Re: Timezone Change

Stephen Sanner
I think UTC is a good median, but what is the real difference? Every
time zone is going to leave every other time zone out of wack. I don't
think it's really that important. The MOST important thing, I think is
keeping it the same across all sims. PST isn't my time zone either, but
I've had to convert to and from it enough by now, that it's easy enough.

Re: Timezone Change

Brad Henry
One handy thing about UTC is the lack of daylight savings time :)

Stephen Sanner wrote:

> I think UTC is a good median, but what is the real difference? Every
> time zone is going to leave every other time zone out of wack. I don't
> think it's really that important. The MOST important thing, I think is
> keeping it the same across all sims. PST isn't my time zone either, but
> I've had to convert to and from it enough by now, that it's easy enough.

Re: Timezone Change

Frank W Sweet
FWIW, UTC gets my vote also. Many of our study/discussion group
members are Euros, and our U.S.-residents are scattered from coast to
coast.

Frank W Sweet
Backintyme Publishing

Re: Timezone Change

Robert Klein
Worrying about the ruling timezone does not really impact the smaller implementations on a localized level in the short term, but looking down the proverbial road (2-5 years) we will definitely feel the pain. Many of us will be wanting to roll out business environments and applications to global audiences that are used to dealing with UTC. People hosting global conferences and events all use current applications that rely on UTC to some degree or other. Many people will be coming to the OpenSim metaverse first through these  events without ever having been to or through SL. We actually bumped into this issue when using SL but had to work around it since we had no other choice. I for one am happy we now have the choice to go beyond Linden Labs framework and begin standardizing in a truly open environment.

-Robert

Stephen Sanner wrote