Question about upgrade to 0.7.3

cliveg
Hi

This is probably a silly question because I have missed something obvious

Are there any upgrade instructions for moving from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 ?

Is the upgrade process straightforward as it has been with earlier
minor version number upgrades?

Have there been any changes to configuration files?

i.e. Can the configuration files from 0.7.2 be copied over to 0.7.3 or
is it necessary to start with the clean configuration files for 0.7.3
and customise them?

Thanks very much

Clive

Re: Question about upgrade to 0.7.3

justincc
On 01/03/12 08:17, Clive Gould wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is probably a silly question because I have missed something obvious
>
> Are there any upgrade instructions for moving from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 ?
>
> Is the upgrade process straightforward as it has been with earlier
> minor version number upgrades?
>
> Have there been any changes to configuration files?
>
> i.e. Can the configuration files from 0.7.2 be copied over to 0.7.3 or
> is it necessary to start with the clean configuration files for 0.7.3
> and customise them?

Though it's tempting, we really don't recommend simply copying over the files as changes have caught people out in the
past (e.g Flotsam cache config changes).  Better to compare the files and copy over the config stuff that you've changed.

Having said that, non OpenSimDefaults.ini config between 0.7.3 and 0.7.2 has probably changed little.  Hypergrid config
has changed but that won't affect you if you don't use it.

There are some region database changes though these should actually be backward compatible (note, this is not a
guarantee).  So it should simply be a case of plugging the new 0.7.3 into your existing databases (after doing a
database backup first, of course :)

http://justincc.org/blog