Re freebies/suitcase

12

Re freebies/suitcase

Jigs
Karen Palen wrote

 Recently I visited OSGrid by Hypergrid from my private sim and obtained
 several freebie items. They were placed in My Suitcase, and it seems
 that I can only copy the ones with copy permission when I return to my
 home grid! Worse yet, I am unable to delete anything from the folder.

 Is this intended?

 How SHOULD one visit a foreign grid and obtain/purchase things?
 Karen
==========

I don't know about a suitcase, but when I have HG tp'd to other grids and
brought back freebies to use on my sims, some make it just fine some dont
and error with an "object not found", it's neither consistant nor makes
any sense, it seems to happen at random. I believe it might have to do
with the version OS run on the "foreign" grid, Boba Solo said I could take
copies of whatever I wished on his sims and I took copies of  abunch of
items to get started with, they all appeared in inventory but soon as I tp
back home they vanished- ALL of them.
I  tried attaching and wearing items and even that didn't work.

Boba even tried personally handing me things on LBSA plaza and was unable
to, it was as though the items didnt exist except by name.
It wasn't till after he soon updated to the next newer version of OS that
taking copies and having them materialize on my sims actually WORKED. I
believe he had 0.7.1 or maybe 0.6.9 back then (around May)
It could be a communicaiton issue between the "foreign" server's asset db
and you not connecting right.

Maybe it would take connection a region TO osgrid, and taking the items
back, rezzing them and making an oar.

See me (Timber Wolfe)  in osgrid sometime and maybe I can try grabbing a
couple of the rogue items you cant get, and see if they come back with me
as a test.

Timber
http://www.westernPrairie.net
Osgrid

Re: Re freebies/suitcase

lppallew
Thanks, Timber.

Maybe I'll catch you on osgrid sometime. For now, and I know this is dangerous, I have been just changing the folder GUID in the database to get the item out of suitcase and into Objects.

Wayne

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Jigs <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
This might sound odd but it was recommended to me by a person on a grid I was visiting to unpack all boxes on the grid they were made in and then to attach complex items to my avatar and then detach them when I got back to the other grid. Seems his experience was things travelled better attached to the avatar than in the inventory. I don't know how well it works as I have only ever tried the unpacking boxes before I head home part and then only once or twice. I can't explain why this may work technically but it might help.
Lindy

Odd "friend" appears in FL cant get rid of

Jigs

I've noticed an error in my console a number of times lately about a
friend I never friended;

[hidden email]:8002

I scanned my FL (in OSgrid) and find no such person, then the other day I
noticed this name in my FL suddenly appeared, so I removed him.
But later after relogging, his name I soon discovered returned again.
So now I looked at it and the first 2 check boxes were checked, so I
UNchecked them, once I did that I couldn't even select the name any more.
I had to recheck the 2 boxes in order to be able to select the name int he
list and check profile etc.
I just removed him again, cleared cache and restarted, in my console I see
the error again 3 times;

[FRIENDS]: Error parsing friend ID (his UUID here)
;http://grid.ngrid.org:8002/;Erdbeermund.Schnute;06880c91

Any idea what this is about?

Timber
http://www.WesternPrairie.net
OSgrid

Re: Re freebies/suitcase

Miller, Peter

I've had a similar experience on FleepGrid, i.e. full perms items intended for student use are best unpacked there and transferred to your inventory. Otherwise they're no longer full perms on return to your home grid.

Best wishes

Peter

Re: Re freebies/suitcase

Fleep Tuque
Which is unfortunate since I fully intend all the content to be freely available and full permissions and as far as I can tell the permissions are set that way on FleepGrid...

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Miller, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've had a similar experience on FleepGrid, i.e. full perms items intended for student use are best unpacked there and transferred to your inventory. Otherwise they're no longer full perms on return to your home grid.

Best wishes

Peter

Re: Re freebies/suitcase

justincc
It would be good to raise a Mantis about this with the exact steps to reproduce if one doesn't already exist.  It's
almost certainly not something that I'm going to get a chance to look at in the short term, but at least it will be in
the bug tracker where someone else could take a look, such as Diva when she is around again.

On 30/11/11 13:02, Fleep Tuque wrote:

> Which is unfortunate since I fully intend all the content to be freely available and full permissions and as far as I
> can tell the permissions are set that way on FleepGrid...
>
> - Chris/Fleep
>
> Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
> Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
> UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
> University of Cincinnati
> 406A Zimmer Hall
> 315 College Drive
> PO BOX 210088
> Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> (513) 556-3018
>
> http://ucsim.uc.edu
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Miller, Peter <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I've had a similar experience on FleepGrid, i.e. full perms items intended for student use are best unpacked there
>     and transferred to your inventory. Otherwise they're no longer full perms on return to your home grid.
>
>     Best wishes
>
>     Peter
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: Hypergrid

Jigs-2
I noticed at least a couple or three mantis reports included the name of
someone I am trying to learn more about and what they are in my regions;

Sweet.JaneX

AKA:

Sweet.JaneX@204.236.242.209
[hidden email]

 I wanted to find out what this individual from infinite grid (she/he has an
 @infinitegrid in their user name) is doing on my regions and why this
 individual (if its not  a bot) sees me and teleports away suddenly,
avoids every attempted contact via IM or local chat and NC to inquire
what they want on my regions. This avatar
 comes to my regions and just STANDS there as though they are running a
 copybot or something, very suspicious behavior that has been going on
since last summer.

I had HG turned OFF for the last few weeks, I turned it back on last night
around 3 AM and at  6:56 AM the logs show this avatar landed on my region!

From this morning;

 [06:56 AM]  IM: 128.128 NM: Sweet.JaneX @204.236.242.209 entered New
 Mexico.

 Apparently bans do not work over the HG at all for an individual, "sweet
janeX" is in my estate ban list but theres no way to enter the HG version
(appears to have an acct on OSgrid too) The ip ban script given to me was
set up for this ip, but it did not record any action against this avatar
this morning.

In googling this name as

 "sweet.janex" +opensim

 I found several mantis reports that included this name in the crash logs
and others, I am suspecting some kind of bot now, suddenly showing up
within hours of turning the HG in the ini back on smacks an awful lot
like some scripted bot is monitoring something, either my specific
regions or OSgrid itself, either way I'm finding the behaviour of this
disturbing and of concern.

Timber Wolfe
OSgrid

Re: Hypergrid

Shaun T. Erickson
If you have a hypergates from the hypergates.com, then you will get regular visits from her. She checks the status of the gate and the region it's in. Yes, she's a bot.

-ste

On Dec 15, 2011, at 8:22 PM, "Jigs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I noticed at least a couple or three mantis reports included the name of
> someone I am trying to learn more about and what they are in my regions;
>
> Sweet.JaneX
>
> AKA:
>
> Sweet.JaneX@204.236.242.209
> [hidden email]
>
> I wanted to find out what this individual from infinite grid (she/he has an
> @infinitegrid in their user name) is doing on my regions and why this
> individual (if its not  a bot) sees me and teleports away suddenly,
> avoids every attempted contact via IM or local chat and NC to inquire
> what they want on my regions. This avatar
> comes to my regions and just STANDS there as though they are running a
> copybot or something, very suspicious behavior that has been going on
> since last summer.
>
> I had HG turned OFF for the last few weeks, I turned it back on last night
> around 3 AM and at  6:56 AM the logs show this avatar landed on my region!
>

> From this morning;
>
> [06:56 AM]  IM: 128.128 NM: Sweet.JaneX @204.236.242.209 entered New
> Mexico.
>
> Apparently bans do not work over the HG at all for an individual, "sweet
> janeX" is in my estate ban list but theres no way to enter the HG version
> (appears to have an acct on OSgrid too) The ip ban script given to me was
> set up for this ip, but it did not record any action against this avatar
> this morning.
>
> In googling this name as
>
> "sweet.janex" +opensim
>
> I found several mantis reports that included this name in the crash logs
> and others, I am suspecting some kind of bot now, suddenly showing up
> within hours of turning the HG in the ini back on smacks an awful lot
> like some scripted bot is monitoring something, either my specific
> regions or OSgrid itself, either way I'm finding the behaviour of this
> disturbing and of concern.
>
> Timber Wolfe
> OSgrid

Re: Hypergrid

Vanish-2
Sweet.JaneX is the bot of the hypergate network
(http://thehypergates.com/). It checks if the hypergated regions are up.

> I noticed at least a couple or three mantis reports included the name of
> someone I am trying to learn more about and what they are in my regions;
>
> Sweet.JaneX
>
> AKA:
>
> Sweet.JaneX@204.236.242.209
> [hidden email]
>
>  I wanted to find out what this individual from infinite grid (she/he
> has an
>  @infinitegrid in their user name) is doing on my regions and why this
>  individual (if its not  a bot) sees me and teleports away suddenly,
> avoids every attempted contact via IM or local chat and NC to inquire
> what they want on my regions. This avatar
>  comes to my regions and just STANDS there as though they are running a
>  copybot or something, very suspicious behavior that has been going on
> since last summer.
>
> I had HG turned OFF for the last few weeks, I turned it back on last
> night
> around 3 AM and at  6:56 AM the logs show this avatar landed on my
> region!
>

> From this morning;
>
>  [06:56 AM]  IM: 128.128 NM: Sweet.JaneX @204.236.242.209 entered New
>  Mexico.
>
>  Apparently bans do not work over the HG at all for an individual, "sweet
> janeX" is in my estate ban list but theres no way to enter the HG version
> (appears to have an acct on OSgrid too) The ip ban script given to me was
> set up for this ip, but it did not record any action against this avatar
> this morning.
>
> In googling this name as
>
>  "sweet.janex" +opensim
>
>  I found several mantis reports that included this name in the crash logs
> and others, I am suspecting some kind of bot now, suddenly showing up
> within hours of turning the HG in the ini back on smacks an awful lot
> like some scripted bot is monitoring something, either my specific
> regions or OSgrid itself, either way I'm finding the behaviour of this
> disturbing and of concern.
>
> Timber Wolfe
> OSgrid

The Twilight’s Green Illuminate Beam,
This Great ImBalance, that I’ve seen,
That Trees Got Icy Branches and,
The Good In Bad, That God I’ve Been.

http://tgib.co.uk/

Re: Hypergrid

Gary Banham
Then I'm Glad the bot comes to my grid
Gary

> I noticed at least a couple or three mantis reports included the name
> of someone I am trying to learn more about and what they are in my
> regions;
>
> Sweet.JaneX
>
> AKA:
>
> Sweet.JaneX@204.236.242.209
> [hidden email]
>
>  I wanted to find out what this individual from infinite grid (she/he
> has an  @infinitegrid in their user name) is doing on my regions and
> why this  individual (if its not  a bot) sees me and teleports away
> suddenly, avoids every attempted contact via IM or local chat and NC
> to inquire what they want on my regions. This avatar  comes to my
> regions and just STANDS there as though they are running a  copybot or
> something, very suspicious behavior that has been going on since last
> summer.
>
> I had HG turned OFF for the last few weeks, I turned it back on last
> night around 3 AM and at  6:56 AM the logs show this avatar landed on
> my region!
>

> From this morning;
>
>  [06:56 AM]  IM: 128.128 NM: Sweet.JaneX @204.236.242.209 entered New
> Mexico.
>
>  Apparently bans do not work over the HG at all for an individual,
> "sweet janeX" is in my estate ban list but theres no way to enter the
> HG version (appears to have an acct on OSgrid too) The ip ban script
> given to me was set up for this ip, but it did not record any action
> against this avatar this morning.
>
> In googling this name as
>
>  "sweet.janex" +opensim
>
>  I found several mantis reports that included this name in the crash
> logs and others, I am suspecting some kind of bot now, suddenly
> showing up within hours of turning the HG in the ini back on smacks an
> awful lot like some scripted bot is monitoring something, either my
> specific regions or OSgrid itself, either way I'm finding the
> behaviour of this disturbing and of concern.
>
> Timber Wolfe
> OSgrid

The Twilight’s Green Illuminate Beam,
This Great ImBalance, that I’ve seen,
That Trees Got Icy Branches and,
The Good In Bad, That God I’ve Been.

http://tgib.co.uk/

Re: Hypergrid

Jigs-2
"Sweet.JaneX is the bot of the hypergate network
(http://thehypergates.com/). It checks if the hypergated regions are up."

Well that was a good find and explanation, thanks Vanish. Sure would have
been nice if they named it other than something that sounds a lot like
porn related, with something more descriptive like; hypergates.bot, would
have saved a whole lotta trouble!

Re: Hypergrid

Shaun T. Erickson
Actually, kiddpiko had told me, more than a year ago, as I recall, when I figured out what it was, to not tell anyone. No idea why, but I think it's silly to keep people in the dark. So, if asked, I've always said what it is.

-ste

From: Shaun Erickson <[hidden email]>

"Actually, kiddpiko had told me, more than a year ago, as I recall, when I
figured out what it was, to not tell anyone. No idea why, but I think it's
silly to keep people in the dark."

I see, I did eventually peg it for some kind of bot, but with unknown
intentions. Now you and hopefully hypergates see the negative results of
doing this.
I'm not a "paranoid" type but having owned regions in SL and dealt with
many griefer types and script kiddies, I do tend to carry over the
"guardiness" connected to seeing avatars from a foreign grid with strange
names- either griefy sounding ( iKi11U@ll  would be a good example) or a
pornstar sounding name- lets face it, a name like Sweet.JaneX has a
definite ring to it in that direction... landing on my regions repeatedly
over months, doing odd things, and then vanishing at every attempt to make
contact.

Hopefully they will change this after reading my email about this.

I reactivated the HG ability in one instance, but not the gate itself, at
least at this time.

Re: Hypergrid

M.E. Verhagen
You banned a bot avatar wich apparently is doing nothing ?

Yeah imagine that the bot has strange intensions. Could but true.

In fact a hypergrid enabled grid has an open door, that means they can hypergrid to your grid withouth having an account on your grid.
But no one i forcing you to enabling the hg. You could disable it so that no bad bots can enter your grid withouth having an account on your sim.

Op vrijdag 16 december 2011 schreef Jigs ([hidden email]) het volgende:
> From: Shaun Erickson <[hidden email]>
>
> "Actually, kiddpiko had told me, more than a year ago, as I recall, when I
> figured out what it was, to not tell anyone. No idea why, but I think it's
> silly to keep people in the dark."
>
> I see, I did eventually peg it for some kind of bot, but with unknown
> intentions. Now you and hopefully hypergates see the negative results of
> doing this.
> I'm not a "paranoid" type but having owned regions in SL and dealt with
> many griefer types and script kiddies, I do tend to carry over the
> "guardiness" connected to seeing avatars from a foreign grid with strange
> names- either griefy sounding ( iKi11U@ll  would be a good example) or a
> pornstar sounding name- lets face it, a name like Sweet.JaneX has a
> definite ring to it in that direction... landing on my regions repeatedly
> over months, doing odd things, and then vanishing at every attempt to make
> contact.
>
> Hopefully they will change this after reading my email about this.
>
> I reactivated the HG ability in one instance, but not the gate itself, at
> least at this time.

Re: Hypergrid

Jigs-2
 "M.E. Verhagen" <[hidden email]>

"You banned a bot avatar wich apparently is doing nothing ?"

I had no idea it WAS a bot till yesterday, and even then I only suspected
it was a bot due to it's landing on my region not 3 hours after turning HG
back on from being disabled more than 3 weeks, and then TP'ing out as soon
as I moved.

"Yeah imagine that the bot has strange intensions. Could but true."

Like I said, I assumed since last May that this was a PERSON and their
actions were very odd. It has a profile on OSgrid as "Sweet JaneX" and the
profile is mostly empty except for this: "free land for real builders."
So again, it appeared to be a registered user on OSgrid, yet it originated
from a HG origin as "[hidden email]" and then the domain
name changed to an ip address recently, which in my mind suggests someone
trying to avoid a ban on the domain name by changing to a different host
using a different IP.

"In fact a hypergrid enabled grid has an open door, that means they can
hypergrid to your grid withouth having an account on your grid."

I don't care if someone has an account on the grid or not, my regions are
public access, the only thing that concerned me about THIS user was the
very strange behaviour since May on my regions and specifically going out
of it's way to avoid any and all contact with me.
A normal user would land near you on your region, certainly notice you are
standing there, and when you say "hello, welcome" you'd expect they would
say something like "hi, thank you," or something.

"But no one i forcing you to enabling the hg. You could disable it so that
no bad bots can enter your grid withouth having an account on your sim."

I think you meant "grid", my sims dont issue accounts, the grid does.
HG increases traffic, usually in a good way, but having ->four<- gates
with no description of any kind of them, on a foreign grid's landing sim
all sending random traffic- (a number wearing scripted genitals and sex
huds) to a PG rated EDU region looking for clothing and adult things, is a
total waste.

This was the only bot I've seen, and it turned out to not be an avatar
with bad or suspect intentions, or a bad bot either.

Re: Hypergrid

core
The proper etiquette in this situation would have been to clearly
identify a bot that slinks about the hypergrid through gates provided BY
the bot's creator as 'friendly' - and make this fact and the bot's
intentions/purpose publicly known.  It's the sort of transparency that
is inherent in OpenSim's basic design (and philosophy) and should be
understood and embraced by the larger development community.

For the properly paranoid - rather than disabling hypergrid , remove the
gate.  No more spybot.  The 'hurry, everyone barricade the doors and
shutter the windows' approach is archaic and counterproductive.  Just
keep things open and up front as they should be and we'll move forward
faster.

- core/jason

On 12/16/2011 5:16 PM, M.E. Verhagen wrote:

> You banned a bot avatar wich apparently is doing nothing ?
>
> Yeah imagine that the bot has strange intensions. Could but true.
>
> In fact a hypergrid enabled grid has an open door, that means they can
> hypergrid to your grid withouth having an account on your grid.
> But no one i forcing you to enabling the hg. You could disable it so
> that no bad bots can enter your grid withouth having an account on
> your sim.
>

> Op vrijdag 16 december 2011 schreef Jigs ([hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>) het volgende:
> > From: Shaun Erickson <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> >
> > "Actually, kiddpiko had told me, more than a year ago, as I recall,
> when I
> > figured out what it was, to not tell anyone. No idea why, but I
> think it's
> > silly to keep people in the dark."
> >
> > I see, I did eventually peg it for some kind of bot, but with unknown
> > intentions. Now you and hopefully hypergates see the negative results of
> > doing this.
> > I'm not a "paranoid" type but having owned regions in SL and dealt with
> > many griefer types and script kiddies, I do tend to carry over the
> > "guardiness" connected to seeing avatars from a foreign grid with
> strange
> > names- either griefy sounding ( iKi11U@ll  would be a good example) or a
> > pornstar sounding name- lets face it, a name like Sweet.JaneX has a
> > definite ring to it in that direction... landing on my regions
> repeatedly
> > over months, doing odd things, and then vanishing at every attempt
> to make
> > contact.
> >
> > Hopefully they will change this after reading my email about this.
> >
> > I reactivated the HG ability in one instance, but not the gate
> itself, at
> > least at this time.

Re: Hypergrid

M.E. Verhagen
Maybe the AllowedClients and DeniedClients can help you keeping bots from your grid ?

And offcouse you are the one who sets the rules on your grid.

It is hard to determine the rules before you tp to a grid though, and the hg is an open thing. Can't blame others for having other interests and looking for things wich are not there.

I would just place a sign next to the hypergate wich states the rules so that the people looking for clothing and adult things know they are on the wrong place, and they can hg to the next grid.

Re: Hypergrid

drwhiet@spacefriends.de

Dont judge a avatar by it`s name ..  btw.. was she naked ?

best regards,
Wordfromthe Wise

The proper etiquette in this situation would have been to clearly identify a
bot that slinks about the hypergrid through gates provided BY the bot's
creator as 'friendly' - and make this fact and the bot's intentions/purpose
publicly known.  It's the sort of transparency that is inherent in OpenSim's
basic design (and philosophy) and should be understood and embraced by the
larger development community.

For the properly paranoid - rather than disabling hypergrid , remove the
gate.  No more spybot.  The 'hurry, everyone barricade the doors and shutter
the windows' approach is archaic and counterproductive.  Just keep things
open and up front as they should be and we'll move forward faster.

- core/jason

On 12/16/2011 5:16 PM, M.E. Verhagen wrote:

> You banned a bot avatar wich apparently is doing nothing ?
>
> Yeah imagine that the bot has strange intensions. Could but true.
>
> In fact a hypergrid enabled grid has an open door, that means they can
> hypergrid to your grid withouth having an account on your grid.
> But no one i forcing you to enabling the hg. You could disable it so
> that no bad bots can enter your grid withouth having an account on
> your sim.
>

> Op vrijdag 16 december 2011 schreef Jigs ([hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>) het volgende:
> > From: Shaun Erickson <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> >
> > "Actually, kiddpiko had told me, more than a year ago, as I recall,
> when I
> > figured out what it was, to not tell anyone. No idea why, but I
> think it's
> > silly to keep people in the dark."
> >
> > I see, I did eventually peg it for some kind of bot, but with
> > unknown intentions. Now you and hopefully hypergates see the
> > negative results of doing this.
> > I'm not a "paranoid" type but having owned regions in SL and dealt
> > with many griefer types and script kiddies, I do tend to carry over
> > the "guardiness" connected to seeing avatars from a foreign grid
> > with
> strange
> > names- either griefy sounding ( iKi11U@ll  would be a good example)
> > or a pornstar sounding name- lets face it, a name like Sweet.JaneX
> > has a definite ring to it in that direction... landing on my regions
> repeatedly
> > over months, doing odd things, and then vanishing at every attempt
> to make
> > contact.
> >
> > Hopefully they will change this after reading my email about this.
> >
> > I reactivated the HG ability in one instance, but not the gate
> itself, at
> > least at this time.

Re: Hypergrid

Jigs-2
From: core <[hidden email]>

"The proper etiquette in this situation would have been to clearly
identify a bot that"

Totally agree, and hopefully the bot's owners will respond to my email
with a change in that direction.

"rather than disabling hypergrid , remove the gate.  No more spybot."

I had NO idea the gate was in any way involved with this at all, it never
occurred to me because of two reasons- I assumed since May this was a
PERSON, absolutely nothing indicated to me  till just the other day. The
other because HG does not require a HG gate at all, I had a HG gate out in
part for ME to use, but also to have my regions listed in the hypergates
index where there was a description about the region.

 " The 'hurry, everyone barricade the doors and shutter the windows'
approach is archaic and counterproductive. "

I'm not sure where that's coming from, this was not a panic/hurry and shut
the door thing, it has been going on since May- seven months. I really
don't know what else a region owner can do that I hadn't already done-
multiple IM's and local chats on multiple occasions brought no responses,
HG TP to the apparent origination point- infinitegrid, finding the profile
there, sending an IM and NC directly (as they don't seem to cross the HG)
also brought no responses.

Sending an IM and NC to the admin there twice in-world about the four
gates and that account, brought no response of any kind.  I was able to
physically move the four gates up into the sky out of view which stopped
the errant traffic, and I IM'd the gate owner (assume the grid admin or
staff) about that action and why I moved them, no response to that either.

I posted on the OSgrid forum in November about this in the  thread:

 "Re: Why are people disabling HG?"

and that also brought no response.

Someone else on the forum posted about this user as well, it was explained
the HG visitor was probably taking freebies, but nothing about this
Sweet.JaneX@;

"who is infinitegrid.org and why are they d/l my assets"

Then last week I finally decided to do some more legwork on this and that
started with  googling the name, finding a bunch of mantis reports which
included crash errors and more- all having that account involved in the
logs, then posting here about it, and emailing the infinitegrid's ADMIN
contact from their web site about the gates and this user.
That brought a rather tart response in the tone of "how DARE I even have
the audacity to ask about a copybot as a possibility"

From: marceled9@

"Maybe the AllowedClients and DeniedClients can help you keeping bots from
your grid?
And offcouse you are the one who sets the rules on your grid."

I have no idea how to use those, and this bot was deliberately set up as a
user account with a profile that was at least partially filled out, it
said "free land for real builders" in the profile, the rest blank, but
then that's pretty common- seems hardly anyone ever fills them out, or
very minimally if they do.

"It is hard to determine the rules before you tp to a grid though, and the
hg is an open thing. Can't blame others for having other interests and
looking for things wich are not there."

Exactly, and that would be the responsibility of the person who set the
gates out on the city of doors' landing plaza- to include some kind of
descriptions. The destination region owners cant do that- the gates were
on someone else's grid and totally under their control, and as I
mentioned- they never responded to anything till the other day when I sent
an actual email through their infinitegrid web site contact. Sure can't
blame the visitors for  walking thru unmarked gates to see what's there, I
was polite and welcoming to those I happened to have contact with, but
clearly they found themselves on the wrong region.

"I would just place a sign next to the hypergate wich states the rules so
that the people looking for clothing and adult things know they are on the
wrong place,"

That would have been perfect, if the infinitegrid's gate owner had done
something like that. I only had a HG on one region, mostly for me to use,
the four gates on the other grid directed people to three of my regions
and those didn't have gates on them.

For some reason those HG visitors always seemed to land at 128,128 despite
having a set landing point and information set out at the LP area.
Some visitors land at the 128,128 center and others land at the set LP, I
assume it has to do with whether someone used a LM,  or used the map
instead.

--
http://www.westernprairies.net

12