Re: Flailing Fix? (clive gould)

cliveg
Hi

Has anyone else tried the 0.6.7 post-fix to prevent flailing?

I'm not sure if I've installed it properly?

My avi is more stable (less likely to flail) when walking forward on
flat ground and then standing still.

However when walking backwards and then standing still flailing will
still sometimes occur.

If I press the PgDn key when stood still flailing quite often occurs.

Have a made a mistake with the upgrade or do other users who have
applied the post fix get the same results?

Thanks very much

Clive

Re: Flailing Fix? (clive gould)

justincc
clive gould wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone else tried the 0.6.7 post-fix to prevent flailing?
>
> I'm not sure if I've installed it properly?

Basically, if there's any change in behaviour at all then you can assume that
you've installed it properly, since it was only a one commit change.

> My avi is more stable (less likely to flail) when walking forward on
> flat ground and then standing still.
>
> However when walking backwards and then standing still flailing will
> still sometimes occur.
>
> If I press the PgDn key when stood still flailing quite often occurs.
>
> Have a made a mistake with the upgrade or do other users who have
> applied the post fix get the same results?

Feedback from others would be good.  What would also be good to try is see if
this issues also occurs in the latest trunk (though I remember you had issues
with it).

Justin Clark-Casey

Re: Flailing Fix? (clive gould)

Paul Fishwick
I have not seen any flailing but am using the latest (trunk) -- probably
no more than
a week old
-p

Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> clive gould wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Has anyone else tried the 0.6.7 post-fix to prevent flailing?
>>
>> I'm not sure if I've installed it properly?
>>

> Basically, if there's any change in behaviour at all then you can assume that
> you've installed it properly, since it was only a one commit change.
>

>> My avi is more stable (less likely to flail) when walking forward on
>> flat ground and then standing still.
>>
>> However when walking backwards and then standing still flailing will
>> still sometimes occur.
>>
>> If I press the PgDn key when stood still flailing quite often occurs.
>>
>> Have a made a mistake with the upgrade or do other users who have
>> applied the post fix get the same results?
>>

> Feedback from others would be good.  What would also be good to try is see if
> this issues also occurs in the latest trunk (though I remember you had issues
> with it).

Re: Flailing Fix? (clive gould)

cliveg
Hi everyone

The flailing avatar problem is now fixed for me in 0.6.7-post-fixes :)

It was my mistake that I didn't understand how to use git properly!

The git commands that eventually worked for me were:

[opensim@standbyvle git]$ git clone git://opensimulator.org/git/opensim
[opensim@standbyvle git]$ cd opensim
[opensim@standbyvle opensim]$ git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes
origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
[opensim@standbyvle opensim]$ git checkout origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
HEAD is now at a9da278... * Fix incorrect math on the Velocity check
in PhysicsCollisionUpdate. This may reduce avatar flailing.

I had initially missed out the last line, so I think I must have been
working with the version without Kittos fix installed!

Thanks for all the help and advice

Clive

Re: Flailing Fix? (clive gould)

justincc
clive gould wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> The flailing avatar problem is now fixed for me in 0.6.7-post-fixes :)
>
> It was my mistake that I didn't understand how to use git properly!
>
> The git commands that eventually worked for me were:
>
> [opensim@standbyvle git]$ git clone git://opensimulator.org/git/opensim
> [opensim@standbyvle git]$ cd opensim
> [opensim@standbyvle opensim]$ git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes
> origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
> [opensim@standbyvle opensim]$ git checkout origin/0.6.7-post-fixes
> HEAD is now at a9da278... * Fix incorrect math on the Velocity check
> in PhysicsCollisionUpdate. This may reduce avatar flailing.

I don't think that second checkout should have been necessary but I'm glad that
it has worked for you.

Best,

Justin Clark-Casey