Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

Chris M
I've recently set up a small test grid consisting of 6 simulator
instances running on OS 0.9.1.0 (Master) in normal grid mode (not HG).
Everything seems to be working except that on teleport to another region
in another instance there is randomly a complete failure of the
teleport. This happens upon communication to the destination region
resulting in the person teleporting being instantly logged off the grid
as soon as they attempted the teleport, and they may even look like
they're missing attachments to depending on if the viewer teleport
screen went away or not. In the ROBUST console there is "Got logout
for... (name)" when this happens.

The instance and setup I used looks like this:
There are 4 more OpenSim instances aside from this but they follow the
same pattern

                  (Server Hardware)

                         ROBUST

                         /            \
         OpenSim 1                OpenSim 2
           |           |                      |            |
   Region 1   Region 2     Region 3  Region 4

So for instance if I teleport from OpenSim 1, Region 1 to OpenSim 2,
Region 4 the chance for disconnect can happen in this instance. It's not
consistent; sometimes TP works but other times there is a instant
complete disconnect of the user before the viewer even tried to get them
to their destination, that is... there's no long wait at the teleport
progress bar, it's pretty much instantly when they try to teleport. This
happens both when trying TP within the LAN for myself that OS is setup
on and also over WAN for other users. I'm not sure if this happens if
one does say... OpenSim 1, Region 1 to OpenSim 1, Region 2. I haven't
seen it so far; it's been from OpenSim 1 to OpenSim 2 that I see it
happen on occasion.

I'm not sure why this would be happening, I've checked the access
permissions for the destination regions and nothing's set up to deny
anyone teleporting there. I've tried disabling antivirus and firewall to
no avail. All instances are on the same server hardware along side
ROBUST service; there is no communication to any other OS services
outside of that server system.

Does anyone have any insight to why this is happening? I'm really at a
loss for it at this point especially since coming from OS 0.8.x grid
mode and haven't seen this teleport issue there (I did start from
scratch .ini files when I set up 0.9.1.0).

Thank you!

Re: Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

Chris M
Since my email client decided to ruin my admittedly poor drawing of my
grid setup with fixed width fonts :)

Server Hardware ---> ROBUST --> OpenSim 1 (Region 1, Region 2)

                        -------> OpenSim 2 (Region 3, Region 4)

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine

Re: Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

Chris M
Thank you for the quick response. When I say instance, I mean a separate
OpenSim.exe process-- There are 6 of them all connecting to Robust.exe;
everything is running on the same computer and same network. All my
local services are configured with the IP address that the server has
(in this case, 192.168.1.103) with the exception of the necessary WAN
facing addresses needed for outside people to access it, login service,
map service, etc. I would say... roughly 70 - 80% of teleports are
successful with no problems, but the remaining 20 - 30% result in that
issue.

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Problems with teleporting in grid mode from simulator instance to another instance?

David Saunders-2
Chris,

   We be having similar issues with .0,9.   But we are quite larger 100+ regions(simulators) spread among 3 different server and the robust on it dedicated  server.  The problem we are having is network issues seams to the robust  refuses connections for  a few secs and then all back to normal tell the next time it happens.   Since I was waiting tell the code is released before posting it.

 I had planed on trying to run several asset servers to see if this will offload some of the connections on the robust server.  And see if this will change things.  But having 40 avatars I would not think would overload the robust. But who knows. We have plenty of ram for overhead for the robust server to live in. ( 40GB advailble)

  It seams to be sort of random, our current fix if it happens to much is restart the region that seams have the connection issue.

 But other then that, we been very please with the minor issues that we have and working to fix.

David.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 7:46 AM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I still seem to be having the teleport issue only now I'm getting an exception from the simulator I'm teleporting from when it happens.

This line "2017-05-22 22:04:47,639 WARN  [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: UpdateAgent failed on teleport of Test User to Test Region.  Keeping avatar in Aurora" seems odd to me because it's almost as if the simulator tried to keep me in the originating simulator but failed to do so, So i end up at the destination region but with bits and pieces of myself all over the place and can't move afterwards; eventually I time out and the viewer disconnects.

There does not seem to be any logging of interest at the destination simulator except for this: "22:04:47 - [SCENE]: Ignoring a child update on a root agent Test User 3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50 in Test Region"

Exception (Simulator teleporting from; IP address X'ed out for privacy):

2017-05-22 22:04:44,823 DEBUG [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Teleporting Test User 3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50 from Aurora to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/ (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/) Test Region/<84, 205, 22>
2017-05-22 22:04:45,057 DEBUG [REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: QueryAccess to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/agent/3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50/e49c50ed-1262-4cf4-9b5b-c56429af6d6b/ returned True, reason , version 0.6/0.6
2017-05-22 22:04:45,057 DEBUG [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Aurora transfer protocol version to Test Region is 0.6 / 0.6
2017-05-22 22:04:45,057 DEBUG [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Determined that region Test Region at 995,1004 size 256,256 needs new child agent for agent Test User from Aurora
2017-05-22 22:04:45,073 DEBUG [REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Creating agent at http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/
2017-05-22 22:04:45,104 DEBUG [ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Sending new CAPS seed url http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/CAPS/c70fd427-4fac-4a3b-8d2c-ee90869c309d0000/ from Aurora to Test User
2017-05-22 22:04:46,905 DEBUG [WEB UTIL]: Exception making request: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
   at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadToEnd()
   at OpenSim.Framework.WebUtil.ServiceOSDRequestWorker(String url, OSDMap data, String method, Int32 timeout, Boolean compressed, Boolean rpc) in E:\opensim\OpenSim\Framework\WebUtil.cs:line 308
2017-05-22 22:04:46,921 DEBUG [LOGHTTP]: JSON-RPC request 2540 PUT to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/agent/3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50/ FAILED: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
2017-05-22 22:04:47,624 DEBUG [WEB UTIL]: Exception making request: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
2017-05-22 22:04:47,639 DEBUG [LOGHTTP]: JSON-RPC request 2541 PUT to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/agent/3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50/ FAILED: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
2017-05-22 22:04:47,655 DEBUG [REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: CloseAgent http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9004/agent/3c086d77-10d2-4cdd-bb5e-832dda41aa50/e49c50ed-1262-4cf4-9b5b-c56429af6d6b/?auth=e1195c46-1922-4a57-8a96-3a822241fa9d