Re: Reverting from loaded OAR to own region in Sim-on-a-Stick (Dahlia Trimble)

Re: Reverting from loaded OAR to own region in Sim-on-a-Stick (Dahlia Trimble)

Ian S
Thanks for confirming what I feared, Dahlia - heh heh, traps for new players!  I hadn't gone very far with it so it was no huge loss, and now I have learned somewhat the hard way about backing up with an OAR my *own* work as I proceed!  My new 'build' (hardly worth calling it that yet!) has already got two OARs backed up   :)

Thank you for your prompt and effective reply!

On 15 February 2015 at 20:00, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sorry, but loading an OAR file normally wipes anything that was in the
region previously.  If you didn't save your previous build with the "save
oar" command, it's gone =(

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Ian S <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> My first post and a very new member so please forgive if I am on the wrong
> track in asking here, and please treat me educatively   :)
>
> I am starting to investigate the use of Sim on a Stick in a school
> setting.  I have started to make an elementary sim and then have been
> experimenting with some Creative Commons licensed OARs I downloaded.
>
> However,
> * I now cannot work out how to revert to my own sim.  I used the command
> "load oar..." to load the various OARs.  What command will revert me back
> to my own sim?*
> Any help or direction much appreciated.
>
> Ian @ Perth, Australia

Re: Reverting from loaded OAR to own region in Sim-on-a-Stick (Dahlia Trimble)

R.Gunther
Its not only lesson for opensim, its a lesson for all your data.
make backups to different seperate storage medium.