Problem with streaming audio, diva distro

Problem with streaming audio, diva distro

fokides

Hi all,

While experimenting with some simple scripts for playing mp3 files, I stumbled upon the following problem.

I use 2 prims to change the music URL of a region, in order to play two different mp3 files.

The first script is:

default

{

state_entry()

{

llSetParcelMusicURL("");

}

touch_start (integer iTotalNumber)

{

llSetParcelMusicURL("http://my_web_server/sample1.mp3");

}

}

While for the second script I only change line 9, with a different mp3 file.

All goes well in the first region (SW), I can hear the music and I can also see that in the “About Land”, “Media” tab the music URL changes.

Unfortunately,  nothing happens on the other regions, no sound, no music URL…

In every region the option “Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel” (About Land, Media) is not checked.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Problem with streaming audio, diva distro

Bulli
All goes well in the first region (SW), I can hear the music and I can also see that in the “About Land”, “Media” tab the music URL changes.

Unfortunately,  nothing happens on the other regions, no sound, no music URL…

In every region the option “Restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel” (About Land, Media) is not checked.

What am I doing wrong?

Only the landowner can change the audio settings. Do the parcels in the different sims have the same owner? Also, remember that is a parcel is group-owned, the script needs to be put in a group-deeded prim as well.

Hope this helps,

Ard.

Re: Problem with streaming audio, diva distro

fokides

Only the landowner can change the audio settings. Do the parcels in the different sims have the same owner? Also, remember that is a parcel is group-owned, the script needs to be put in a group-deeded prim as well.

Hope this helps,

Ard.

Unfortunately, the above are not an issue in my case. I just have the default diva distribution with the 4 islands