Re: NAT Loopback Routers (Ferd Frederix)

Re: NAT Loopback Routers (Ferd Frederix)

Fred Beckhusen-2

re: What routers do folk use.

I am very happy with my Linksysy WRT1200AC.   It supports loopback fully with factory firmware, and has much greater wireless range than than others I have used.  The 1200AC is also Open-WRT compatible if you want to use open-source firmware.

One router I tried had loopback,  but the UDP buffer size was a tiny 1K.  This led to a lot of failed teleports. Another router would loopback from the server back to the server,  but was incapable of loopback between different ports on different IP's, so I was limited to a single server again.

Ferd Frederix aka Fred K. Beckhusen