Quantcast

Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

Chris M
I've recently set up a small test grid consisting of 6 simulator
instances running on OS 0.9.1.0 (Master) in normal grid mode (not HG).
Everything seems to be working except that on teleport to another region
in another instance there is randomly a complete failure of the
teleport. This happens upon communication to the destination region
resulting in the person teleporting being instantly logged off the grid
as soon as they attempted the teleport, and they may even look like
they're missing attachments to depending on if the viewer teleport
screen went away or not. In the ROBUST console there is "Got logout
for... (name)" when this happens.

The instance and setup I used looks like this:
There are 4 more OpenSim instances aside from this but they follow the
same pattern

                  (Server Hardware)

                         ROBUST

                         /            \
         OpenSim 1                OpenSim 2
           |           |                      |            |
   Region 1   Region 2     Region 3  Region 4

So for instance if I teleport from OpenSim 1, Region 1 to OpenSim 2,
Region 4 the chance for disconnect can happen in this instance. It's not
consistent; sometimes TP works but other times there is a instant
complete disconnect of the user before the viewer even tried to get them
to their destination, that is... there's no long wait at the teleport
progress bar, it's pretty much instantly when they try to teleport. This
happens both when trying TP within the LAN for myself that OS is setup
on and also over WAN for other users. I'm not sure if this happens if
one does say... OpenSim 1, Region 1 to OpenSim 1, Region 2. I haven't
seen it so far; it's been from OpenSim 1 to OpenSim 2 that I see it
happen on occasion.

I'm not sure why this would be happening, I've checked the access
permissions for the destination regions and nothing's set up to deny
anyone teleporting there. I've tried disabling antivirus and firewall to
no avail. All instances are on the same server hardware along side
ROBUST service; there is no communication to any other OS services
outside of that server system.

Does anyone have any insight to why this is happening? I'm really at a
loss for it at this point especially since coming from OS 0.8.x grid
mode and haven't seen this teleport issue there (I did start from
scratch .ini files when I set up 0.9.1.0).

Thank you!

Re: Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

Chris M
Since my email client decided to ruin my admittedly poor drawing of my
grid setup with fixed width fonts :)

Server Hardware ---> ROBUST --> OpenSim 1 (Region 1, Region 2)

                        -------> OpenSim 2 (Region 3, Region 4)

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine

Re: Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

Chris M
Thank you for the quick response. When I say instance, I mean a separate
OpenSim.exe process-- There are 6 of them all connecting to Robust.exe;
everything is running on the same computer and same network. All my
local services are configured with the IP address that the server has
(in this case, 192.168.1.103) with the exception of the necessary WAN
facing addresses needed for outside people to access it, login service,
map service, etc. I would say... roughly 70 - 80% of teleports are
successful with no problems, but the remaining 20 - 30% result in that
issue.

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

David Saunders-2
Chris,

   We be having similar issues with .0,9.   But we are quite larger 100+ regions(simulators) spread among 3 different server and the robust on it dedicated  server.  The problem we are having is network issues seams to the robust  refuses connections for  a few secs and then all back to normal tell the next time it happens.   Since I was waiting tell the code is released before posting it.

 I had planed on trying to run several asset servers to see if this will offload some of the connections on the robust server.  And see if this will change things.  But having 40 avatars I would not think would overload the robust. But who knows. We have plenty of ram for overhead for the robust server to live in. ( 40GB advailble)

  It seams to be sort of random, our current fix if it happens to much is restart the region that seams have the connection issue.

 But other then that, we been very please with the minor issues that we have and working to fix.

David.