Re: Opensim-users Help: Another OpenSim crash

Re: Opensim-users Help: Another OpenSim crash

cliveg
Sorry

I've just found the following patch and am recompiling mono

Will let you know if this solves the issue

Thanks

Clive

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:20 AM, Clive Gould <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> Last week we encountered two errors with our standalone simulator:
>
> i) Certain existing users were being prevented from logging in and
> were receiving the message "Unable to create login request" from
> within the client. The problem turned out to be down to a bug in
> MySQL. This was solved by applying a fix within StandaloneCommon.ini
> which was to append the string Old Guids=true; to the end of BOTH
> ConnectionString lines.
>
> ii) With a lot of objects/scripts rezzed we encountered segmentation
> errors when shutting down the simulator. The solution was to upgrade
> the version of mono we were using to 2.10.2
>
> Yesterday afternoon  the simulator crashed (which it hasn't done for
> ages) and the error message in OpenSim.log is appended
>
> Could this be anything to do with the upgrade of mono or the changes
> to StandaloneCommon.ini?
>
> Any ideas welcomed please
>
> Thanks very much
>
> Clive
>

> 2012-02-28 16:13:19,743 INFO  -
> OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLClientView [CLIENT]: Got a
> logout request for Estate Manager in Bromley
> 2012-02-28 16:13:19,753 DEBUG -
> OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLClientView [CLIENT]: Close has
> been called for Estate Manager attached to scene Bromley
> 2012-02-28 16:13:19,754 DEBUG -
> OpenSim.Services.PresenceService.PresenceService [PRESENCE SERVICE]:
> Session 04760ca2-7a85-4bb9-98c7-c21c9cd1defd logout
> 2012-02-28 16:13:19,756 DEBUG -
> OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService.GridUserService [GRID USER
> SERVICE]: User 6a4f93c7-8500-40fc-9bfc-19c7e04deb80 is offline
> 2012-02-28 16:13:19,766 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene
> [SCENE]: Removing root agent 6a4f93c7-8500-40fc-9bfc-19c7e04deb80 from
> region Bromley
> 2012-02-28 16:13:51,661 ERROR - OpenSim.Application [APPLICATION]:
> APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs
>
> Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
> Parameter name: offset exceeds the size of buffer
>  at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead (System.Byte[] buffer,
> Int32 offset, Int32 size, System.AsyncCallback callback, System.Object
> state) [0x00000] in <filename unkno
> wn>:0
>  at HttpServer.HttpClientContext.OnReceive (IAsyncResult ar)
> [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
>
> Application is terminating: True

Re: Opensim-users Help: Another OpenSim crash

justincc
Whether it works or not, you just pushed me to actually submit this to mono.  I've put the link in the mantis so we can
see whether they accept it or not.

http://justincc.org/blog