Question about IAR/OAR files and possible duplicate assets

Question about IAR/OAR files and possible duplicate assets

Chris M

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick hypothetical question about IAR/OAR load and possible
duplicate assets. I fully understand that the odds of a UUID collision
are pretty astronomical but what would happen if in the very unlikely
event that I load an IAR or an OAR file to my database, and the database
already contains an asset with the UUID that the archive is trying to load?

Example:

My database has a hypothetical asset referenced by the ID
'd22d815b-6c1e-42ae-aee0-fe5ebc625760' ... Let's say it is a texture.

The IAR/OAR I'm loading also has an asset referenced by ID
'd22d815b-6c1e-42ae-aee0-fe5ebc625760' except it contains different data
from what's already in my database... and possibly might be a different
asset type.

In this instance does my original asset get overwritten by the one in
the archive, or does the asset from the archive to be loaded get ignored
without overwriting the original (leaving the one in the database
untouched), or does it somehow attempt to load this asset with a
different ID and possibly remap any objects in the archive using the
original ID to this new one?

What actually happens in this scenario?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine