Re: Topic: SSL Opensimulator GNU/Linux (Karen Palen)

Re: Topic: SSL Opensimulator GNU/Linux (Karen Palen)

tymail@frontiernet.net
Hi Karen,

Thank you much. I must clarify, I use SSL for many things, pages,
stunneling ports, etc.. I'm looking for information as to if opensim
will work with Linux and SSL socket/certs correctly, the ini is vague as
to the configuration, and states that it works on windows. And from what
I understand you cannot encrypt udp via ssl. If there is no problem
having the tcp connections work with 443/certs, the question is how to
implement the opensimulator end of configuration without resorting to
stunneling the ports and connections through certs. The
certificate/linux end of it itself is no issue. Just the configuration
options, whether it works for opensim/linux is needed, maybe a how to
for better securing what we have already... anyone?

Thank you,
--rjs