Re: Zoom in opensim

Patricia F Anderson
A friend had these thoughts:

"the problem is most open sim server code is shipped "80%" complete and
everyone tried to add stuff they miss from SL

I believe zoom uses port 445 and if the open sim software has this blocked
for security reasons zoom may not work"

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 5:11 PM Dr Ramesh Ramloll <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hey there,
> I tried zoom on a MOAP page in the various versions of opensim including
> the latest one, but the in world browser cannot handle it. Any ideas or
> tips for getting zoom to work in world?
> Thanks
> Ramesh
> --
> 'Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin.'
> *Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Landisville, PA;
> Affiliate *Research Associate Professor*, Idaho State University,
> Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>

Patricia F. Anderson, [hidden email]
Emerging Technologies Informationist
University of Michigan
http://www.lib.umich.edu/users/pfa
Pronouns: she, her, hers

Re: Zoom in opensim

Diva Canto
FYI, Zoom works in the inworld browser, at least in Firestorm, with the
obvious limitations: it can't access the microphone and the camera, but
it shows the video, the screen shares, and you can chat. And if you join
by phone, you can have audio too. So, almost fully functional. Picture
attached.

This is almost entirely a client-side feature, not server side, so it
has nothing to do with OpenSim vs. Second Life. All the server does is
send the current URL and prim properties to all viewers that connect to
the region.