Question about BulletSim and jumping

Chris M
Hello all,

I am wanting tweak the jump height to be a bit higher than is default
with BulletSim physics and was wondering if there is a configuration for
it that affects gravity and/or jumping?

Having searched through OpenSim.ini as well as OpenSimDefaults.ini; I
can't seem to locate any relevant parameters to change to this effect.

Thank you!

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine

Re: Question about BulletSim and jumping

Mister Blue
The jump itself is done by applying an upward velocity to the avatar. The amount of velocity is a constant embedded in ScenePresenceAnimator.cs. The height can be increased in BulletSim because the zeroing of this upward force is suppressed for a few frames so the avatar does jump[1]. This code is in BSActorAvatarMove.cs which has all the fiddling for flying, walking up stairs, jumping and such avatar movement diddling.

The parameter [BulletSim]AvatarJumpFrames=4 can be increased to increase the height of the jump. The default is 4 (about a third of a second). Try 10 and see how high you go.

== mb

[1] normally an avatar doesn't move up unless flying so, if not flying but not colliding, normally upward force would be suppressed. Unless jumping.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I am wanting tweak the jump height to be a bit higher than is default with BulletSim physics and was wondering if there is a configuration for it that affects gravity and/or jumping?

Having searched through OpenSim.ini as well as OpenSimDefaults.ini; I can't seem to locate any relevant parameters to change to this effect.

Thank you!

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Question about BulletSim and jumping

Chris M
Ahh interesting. I didn't know about this, I added the line to my BulletSim section and set it to 8. It's about the jump height I was looking for now :)

Thank you very much!