Re: Errors trying to use MySQL data with new

Re: Errors trying to use MySQL data with new

cliveg
Hi Kevin

Are you trying to make a fresh install of 0.6.7, because if you are
the error messages suggest the database tables already exist.

For a fresh install the database needs to exist but the tables should
not be there. Try dropping all the tables in the database before you
restart OpenSim.

Also you say you've copied over the /bin directory - you only need to
copy over and modify where appropriate OpenSim.ini,
Regions/Regions.ini and any terrain files from the old version to the
new one.

Good luck

Clive

Message: 8
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:49:35 -0000
From: "Kevin Buckley" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [Opensim-users] Errors trying to use MySQL data with new
       opensim release
To: <[hidden email]>

I am trying to use the latest v0.6.7-post release Opensim in standalone.  I
have a 'production grid' which is based on the OSGrid downloadable (with the
ini files suitably changed) working with MySQL.  This has been working well
for some time (but has some issues - well known).

I have:

O Downloaded the latest 0.6.7 following the instructions provided by Clive
Gould, prebuilt and compiled it, copied the /bin directory to make a 'Test
Grid' and changed the ini's to reflect my MySQL settings

O Made a snapshot of my Opensim MySQL database and created a new copy
(opensimtest) which is referenced in the 'Test Grid' Opensim ini's

When I try to run it I get a bunch of errors that look like this and it
terminates:

2009-10-28 09:30:23,490 INFO  - OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLManager [MYSQL]:
Connection established

2009-10-28 09:30:23,490 DEBUG - OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLManager [REGION DB]:
Connection wait timeout 28860 seconds

2009-10-28 09:30:23,511 INFO  - OpenSim.Data.Migration [MIGRATIONS]
Upgrading AssetStore to latest revision.

2009-10-28 09:30:23,511 INFO  - OpenSim.Data.Migration [MIGRATIONS] NOTE:
this may take a while, don't interupt this process!

2009-10-28 09:30:23,631 ERROR - OpenSim.Server.Base.ServerUtils Error
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'assets' already exists

  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()

  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(UInt64& affectedRows,
Int64& lastInsertId)

  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetResultSet()

  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()

  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
behavior)

  at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

  at OpenSim.Data.Migration.Update() in c:\Documents and
Settings\Kevin\opensim\OpenSim\Data\Migration.cs:line 141

  at OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLAssetData.Initialise(String connect) in
c:\Documents and
Settings\Kevin\opensim\OpenSim\Data\MySQL\MySQLAssetData.cs:line 83

  at OpenSim.Services.AssetService.AssetServiceBase..ctor(IConfigSource
config) in c:\Documents and
Settings\Kevin\opensim\OpenSim\Services\AssetService\AssetServiceBase.cs:lin
e 80

  at OpenSim.Services.AssetService.AssetService..ctor(IConfigSource config)
in c:\Documents and
Settings\Kevin\opensim\OpenSim\Services\AssetService\AssetService.cs:line 46

2009-10-28 09:30:23,871 ERROR -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.ServiceConnectorsOut.Asset.LocalAssetServicesConn
ector [ASSET CONNECTOR]: Can't load asset service

Any suggestions? - Thanks, Kevin

Re: Errors trying to use MySQL data with new

Kevin Buckley
I meant I copied the v067 built (/bin) directory to the place where I want
it.  Then I compared the original ini's with the v067 versions and amended
accordingly (using a fabulous programme called 'Beyond Compare' which I
highly recommend!).

I then used MySQL administrator GUI to take a .sql snapshot of my current
database, created a new empty database (opensimtest) and 'restored' the
snapshot to it (and changed the appropriate entries in the ini files to now
point at opensimtest) - so that the new v067 build will have all my old
inventories and assets (substantial!).

Surely, if I drop the tables from Opensimtest that will be like starting
from scratch with a world empty of assets?

Cheers, Kevin

Re: Errors trying to use MySQL data with new

cliveg
Hi Kevin

Yes you're right - you obviously need to keep the database tables if
you want to keep the assets

I upgraded an existing installation, complete with the original
database (not a copy), without any problems.

I'm just wondering if something has gone wrong for you whilst copying
the database?

Clive

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Kevin Buckley
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I meant I copied the v067 built (/bin) directory to the place where I want
> it.  Then I compared the original ini's with the v067 versions and amended
> accordingly (using a fabulous programme called 'Beyond Compare' which I
> highly recommend!).
>
> I then used MySQL administrator GUI to take a .sql snapshot of my current
> database, created a new empty database (opensimtest) and 'restored' the
> snapshot to it (and changed the appropriate entries in the ini files to now
> point at opensimtest) - so that the new v067 build will have all my old
> inventories and assets (substantial!).
>
> Surely, if I drop the tables from Opensimtest that will be like starting
> from scratch with a world empty of assets?
>
> Cheers, Kevin

I just ran the v067 build - but using the original MySQL database rather
than the opensimtest snapshot.  I didn't want to do this really in case it
compromised the assets I already have.

All seems to work OK though - so it's definitely related to the database
copy.

Surely, if I use the MySQL admin interface to backup existing data, create
new database, restore the backup into it and then point the ini's at the new
database that should be the same as pointing the ini's at the original
database?

Regards, Kevin

Change axis point

krishna.srikanth

When I create prim in opensim, the axis point (or center point or point where 3 axes meet) is in the center of the prim. How can i move that point to border or edge, so that i can write scripts for doors and windows?

Regards
Krishna
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Change axis point

Bob Wellman
Hi Krishna

To make a door create a cube prim with these sizes:
x= twice width of door
y= twice thickness of door
z= height of door

Next set Path Cut like this:
B=0.125
E=0.375

This now means the cut prim (door) is a quarter of the original prim and the whilst the axis is in the middle of the original prim it is now down the edge of the cut prim. Rotating the prim using a script will cause it to hinge around this edge axis. Doors are always hinged at one corner like this in RL so it will act like a RL door.

If I may give some advice here, I would say placing doors correctly is important too and often forgotten. Doors usually open into a room not outwards and are usually fixed to a door frame which is wider than the wall its in. The door is always less thick than the frame. The doors inside face should be flush with the face of the door facing the inside of the room with the axis/hinge of the door where the inside face of the door meets the door frame. This will mean the door opens naturally, whether you open it 90 degress or 180 degrees, without part of the door disappearing into the door frame or wall. When you are outside the room and the door is open 90 degrees you will see the doors edge. Compare that to RL and you will see it is correct. I guess this sounds picky but try it and you will see how much more satisying it is to see a door act like a RL door.

Hope this helps and happy door building... Bob

To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:29:14 +0530
Subject: [Opensim-users] Change axis point

Hi,

When I create prim in opensim, the axis point (or center point or point where 3 axes meet) is in the center of the prim. How can i move that point to border or edge, so that i can write scripts for doors and windows?

Regards
Krishna
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts. Find out how.

Re: Change axis point

Bob Wellman
Sorry for a typo. shoiuld have been.

"The doors inside face should be flush with the face of the door FRAME facing the inside of the room"

From: [hidden email]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:29:14 +0530

Hi,

When I create prim in opensim, the axis point (or center point or point where 3 axes meet) is in the center of the prim. How can i move that point to border or edge, so that i can write scripts for doors and windows?

Regards
Krishna
and any attachments. Thank you

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts. Find out how.

Add other email accounts to Hotmail in 3 easy steps. Find out how.