Re: Standalone, MySQL & creating new regions

Re: Standalone, MySQL & creating new regions

cliveg
Hi

Forgive me for asking a newbie question.

I want to use the latest 0.6.7 post fixes branch to fix the flailing
arms problem with 0.6.7

I have installed git under CentOS 5.3 and run the following commands
successfully:

[opensim@standbyvle git]$ git clone git://opensimulator.org/git/opensim
[opensim@standbyvle git]$ cd opensim
[opensim@standbyvle opensim]$ git checkout -b 0.6.7-post-fixes
origin/0.6.7-post-fixes

My question is:

Do I have to do anything else or can I now just go ahead and copy the
contents of the checked out directory /home/opensim/git/opensim and
will it have all the latest post fixes applied?

Thanks very much

Clive

Re: Standalone, MySQL & creating new regions

Benjamin Smekens
Hello Clive,

It will now have the correct code-branch checked out, so if you want to copy the un-compiled sources to another directory you can go ahead. If you want to compile the sources first type 'make' in the /home/opensim/git/opensim folder (or './runprebuild.sh' and after that is finished type 'nant' in the same directory).

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Ben