Re freebies/suitcase

12

Re: Hypergrid

M.E. Verhagen

"Maybe the AllowedClients and DeniedClients can help you keeping bots from
your grid?

Bots rarely use a regular viewer.
In the robust.hg.ini or the robust.ini you can set the allowed and disallowed clients.

You can find out wich viewer the bots are using in the Robust.log file, add the channel to the DeniedClients line. Do not forget to remove the ';' before the DeniedClients line.

From the robust.hg.ini file:

    ;; Regular expressions for controlling which client versions are accepted/denied.
    ;; An empty string means nothing is checked.
    ;;
    ;; Example 1: allow only these 3 types of clients (any version of them)
    ;; AllowedClients = "Imprudence|Hippo|Second Life"
    ;;
    ;; Example 2: allow all clients except these
    ;; DeniedClients = "Twisted|Crawler|Cryolife|FuckLife|StreetLife|GreenLife|AntiLife|KORE-Phaze|Synlyfe|Purple Second Life|SecondLi |Emerald"
    ;;
    ;; Note that these are regular expressions, so every character counts.
    ;; Also note that this is very weak security and should not be trusted as a reliable means
    ;; for keeping bad clients out; modified clients can fake their identifiers.
    ;;
    ;;
    ;AllowedClients = ""
    ;DeniedClients = ""

Re: Hypergrid

Jigs-2

From: "M.E. Verhagen" marceled9

"Maybe the AllowedClients and DeniedClients can help you keeping bots from
your grid?

Bots rarely use a regular viewer.
In the robust.hg.ini or the robust.ini you can set the allowed and
disallowed clients.

You can find out wich viewer the bots are using in the Robust.log file,
add the channel to the DeniedClients line. Do not forget to remove the ';'
before the DeniedClients line.

From the robust.hg.ini file:"

That sounds like useful info for someone running a grid, pretty sure I
mentioned earlier, that I dont run a grid and have nothing to do with log
ins or account creations.  I run six regions CONNECTED to a grid, so the
robust on my server at home is apparantly not used since Im using the
grid.hypergrid.ini on one instance and grid.ini on the other, and there is
no robust log file generated, or at least none a search of the drive
shows.

OSgrid is the one who provides the background services for accounts,
logging in and inventory, I just connect to it.

Re: Hypergrid

M.E. Verhagen
You could try contacting the osgrid support, they seem to have a contact page at:
http://www.osgrid.org/index.php/contact

From: "M.E. Verhagen" marceled9

"You could try contacting the osgrid support, they seem to have a contact
page at:"

No, thanks, I see the admins there almost daily, this is not their problem
and I'm not going to bother them with it, the entire thing has been
RESOLVED,finished, and ended, there is NO problem.

Re: Hypergrid

Slavin, Simon

On 17 Dec 2011, at 12:00am, Jigs wrote:

> "Sweet JaneX"

I agree with Jigs that this name is somewhat of a red flag.  I work for the government which means that any suspicion that I'm doing porn-related things at work leads to a world of suspicion and form-filling.  I might ban a girl's name with 'sweet' or 'candy' on sight and just wait for a complaint if this annoys someone.  My understanding was that the bot didn't respond to chat and had no contact details on its card.  How is an admin supposed to investigate it ?

A better name for the bot would be good.  Ideally one which explained what it did, but even something like "Jane Bot" that didn't sound like marriage-spam or porn-spam would help.

Simon.
12