Quad Mesh avatars anyone??

Robert L martin
Does anybody know how to go about making a quad mesh avatar (like a Dire Wolf??)

also in blender which way do i need to face the avatar to get it to
import to OS/SL correctly??

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Quad Mesh avatars anyone??

Robert L martin
okay so if i

1 get a dire wolf designed (but rigged as a biped)
2 setup the animations/poses and load into an AO

then it should actually work correctly (more or less)

less than i thought it would be

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:16 PM, Michael Emory Cerquoni
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> the trick to a quad avatar is in the AO, you need BVH animations that force
> your avatar into the quad position, then you have to take this all into
> account when rigging your quad mesh, you basically have to build all your
> own animations as well unfortunately, its much harder than just simply
> rigging mesh joints.  There is no native support in the current viewers for
> quad+ avatars.
>
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Robert Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody know how to go about making a quad mesh avatar (like a Dire
>> Wolf??)
>>
>> also in blender which way do i need to face the avatar to get it to
>> import to OS/SL correctly??
>>
>> --
>> Robert L Martin

> Michael Emory Cerquoni

Robert L Martin

Re: Quad Mesh avatars anyone??

Michael Emory Cerquoni
Yes in theory it should all works, that is how it is done in Second Life, and our functionality on these matters should be 1:1

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> the trick to a quad avatar is in the AO, you need BVH animations that force
> your avatar into the quad position, then you have to take this all into
> account when rigging your quad mesh, you basically have to build all your
> own animations as well unfortunately, its much harder than just simply
> rigging mesh joints.  There is no native support in the current viewers for
> quad+ avatars.
>
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM, Robert Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody know how to go about making a quad mesh avatar (like a Dire
>> Wolf??)
>>
>> also in blender which way do i need to face the avatar to get it to
>> import to OS/SL correctly??
>>
>> --
>> Robert L Martin

> Michael Emory Cerquoni