Proposal: add option to disable, connecting neighbor regions when open map...

Proposal: add option to disable, connecting neighbor regions when open map...

Opensimfan

sounds a bit strange maybe but i'll explain... :)
when I open map in grid modes i always get a flood of warning messages with
connecting neighbor regions. (get map information)

so my proposal is to add option to disable connecting neighbor regions with map
or or only show successful connections...

full details here:

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me, please )

https://plus.google.com/u/0/111310545842863442992
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Proposal: add option to disable, connecting neighbor regions when open map...

Ethan Gardener
How about simply fixing OpenSim's map code to tell viewers disabled regions are not present?

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015, at 11:10 AM, Dutch Glory wrote:

> sounds a bit strange maybe but i'll explain... :)
> when I open map in grid modes i always get a flood of warning messages with
> connecting neighbor regions. (get map information)
>

> so my proposal is to add option to disable connecting neighbor regions with map
> or or only show successful connections...
>
> full details here:
>
> http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7461

> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
>
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs
>
> My Google+ page (follow me, please )
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/111310545842863442992

Wir mussen wissen, wir werden wissen.

Re: Proposal: add option to disable, connecting neighbor regions when open map...

Opensimfan
This post was updated on .
well regions who give error(s) are present and running, connecting to them is causing
errors.

When you open the map, opensimulator is trying to create a map tile for all running regions.
but if a region can't be reached (DNS timeout) it gives errors you see in mantis link (at the bottom)
so if you show only successful connections, you don't get a flood of messages....

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Proposal: add option to disable, connecting neighbor regions when open map...

Ethan Gardener
Oh sorry. I assumed it was the same as what I've seen, where regions I've disabled give that error. I run a standalone, so disabling a region consists of shutting down the whole thing, moving the region file, and starting it up again.