Question about land management module logging on OS 0.8.0.3

Question about land management module logging on OS 0.8.0.3

Chris M
Hello all, I recently updated to OS 0.8.0.3 and upon start up I get a few errors pertaining to the land management module:

2015-01-03 11:26:45,708 ERROR - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Land.LandManagementModule [LAND MANAGEMENT MODULE]: Cannot add parcel "Your Parcel", local ID 2 at tile 0,0 because this is still occupied by parcel "Your Parcel", local ID 1 in Test Region

It seems to log this for every region I have configured. I was wondering if this is normal for upgrading from a previous version (0.7.6)?

Is there anything I can do to resolve it or is it something I should not worry about too much? It doesn't seem to interfere with normal day to day operations; but admittedly I don't do a whole lot with land/parcel management. It does, however, show up on every start up.

Thank you and hope every one has gotten off to a good new year's start! :)

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine

Re: Question about land management module logging on OS 0.8.0.3

justincc
IIRC, I added some checks so that parcels that were overlapping (possibly due to some earlier bug) would not overwrite
each other.  I expect this is what you are seeing.

It might be that with 0.8.0.3 your older parcel (ID 1) is now used instead of a newer one, though that could also have
been the behaviour before and it previously wasn't logged.

If you want to stop these messages, you will need to manually remove the parcel with LocalLandID == 2 from the Land
database table [1] with the simulator shutdown.  However, in themselves they don't cause any other issues.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Land_%28database_table%29

On 03/01/15 17:43, Chris wrote:

> Hello all, I recently updated to OS 0.8.0.3 and upon start up I get a few errors pertaining to the land management module:
>
> 2015-01-03 11:26:45,708 ERROR - OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.Land.LandManagementModule [LAND MANAGEMENT MODULE]:
> Cannot add parcel "Your Parcel", local ID 2 at tile 0,0 because this is still occupied by parcel "Your Parcel", local ID
> 1 in Test Region
>
> It seems to log this for every region I have configured. I was wondering if this is normal for upgrading from a previous
> version (0.7.6)?
>
> Is there anything I can do to resolve it or is it something I should not worry about too much? It doesn't seem to
> interfere with normal day to day operations; but admittedly I don't do a whole lot with land/parcel management. It does,
> however, show up on every start up.
>
> Thank you and hope every one has gotten off to a good new year's start! :)

OSVW Consulting

Re: Question about land management module logging on OS 0.8.0.3

Chris M
On 1/5/2015 1:57 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
Ahhh OK. I suppose I'll leave them alone then if they won't cause any
issues. They don't bother me otherwise :)

Thank you very much Justin!