

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuration

the OpenSim.ini ,
OpenSim.Server.ini,

UserServer.xml.

MessagingServer.xml

and the region config file should be configured correctly.

When the data in the region config file is not correct then the hippoviewer will not be able to connect.

The regions config depends a bit: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuring_Regions
could be the file to edit is regions/default.xml

(confusing is probably the grid, inventory and asset server are now moved into the robust.
when you set gridmode = false in you opensim.ini you will not have to configure the userserver and the messaging server.)