Re: Configuration file is missing the [SimulationDataStore] section

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuration file is missing the [SimulationDataStore] section

Chris Kennedy-2
On 2/25/2011 7:44 PM, Punko wrote:

> Before you all flame me, I checked the mailing list for previous posts of
> this error message and one existed, the solution was "In fact, there are two
> sections missing from StandaloneHypergrid.ini,SimulationDataStore
> andEstateDataStore. Try to copy those sections from Standalone.ini:"
>
> I have checked the file "StandaloneHypergrid.ini" and it has both of these
> sections....where else could it be missing from?
>
> Output below...all help appreciated thank you..(God I wish the software
> would tell u where it was actually missing from...that would be nice)
>
> 12:01:10 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: configured log4net using default
> OpenSim.exe.config
> 12:01:11 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Runtime gave us 35 worker threads and 0 IOCP
> threads
> 12:01:11 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Bumping up to 500 worker threads and 1000 IOCP
> threads
> 12:01:11 - Performing compatibility checks...
> 12:01:11 - Environment is compatible.
> 12:01:11 - [CONFIG]: Reading configuration settings
> 12:01:11 - [CONFIG]: Reading configuration file
> /home/opensim/var/opensim/bin/OpenSimDefaults.ini
> 12:01:11 - [CONFIG]: Reading configuration file
> /home/opensim/var/opensim/bin/OpenSim.ini
> 12:01:11 - [LOGGING]: Logging started to file
> /home/opensim/var/opensim/bin/OpenSim.log
> 12:01:11 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Using async_call_method SmartThreadPool
> 12:01:11 - [STARTUP]: Beginning startup processing
> 12:01:11 - [STARTUP]: OpenSimulator version: OpenSim 0.7.1 Dev
> 12:01:11 - [STARTUP]: Operating system version: Unix 2.6.32.21
> 12:01:11 -
> ====================================================================
> 12:01:11 - ========================= STARTING OPENSIM
> =========================
> 12:01:11 -
> ====================================================================
> 12:01:11 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Running
> 12:01:11 - [APPLICATION]:
> APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs
>
> Exception: System.Exception: Configuration file is missing the
> [SimulationDataStore] section
>    at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific () [0x00000]
>    at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific () [0x00000]
>    at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup () [0x00000]
>    at OpenSim.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]
>
> Application is terminating: True
>

I am having this problem as well. OS 0.7.1 Dev won't even attempt to
load unless these two sections:

[SimulationDataStore]
      LocalServiceModule =
"OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll:SimulationDataService"

[EstateDataStore]
      LocalServiceModule =
"OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll:EstateDataService"

exist somewhere (I put them at the very end of the files) in both
StandaloneCommon.ini (in /bin/config-include) and also OpenSim.ini (in
/bin) and then it would load part way, and terminate with this error:
"02:23:24 - [FRIENDS]: No Connector defined in section Friends, or
failed to load, cannot continue". I checked the friends section of
OpenSim.ini; it seems to be configured correctly and the friends dll
file exists.

If I put this section in OpenSim.ini:

[Friends]
     ; The port the friendslist interregion comms will listen on
     ; Defaults to the simulator's TCP port
     ;Port = 0

     ; Uncomment one of the lines below. Use FriendsService for local
     ; operation, Connectors for remote operation
      Connector = "OpenSim.Services.FriendsService.dll"
     ;Connector = "OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll"

I end up with this error

02:40:23 - Error loading plugin from
OpenSim.Services.FriendsService.dll, except
ion System.Exception: No StorageProvider configured
    at OpenSim.Services.Friends.FriendsServiceBase..ctor(IConfigSource
config) in
  c:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\opensim-tree-6bd18eb 0.7.1
Dev\OpenSim\
Services\Friends\FriendsServiceBase.cs:line 74
    at OpenSim.Services.Friends.FriendsService..ctor(IConfigSource
config) in c:\
Documents and Settings\Chris\Desktop\opensim-tree-6bd18eb 0.7.1
Dev\OpenSim\Serv
ices\Friends\FriendsService.cs:line 42
02:40:23 - [FRIENDS]: No Connector defined in section Friends, or failed
to load
, cannot continue
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuration file is missing the [SimulationDataStore] section

Marck-2
Punko wrote:

>
> Before you all flame me, I checked the mailing list for previous posts of
> this error message and one existed, the solution was "In fact, there are two
> sections missing from StandaloneHypergrid.ini,SimulationDataStore
> andEstateDataStore. Try to copy those sections from Standalone.ini:"
>
> I have checked the file "StandaloneHypergrid.ini" and it has both of these
> sections....where else could it be missing from?
>
> Output below...all help appreciated thank you..(God I wish the software
> would tell u where it was actually missing from...that would be nice)
>
> 12:01:10 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: configured log4net using default
> OpenSim.exe.config
> 12:01:11 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Runtime gave us 35 worker threads and 0 IOCP
> threads
> 12:01:11 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Bumping up to 500 worker threads and 1000 IOCP
> threads
> 12:01:11 - Performing compatibility checks...
> 12:01:11 - Environment is compatible.
> 12:01:11 - [CONFIG]: Reading configuration settings
> 12:01:11 - [CONFIG]: Reading configuration file
> /home/opensim/var/opensim/bin/OpenSimDefaults.ini
> 12:01:11 - [CONFIG]: Reading configuration file
> /home/opensim/var/opensim/bin/OpenSim.ini
> 12:01:11 - [LOGGING]: Logging started to file
> /home/opensim/var/opensim/bin/OpenSim.log
> 12:01:11 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Using async_call_method SmartThreadPool
> 12:01:11 - [STARTUP]: Beginning startup processing

This log excerpt shows that only configuration file OpenSim.ini is loaded but none of the files in subfolder config-include which in turn do all the settings that are currently missing for your installation.

Make sure that you have set parameter Include-Architecture in section [Architecture] at the bottom of OpenSim.ini and that you have either config-include/GridCommon.ini or config-include/StandaloneCommon.ini configured (make a copy of one of the *.example files, if you don't already have  those).
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuration file is missing the [SimulationDataStore] section

Chris Kennedy-2
This log excerpt shows that only configuration file OpenSim.ini is
loaded but none of the files in subfolder config-include which in turn
do all the settings that are currently missing for your installation.

>
> Make sure that you have set parameter Include-Architecture in section
> [Architecture] at the bottom of OpenSim.ini and that you have either
> config-include/GridCommon.ini or config-include/StandaloneCommon.ini
> configured (make a copy of one of the *.example files, if you don't
> already have  those).
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>

Aha! Setting the architecture (in my case, standalone) seems to work
like a charm; no need for adding in all those additional sections and
friends connectors. Thank you!

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configuration file is missing the [SimulationDataStore] section

nedaabdollahi
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Marck-2
I am trying to install OpenSim on windows 8 but I got the error that: "The configuration file is missing"

I have copied the GridCommon.ini and StandaloneCommon.ini into OpenSim.ini file but I am still getting the same error!

Can anyone help me to fix it?

Thanks
Neda