Re: Opensim-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 64

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Opensim-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 64

m brane
I can't access the site from within the network (loopback issue?) with  
a client.  we also can not access the site from the Internet,

I've run things in administrator mode and that doesn't help.

btw, the non-32 bit server app crashes almost immedately. is that a 64  
bit app?



On Feb 26, 2009, at 5:00 AM, [hidden email]  
wrote:

> Send Opensim-users mailing list submissions to
>    [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>    https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>    [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>    [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Opensim-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: Vista 64? (Stefan Andersson)
>   2. Re: Vista 64? (Chris Hart)
>   3. Re: Vista 64? (Stefan Andersson)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:49:17 +0100
> From: Stefan Andersson <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
>
>
> Yeah, same thought occurred to me.
>
>
> Also, it sounds like it could be the nat loopback issue. How do you  
> mean 'not access it'? With a viewer? Or thru http?
>
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Andersson
> Tribal Media AB
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:45:46 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> No, just run as administrator ? however now we are on HttpServer.dll  
> shouldn?t this requirement vanish[?]
>
> Adam
>
>
>
>
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]
> ] On Behalf Of Stefan Andersson
> Sent: Thursday, 26 February 2009 1:45 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
> On Vista, I believe you have to disable the UAC for the http port to  
> be opened.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Andersson
> Tribal Media AB
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:58:41 -0500
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
> I'm running Vista 64 on a home desktop.  I've opened the appropriate  
> port on firewall and router.  We can ping the server from the  
> internet, but not access it.
>
>
>
> Has anybody been able to access Vista 64 installation of 32-bit  
> opensim?
>
>
>
> Note: it works well when its only on the one machine and the address  
> is set to 127.0.0.1
>
>
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-users/attachments/20090226/1824ba17/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:02:12 -0000
> From: "Chris Hart" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> I understood we removed the remoting code, hence the old 8895
> requirement has gone, but what about general region comms? Port 9000+?
> You need to open up ports on the root port number and for all other
> regions (as specified in region xml) for TCP and UDP traffic, right?  
> If
> this has changed completely and totally then please can someone  
> document
> it slightly? Otherwise I don't see how you can possibly put a server
> online - I route only those ports I need to my servers, so stuff like
> port 80 for web server, and, to date, ports in the range of 9000+ for
> region traffic for OpenSim etc.
>
>
>
> Or please tell me if I'm going mad J
>
>
>
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Stefan
> Andersson
> Sent: 26 February 2009 09:49
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
>
>
> Yeah, same thought occurred to me.
>
> Also, it sounds like it could be the nat loopback issue. How do you  
> mean
> 'not access it'? With a viewer? Or thru http?
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Andersson
> Tribal Media AB
>
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:45:46 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
> No, just run as administrator - however now we are on HttpServer.dll
> shouldn't this requirement vanish[?]
>
>
>
> Adam
>
>
>
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Stefan
> Andersson
> Sent: Thursday, 26 February 2009 1:45 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
>
>
> On Vista, I believe you have to disable the UAC for the http port to  
> be
> opened.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Andersson
> Tribal Media AB
>
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
>
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:58:41 -0500
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
> I'm running Vista 64 on a home desktop.  I've opened the appropriate
> port on firewall and router.  We can ping the server from the  
> internet,
> but not access it.
>
>
>
> Has anybody been able to access Vista 64 installation of 32-bit  
> opensim?
>
>
>
> Note: it works well when its only on the one machine and the address  
> is
> set to 127.0.0.1
>
>
>
>
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.3/1970 - Release Date:
> 02/25/09 06:40:00
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-users/attachments/20090226/b14e0985/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:00:01 +0100
> From: Stefan Andersson <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
>
>
> Chris,
>
>
>
> yes, you're right, the .NEt remoting code is gone, it's now http and  
> udp only.
>
>
>
> On Vista, if you used the .Net httplistener, it would crash if the  
> UAC was enabled, as setting up a httplistener was an elevated  
> privilegies operation.
>
> But as Adam stated, I think we are not using the .NEt httplistener  
> any longer, so I don't know what else could be worng, apart from the  
> ever-present Nat loopback issue.
>
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Andersson
> Tribal Media AB
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:02:12 +0000
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I understood we removed the remoting code, hence the old 8895  
> requirement has gone, but what about general region comms? Port  
> 9000+? You need to open up ports on the root port number and for all  
> other regions (as specified in region xml) for TCP and UDP traffic,  
> right? If this has changed completely and totally then please can  
> someone document it slightly? Otherwise I don?t see how you can  
> possibly put a server online ? I route only those ports I need to my  
> servers, so stuff like port 80 for web server, and, to date, ports  
> in the range of 9000+ for region traffic for OpenSim etc.
>
> Or please tell me if I?m going mad J
>
>
>
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]
> ] On Behalf Of Stefan Andersson
> Sent: 26 February 2009 09:49
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
> Yeah, same thought occurred to me.
>
> Also, it sounds like it could be the nat loopback issue. How do you  
> mean 'not access it'? With a viewer? Or thru http?
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Andersson
> Tribal Media AB
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:45:46 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
> No, just run as administrator ? however now we are on HttpServer.dll  
> shouldn?t this requirement vanish[?]
>
> Adam
>
>
>
>
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]
> ] On Behalf Of Stefan Andersson
> Sent: Thursday, 26 February 2009 1:45 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
> On Vista, I believe you have to disable the UAC for the http port to  
> be opened.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Andersson
> Tribal Media AB
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:58:41 -0500
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?
>
> I'm running Vista 64 on a home desktop.  I've opened the appropriate  
> port on firewall and router.  We can ping the server from the  
> internet, but not access it.
>
>
>
> Has anybody been able to access Vista 64 installation of 32-bit  
> opensim?
>
>
>
> Note: it works well when its only on the one machine and the address  
> is set to 127.0.0.1
>
>
>
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.3/1970 - Release Date: 02/25/09 06
> :40:00
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-users/attachments/20090226/b494463a/attachment.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
>
> End of Opensim-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 64
> *********************************************
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users