Re: [Opensim-dev] Proposal: 2nd birthday parties + cleanup

Re: [Opensim-dev] Proposal: 2nd birthday parties + cleanup

Stefan Andersson
Excellent to hear that!

Basically, I was thinking this would be an excellent opportunity for each grid to further OpenSim and themselves by

* take the opprotunity to demo and publicize noteworthy services or content.
and/or
* set up what we call a 'hypergridded dmz storefront' - in effect, a public standalone region not connected to the main grid services.
and definitively
* blog about this joyous occasion, each telling their own OpenSim story.

This would allow each grid to participate in the hypergrid linkfest and birthday celebration club-hopping schemes without jeopardizing any of their content.

On the storefront, you could typically set some demo content up
* demoing your grid and what's going on there
* establishing a media parcel url going to a live voice feed so that you could hold voice demonstrations, dj sessions and panel discussions on topics relevant to your grid.
* some avatar appearance/merchandise items that you are ready to give to the public domain

This is a great opportunity to acquaint yourself with what it means to run a hypergrid region; and we hope to scare a bunch of ugly bugs out of their holes as a result.

Regardless,
If you're planning on doing anything for OpenSims second birthday, be sure to post it on

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Second_Birthday

If there is no heading suitable for your project, just make one - it's a wiki!

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB