Problems with running my own grid

Arndt, Ulrike
Problems with running my own grid

Hello,

I'm new in opensim and for lots of hours I try to run my own grid on opensim.
I followed the grid mode configuration instructions, but the Messaging Server (UGAIM) doesn't run ("Unable to connect to grid. Grid server not running?"). The Grid server is running, with some errors, but the last line is "OpenGrid# :" .

When I open the viewer (realXtend) and want to connect to http://127.0.0.1:8002 I get the error message: "Unable to connect to authentication server. Received no response from http://127.0.0.1:10001"

I looked in many tutorials and changed very often the parameters in OpenSim.ini, but without success. Can somebody help me with this problem?

After that I tried to register a region of osgrid. It was possible to access this region, but I'm not registered for this region. How can I do that?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Ulrike

Re: Problems with running my own grid

Dirk Krause
Hi,

regarding the registration - it is here:
  http://osgrid.org/index.php?page=create&btn=4

Regarding the other problem, it helps if you paste the OpenSim.log and maybe your ini file here:
  http://pastebin.com/

so that experienced people can see what the problems are.

Best,
  Dirk/Bart

winmail.dat (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Problems with running my own grid

Arndt, Ulrike
Hi,

Thank you for your fast answer.

Regarding the registration:
I'm already registered, but I don't know how to register a region, so that on the map of Osgrid one of the regions belongs to my account.

Regarding to the UGAIM problem. I pasted the files:

OpenSim.log
http://pastebin.com/m28cb9963

OpenSim.ini
http://pastebin.com/m736d669a

Regards,
Ulrike

Re: Problems with running my own grid

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
Hello

You should as soon as possible delete the username and password from the ini file. The whole world can see it.

also there are missing some important infos in the ini file. Are you sure thats the ini you are using ?

Also there is a default.xml in the region folder that contains vital information regarding your region

best regards
Wordfromthe Wise

> I'm already registered, but I don't know how to register a region, so that on the map of Osgrid one of the regions belongs to my account.
>
> Regarding to the UGAIM problem. I pasted the files:
>
> OpenSim.log
> http://pastebin.com/m28cb9963
>
> OpenSim.ini
> http://pastebin.com/m736d669a
>
> Regards,
> Ulrike

Hello again,

Yes, that with the username and password was stupid. I'm sorry. Here you can find the new ini file
http://pastebin.com/m21aa62f5

I have 2 xml-files in my region folder. One is the default region and one should be my own region. Here you can find the 2. xml file
http://pastebin.com/m3f6a59d0

Yes, I use this ini file and I suppose, that is the problem, because I don't know which infos are missing and which are wrong and so on. Can somebody help me to configurate the ini file, please?

Best regards,

Ulrike

> I'm already registered, but I don't know how to register a region, so that on the map of Osgrid one of the regions belongs to my account.
>
> Regarding to the UGAIM problem. I pasted the files:
>
> OpenSim.log
> http://pastebin.com/m28cb9963
>
> OpenSim.ini
> http://pastebin.com/m736d669a
>
> Regards,
> Ulrike

Are you going to connect the region to the osgrid ? And as a first tip (i am writing this from my mobile phone) there is/should be a opensim.ini.example in the install folder.

Word