Re: Permissions and common sense]

Diva Canto
[hidden email] wrote:

> How do I add a specific hypergrid user to the region ban / allow list?
>
> -mic
(Assuming the ban feature is working in general)
You can't do it via the viewer. At this point, you have to add them
directly to the database, the regionban table:

sqlite> .schema regionban
CREATE TABLE regionban(
               regionUUID varchar (255),
               bannedUUID varchar (255),
               bannedIp varchar (255),
               bannedIpHostMask varchar (255)
               );

You can get their UUID from the OpenSim.log.

Which calls for an obvious utility to be written for region admins....

Re: Permissions and common sense]

John Sheridan
I wonder if a facility such as this could be added to the UGAIM as well as standalone?  Aside from preventing a user to log in to the grid itself, it could as well serve as a centralized black-list for the regions on that grid.  Mainly I'm thinking that users entered into a grid-ban table on the UGAIM would be ignored by UUID and IP not only by all grid services but as well by the regions.  When a region connects to the grid it can fetch this list from the grid server and protect itself by flat out ignoring all requests from that IP and UUID.  If a region bearing that IP were to try and connect itself to the grid, it would be downright denied.

Thanks, :)
 - Orion Pseudo / John Sheridan