Profiles

lppallew
Hello,

Anyone have any idea how to get Profiles and Search working from the bundled services pack.

I copied os_services to my root web IIS server, created and gave permissions to database and made changes to opensim.ini file.  I am running the Diva version, don't know if that makes any difference.

My Profile section in opensim.ini file looks like this:

[Profile]

; Change it to your own HTTP server to have the Profile server work

Enabled = true

Module = "OpenProfileModule"

ProfileURL = http://localhost/os_services/profiles/profile.php

and this is the newest error:

 ERROR - OpenSimProfile.Modules.OpenProfile.OpenProfileModule [PROFILE]: Unable to connect to Profile Server http://localhost/os_services/profiles/profile.php.  Exception System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Thank you

Re: Profiles

Chris Kennedy-2
If you are running your web server on a port other than port 80 it may help to specify that port in your URL.

Example, if your web server listens on port 4509, then you would want to put in your ProfileURL

ProfileURL = http://localhost:4509/os_services/profiles/profile.php

If that does not help you could try specifying 127.0.0.1 instead of locahost

Hope this helps :)

On 12/22/2011 1:17 PM, Wayne wrote:
[...]

OpenSim: 9 Region Standalone on 0.7.3 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows XP 32 Bit
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 3 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.11

Re: Profiles

Gary Banham

Hi Wayne I’m going to try this again if there is a redundant post I’m sorry but I think my first message got lost into oblivion

I’m not familiar with IIS so there may be an issue with connecting to the database and I can’t help you there

You can try to change localhost to the server IP address Fleep had mentioned that localhost won’t work and I thought it might locally

Make sure your opensim ini is set up right

I had to add this to my file

[Profile]

     Enabled = true

     Module = OpenProfileModule

    ; Change it to your own HTTP server to have the Profile server work

              ;ProfileURL = MOODLE_URL/blocks/modlos/helper/profile.php

              ProfileURL = http://xxx.xx.xx.xx/os_services/profiles/profile.php

This has to be accessible from outside the server

I.E. if I enter into use it I can serve profiles to my grid from your server

Hope this helps

TC

Gary

Re: Profiles

lppallew
Thank you everyone.

I just discovered the problem, I had no php server manager for IIS.

Sorry for all the posts on this.

Wayne