Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

12

Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

Fleep Tuque
Well, I finally got a chance to give your bundled services a whirl on FleepGrid and everything installed perfectly!!  As far as I can see from my testing, all four modules are now working like a charm with no problems at all.

I tried to make extensive notes in case it might help with the complete instructions since my webserver is IIS instead of Apache, but generally speaking I followed your QUICK_SETUP.txt guide to the letter and had not a single hitch.  I am absolutely thrilled!

FleepGrid Changlog notes at:  http://fleep.wikispaces.com/FleepGrid

Thank so you much, Jason, this is a great contribution to the community and about a million times easier than trying to install Xoopensim or each module individually.  I look forward to hearing the experiences of others who give it a try and happy to help with documentation, or proofing, or whatever might be needed.  Feel free to grab anything from my change log notes if that's helpful at all.

Warmest regards,

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513)556-3018

http://www.uc.edu/ucit/learningtools/secondlife.html

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Fleep Tuque <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jason - you rock my world.  :)   Thank you!  I look forward to giving it a whirl on IIS and will be happy to help document the process however I can.  Trying to get these modules to work has been the single most frustrating experience of all my Opensim work thus far, here's to hoping you've just made the process a lot simpler for everyone!

Warmest regards,

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088

http://www.uc.edu/ucit/learningtools/secondlife.html

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Core (mimetic.core) <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm posting a link to a preliminary version of my OpenSim services 'care package'.  To recap, it contains everything needed to (manually) install Groups, Profiles, Search and Offline Messages using a single database and is assembled from existing modules that seem to work the best under most conditions.  It's not 100% complete as far as detailed instructions go (which I'm working on) and I still haven't tested it under IIS or on a MAC (which I'm also working on), but there's a quickstart guide and all the necessary files are included.  All comments, corrections and contributions are welcome and desired.  Hopefully someone will find this useful :)

The file is named 'Opensim_Services.zip' - there's also a checksum/virus scan log for the properly paranoid...

http://public.odosys.net/files/opensim/os_modules/

- Core/Jason
- [hidden email]

Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

core
i'm happy to hear it worked well for you and subsequently made your life just a bit easier.  that was/is the whole point of this small project (and hopefully more to come).  i greatly appreciate the time you took to make notations - your approach to documentation of the experience (via the FleepGrid update notes) is also a great contribution.

i'm now reducing the entire bundle to a single php folder with 1 common config file and a cute little video tutoral ;)  less is more, easier is better.  amen.

- Core/Jason

On 11/19/2011 12:59 PM, Fleep Tuque wrote:
[...]

<a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%28513%29556-3018" value="+15135563018" target="_blank">(513)556-3018

[...]

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

Gwyneth Llewelyn
Hi Mimetic & Fleep,

I've finally given your package a try, after losing nights of sleep
getting the individual modules a try.

First, I would like to thank you very much for all your work. For
anyone who wishes to give the external services a try, the fundamental
thing is the readme file you've assembled together — because it
explains *all* necessary steps. The wiki and the individual readme
files are simply incomplete. There are far more steps which I hadn't
found described anywhere. Just for that, the package is worth all
trouble :)

Groups work flawlessly. But as a matter of fact, they always worked.

Offline IMs finally work! I'm not sure if this is supposed to work for
Group Chat IMs as well. And from the code, I'm assuming that
IM-to-email is not implemented, but it should be possible to add that
functionality. How exactly that is supposed to integrate with the
"main" database (specially because I have all these options on a
different server, using a different MySQL database...), I'm not sure
(e.g. making sure that the IM-to-email option on the user preferences,
when checked, actually sends IMs to email — which, in my case, are
done by a _different_ server. I'm not yet sure how to do that!)

Profiles and Search... don't work. When looking at what was happening
(on two different servers — one running Mac OS X and the other
Linux/Cent OS 5.3 — to make sure that the problem was not related to
Mono or the spoecific architecture), this is what I got:

[PROFILE]: Unable to connect to Profile Server
http://btgrid.betatechnologies.info/os_services/profiles/profile.php.
Method avatar_properties_request, params System.Collections.Hashtable.
Exception System.Xml.XmlException: Multiple document element was
detected.  Line 2, position 2.
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadStartTag () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Nwc.XmlRpc.XmlRpcResponseDeserializer.Deserialize
(System.IO.TextReader xmlData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Nwc.XmlRpc.XmlRpcRequest.Send (System.String url, Int32 timeout)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenSimProfile.Modules.OpenProfile.OpenProfileModule.GenericXMLRPCRequest
(System.Collections.Hashtable ReqParams, System.String method)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Sounds cryptic? Not really — I found out that my stupid hosting
provider doesn't have the required XML-RPC library built-in. Ack! (I
just copied & pasted this here because Google will eventually pick it
up sooner or later, and hopefully this message will be helpful for
anyone searching for the same issue. If that's the case, fellow
Google-user, be content, the modules are working, it's just your PHP
which hasn't the XML-RPC library built in).

Workaround? In my case, I'm not really allowed to change the PHP
module, since it's not under my control. Well, I have gone through
this before, and I'm going to try to adapt the code to use the
well-known Incutio XML-RPC library, which is used by WordPress (and
thus about 1/6th of all websites in the world) and thus should be
reasonably efficient and safe. Sadly, of course, it means rewriting a
lot of code, since the approach is rather different. But if I get this
to work I might post a copy of the code somewhere.

Actually, if Mimetic Core is reading this, I would like to ask your
permission to use your module to include it as part of an upcoming
WordPress plugin I'm planning to do. After a terrible experience with
Xoops I vowed never to use it again :-) And while the academic
community is very fond of Moodle — and there are already a lot of
modules working with Moodle doing basically the same thing — 67
million sites run WordPress (http://en.wordpress.com/stats/) so I
believe there might be some interest using it as a backend for
managing a grid. Note that this is a very-long-time project, to which
I'm not going to do "in a moment's notice", since the whole point is
to allow things like authentication, profiles, and social networking
tools (like BuddyPress) and forums all be integrated uniformly into a
single setup. And no, this is not to get into a "CMS war"; and yes,
I'm aware that the same could be achieved — possibly more easily —
starting with Moodle or even Drupal, both of which already have
several modules to integrate with OpenSim.

   - Gwyn

>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Core (mimetic.core) <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm posting a link to a preliminary version of my OpenSim services 'care
>>> package'.  To recap, it contains everything needed to (manually) install
>>> Groups, Profiles, Search and Offline Messages using a single database and is
>>> assembled from existing modules that seem to work the best under most
>>> conditions.  It's not 100% complete as far as detailed instructions go
>>> (which I'm working on) and I still haven't tested it under IIS or on a MAC
>>> (which I'm also working on), but there's a quickstart guide and all the
>>> necessary files are included.  All comments, corrections and contributions
>>> are welcome and desired.  Hopefully someone will find this useful :)
>>>
>>> The file is named 'Opensim_Services.zip' - there's also a checksum/virus
>>> scan log for the properly paranoid...
>>>
>>> http://public.odosys.net/files/opensim/os_modules/
>>>
>>> - Core/Jason
>>> - [hidden email]

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08
"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

core
thank you for your kind words, Gwyn.  as far as the bundle is concerned,
it is made up of material which already falls under OpenSim's BSD
licence and can therefore be modified and re-distributed under those
same conditions.  my apologies for not including that point in the
documentation.  i believe this is the correct info:

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/BSD_License
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

i'm also interested in your ideas regarding the Incutio library.  it
makes sense to tap into existing resources in order to increase
compatibility and create a softer landing point for developers looking
to integrate OS with an established CMS.  if i had make a personal
choice (also avoiding a code war), Drupal would top my list simply
because they have turned a smart corner with the upcoming version and
are integrating the HTML5/CSS3 feature family into the engine itself.
admittedly, i'm a sucker for environments with high upward compatibility.

-however-

i completely agree that Wordpress is a good choice for many reasons as
well.  the plugin architecture is hard to beat let alone the vast
installation base and immense third-party development community.  i look
forward to anything you create for that engine.

i will hold my tongue in regards to Xoops except to say that if not for
Moodle, i'd have little or no reason to even touch it (and i know i'm
not alone in that sentiment).

- Core/Jason

On 11/24/2011 1:53 PM, Gwyneth Llewelyn wrote:

> [...]
> Xoops I vowed never to use it again :-) And while the academic
> community is very fond of Moodle — and there are already a lot of
> modules working with Moodle doing basically the same thing — 67
> million sites run WordPress (http://en.wordpress.com/stats/) so I
> believe there might be some interest using it as a backend for
> managing a grid. Note that this is a very-long-time project, to which
> I'm not going to do "in a moment's notice", since the whole point is
> to allow things like authentication, profiles, and social networking
> tools (like BuddyPress) and forums all be integrated uniformly into a
> single setup. And no, this is not to get into a "CMS war"; and yes,
> I'm aware that the same could be achieved — possibly more easily —
> starting with Moodle or even Drupal, both of which already have
> several modules to integrate with OpenSim.

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

Chris Kennedy-2
I was also able to install your bundle following your setup guide as
well with minimal issue =)

Just as a note for Windows users using MySQL Admin (No I haven't
switched over to the newer GUI Workbench ... It's a real PITA to work
with =| ) you may need to check the box to ignore errors when restoring
the tables for services_all.sql file. I ran into errors with it
unchecked. But it seems to be working fine after checking that box
despite the fact.

Thanks a lot for this package Core!

On a side note... Would anyone happen to know why text typed into the
profiles about box, etc doesn't want to persist? The apply button is
there, is clickable, and the data does seem to be finding its way to the
MySQL database upon querying it; but other wise won't show up when the
edited profile is re-opened.

Groups seems to be working fine. I was able to create a new group and
assign different roles, etc. Though I have not tested farther than this
(Deeding land, objects, etc.)

I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and
configure this option.

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

Gary Banham
Hi Chris I had the same problem running version 7.2 release
I tried it with 7.1.1 and it worked fine as well as the 7.3 Dev version for
os grid
I modified the ini files to fit my grid
But why it happens I do not know
You are right the information does go to the database I checked that using 2
simulators but for some reason the viewer is not reading the information
properly

TC

Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

core
now that more people are testing the modules, i think it's a perfect
time to start collecting error vs environment information.  i realize
that the mantis holds pages and pages of error documentation, but now
that there is a constant value (everyone is using the same module
code/versions) it should be easier to compare and contrast the other
variables.  in my documentation i listed the specific conditions under
which i had success (i.e. platform, OS version, mono/sql/php versions)
so those having errors should include the same data here (or in emails
for those who are contacting me directly) and treat it like a smaller,
more informal mantis.  this will also help to create better 'contingency
documentation' for future wiki updates or tutorials.

as for the profiles issue Chris mentioned, i wasn't able to re-create
the problem, though i do remember experiencing it before.  unfortunately
i can't recall the specific circumstances under which it occurred :/
were there any error messages in the console?

there has also been a recent update to the search module and i believe
one pending for the profile as well.  for bundle fans, i'll be posting
an updated download soon.

best to all.

- Core/Jason

On 11/26/2011 2:59 PM, Chris wrote:

> I was also able to install your bundle following your setup guide as
> well with minimal issue =)
>
> Just as a note for Windows users using MySQL Admin (No I haven't
> switched over to the newer GUI Workbench ... It's a real PITA to work
> with =| ) you may need to check the box to ignore errors when
> restoring the tables for services_all.sql file. I ran into errors with
> it unchecked. But it seems to be working fine after checking that box
> despite the fact.
>
> Thanks a lot for this package Core!
>
> On a side note... Would anyone happen to know why text typed into the
> profiles about box, etc doesn't want to persist? The apply button is
> there, is clickable, and the data does seem to be finding its way to
> the MySQL database upon querying it; but other wise won't show up when
> the edited profile is re-opened.
>
> Groups seems to be working fine. I was able to create a new group and
> assign different roles, etc. Though I have not tested farther than
> this (Deeding land, objects, etc.)
>
> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and
> configure this option.

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

Chris Kennedy-2
Hmm... no errors in the console that I was able to tell. I remember
reading about this before but for the life of me I can't seem to find
the relevant post in the opensim-users list lol =/

On 11/26/2011 10:38 PM, core wrote:

> now that more people are testing the modules, i think it's a perfect
> time to start collecting error vs environment information.  i realize
> that the mantis holds pages and pages of error documentation, but now
> that there is a constant value (everyone is using the same module
> code/versions) it should be easier to compare and contrast the other
> variables.  in my documentation i listed the specific conditions under
> which i had success (i.e. platform, OS version, mono/sql/php versions)
> so those having errors should include the same data here (or in emails
> for those who are contacting me directly) and treat it like a smaller,
> more informal mantis.  this will also help to create better
> 'contingency documentation' for future wiki updates or tutorials.
>
> as for the profiles issue Chris mentioned, i wasn't able to re-create
> the problem, though i do remember experiencing it before.
> unfortunately i can't recall the specific circumstances under which it
> occurred :/  were there any error messages in the console?
>
> there has also been a recent update to the search module and i believe
> one pending for the profile as well.  for bundle fans, i'll be posting
> an updated download soon.
>
> best to all.
>
> - Core/Jason
>
> On 11/26/2011 2:59 PM, Chris wrote:
>> I was also able to install your bundle following your setup guide as
>> well with minimal issue =)
>>
>> Just as a note for Windows users using MySQL Admin (No I haven't
>> switched over to the newer GUI Workbench ... It's a real PITA to work
>> with =| ) you may need to check the box to ignore errors when
>> restoring the tables for services_all.sql file. I ran into errors
>> with it unchecked. But it seems to be working fine after checking
>> that box despite the fact.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for this package Core!
>>
>> On a side note... Would anyone happen to know why text typed into the
>> profiles about box, etc doesn't want to persist? The apply button is
>> there, is clickable, and the data does seem to be finding its way to
>> the MySQL database upon querying it; but other wise won't show up
>> when the edited profile is re-opened.
>>
>> Groups seems to be working fine. I was able to create a new group and
>> assign different roles, etc. Though I have not tested farther than
>> this (Deeding land, objects, etc.)
>>
>> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and
>> configure this option.

OpenSim: 9 Region Standalone on 0.7.3 Dev
OS: Windows XP 32 Bit
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 3 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.11

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

M.E. Verhagen

> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and configure this option.

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

core
this issue occurs in all V3 viewers that i have tested, including those specifically aimed at OpenSim use.  they somehow default to Linden's search page, so it's something that probably needs to be changed in the viewer code.  otherwise, the search works fine (as far as i have tested) in traditional/Snowstorm based viewers (Imprudence, Singularity, Astra, Cool VL, Frontier, et al).

also, there are issues surrounding Firestorm and problems it causes with OpenSim.  i've noticed this is being address in OpenSim friendly forks of the codebase by other developers.  i'm not sure when these will be available for use, but i would have to say that the unmodified Firestorm viewer is not the best choice at this time.  it is very clearly dedicated to SL.  if you want a V3 viewer (other than the official Linden package) that respects OpenSim architecture and has many of the additional features we have come to expect from TPVs, i highly recommend Dolphin Viewer.  you can find it here:

http://dolphinviewer.eregion.de/tag/dolphin-viewer-3/

- Core/Jason

On 11/27/2011 4:03 AM, M.E. Verhagen wrote:

> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and configure this option.

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: OpenSim services bundle test

Trinity
most TPV's will support a search item in the part of the gridinfo settings in your opensim ini's
[GridInfo]

search = http://server.com/search/index.php

I know this works in Hippo and Imprudence. Probably works in any other that supports grid info
not sure on TPV's based on new version 2/3 based viewer code from sl

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 8:55 AM, core <[hidden email]> wrote:
this issue occurs in all V3 viewers that i have tested, including those specifically aimed at OpenSim use.  they somehow default to Linden's search page, so it's something that probably needs to be changed in the viewer code.  otherwise, the search works fine (as far as i have tested) in traditional/Snowstorm based viewers (Imprudence, Singularity, Astra, Cool VL, Frontier, et al).

also, there are issues surrounding Firestorm and problems it causes with OpenSim.  i've noticed this is being address in OpenSim friendly forks of the codebase by other developers.  i'm not sure when these will be available for use, but i would have to say that the unmodified Firestorm viewer is not the best choice at this time.  it is very clearly dedicated to SL.  if you want a V3 viewer (other than the official Linden package) that respects OpenSim architecture and has many of the additional features we have come to expect from TPVs, i highly recommend Dolphin Viewer.  you can find it here:

http://dolphinviewer.eregion.de/tag/dolphin-viewer-3/

- Core/Jason

On 11/27/2011 4:03 AM, M.E. Verhagen wrote:

> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and configure this option.

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

Gwyneth Llewelyn

I had that very same problem for at least two reasons, one very silly, one a bit more complex!

The very silly reason is that I had precisely copied & pasted the database information from one config file to another. I didn't even realise that each module (obviously!) called the variables differently :-) So that was easy to fix, of course.

The other reason was completely forgetting that my hosting provider's compiled-in PHP module does NOT have XML-RPC built-in. This would make things "not persistent" on profiles, but otherwise I got no errors. Then I just had to patiently rewrite both the profile core and the search core to use an external XML-RPC library (I'm fond of Incutio XML-RPC, which is used by all WordPress installations). That made profiles & search work flawlessly. Actually, I sent the updated files to this mailing list, but because they are about 90KBytes in size, and the attachment limit for this mailing list is just 40KBytes, that message of mine is somewhere waiting for moderator approval. I'll be happy to send (or post) those two files anywhere else where they may be useful for people without the compiled-in XML-RPC PHP extension.

Hopefully this is helpful to Chris to debug his own installation. Good luck!

        - Gwyn

On 2011/11/27, at 04:38, core wrote:
[...]

> as for the profiles issue Chris mentioned, i wasn't able to re-create the problem, though i do remember experiencing it before.  unfortunately i can't recall the specific circumstances under which it occurred :/  were there any error messages in the console?
>
> there has also been a recent update to the search module and i believe one pending for the profile as well.  for bundle fans, i'll be posting an updated download soon.
>
> best to all.
>
> - Core/Jason
>
> On 11/26/2011 2:59 PM, Chris wrote:
>> I was also able to install your bundle following your setup guide as well with minimal issue =)
>>
>> Just as a note for Windows users using MySQL Admin (No I haven't switched over to the newer GUI Workbench ... It's a real PITA to work with =| ) you may need to check the box to ignore errors when restoring the tables for services_all.sql file. I ran into errors with it unchecked. But it seems to be working fine after checking that box despite the fact.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for this package Core!
>>
>> On a side note... Would anyone happen to know why text typed into the profiles about box, etc doesn't want to persist? The apply button is there, is clickable, and the data does seem to be finding its way to the MySQL database upon querying it; but other wise won't show up when the edited profile is re-opened.
>>
>> Groups seems to be working fine. I was able to create a new group and assign different roles, etc. Though I have not tested farther than this (Deeding land, objects, etc.)
>>
>> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and configure this option.

> meatspace: jason
> cyberspace: mimetic.core
> chicago, il us
> [hidden email]
> twitter: @odosys

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

I have heard of the same issue on osgrid.org.  afaik it's a bug in profiles, though it could also be an opensim bug.

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

Gary Banham
Ok ill try to give my two cents on testing the modules
Everything worked well with one consistent anomaly
I run my ain server configured with windows 7 professional edition
I also run the ZEND server community edition
Apache 2.2.16
PHP 5.3.5
MySql 5.1.50

My main server which hosts the profiles module runs dual optron 6186
processors and has 8 gigs of ram
All the modules work perfectly with as I have said with one anomaly
No problems with the 7.1.1 version and the 7.3 DEV version

However with the 7.2 release the profiles module acts problematically
It seem Picks will load and my notes seem to work
Also the web page I have placed in to the profile will load correctly
However Interests and Avatar Information doesn't seem to load

I know if I put information in them and click ok and then open on a sim
running 7.1.1 the information I placed there in the 7.2 sim shows up
The Avatar information also shows the avatar as being Born 1/1/1970(15307
Days Old)

I'm running a grid configuration with the main sim's accessing the MySql for
region data
The other connections to the grid are using sql lite for region data as I
still haven't figured how to connect to mysql from another computer
OS Grid seem to use this configuration

The remote grid connection I am testing out is being run from my laptop
connected to a modem with direct access to the internet

I hope this information will be helpful
TC
Gary

now that more people are testing the modules, i think it's a perfect
time to start collecting error vs environment information.  i realize
that the mantis holds pages and pages of error documentation, but now
that there is a constant value (everyone is using the same module
code/versions) it should be easier to compare and contrast the other
variables.  in my documentation i listed the specific conditions under
which i had success (i.e. platform, OS version, mono/sql/php versions)
so those having errors should include the same data here (or in emails
for those who are contacting me directly) and treat it like a smaller,
more informal mantis.  this will also help to create better 'contingency
documentation' for future wiki updates or tutorials.

as for the profiles issue Chris mentioned, i wasn't able to re-create
the problem, though i do remember experiencing it before.  unfortunately
i can't recall the specific circumstances under which it occurred :/
were there any error messages in the console?

there has also been a recent update to the search module and i believe
one pending for the profile as well.  for bundle fans, i'll be posting
an updated download soon.

best to all.

- Core/Jason

On 11/26/2011 2:59 PM, Chris wrote:

> I was also able to install your bundle following your setup guide as
> well with minimal issue =)
>
> Just as a note for Windows users using MySQL Admin (No I haven't
> switched over to the newer GUI Workbench ... It's a real PITA to work
> with =| ) you may need to check the box to ignore errors when
> restoring the tables for services_all.sql file. I ran into errors with
> it unchecked. But it seems to be working fine after checking that box
> despite the fact.
>
> Thanks a lot for this package Core!
>
> On a side note... Would anyone happen to know why text typed into the
> profiles about box, etc doesn't want to persist? The apply button is
> there, is clickable, and the data does seem to be finding its way to
> the MySQL database upon querying it; but other wise won't show up when
> the edited profile is re-opened.
>
> Groups seems to be working fine. I was able to create a new group and
> assign different roles, etc. Though I have not tested farther than
> this (Deeding land, objects, etc.)
>
> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and
> configure this option.

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

core
ok, when i have time i will install Zend CE and see if i can duplicate
the problem.  it's strange because i would expect problems (if any) to
occur in the 0.7.3 dev branch - not that i'm suggesting it's problematic
in any way ;)

- Core/Jason

On 11/29/2011 9:59 AM, Gary Banham wrote:

> Ok ill try to give my two cents on testing the modules
> Everything worked well with one consistent anomaly
> I run my ain server configured with windows 7 professional edition
> I also run the ZEND server community edition
> Apache 2.2.16
> PHP 5.3.5
> MySql 5.1.50
>
> My main server which hosts the profiles module runs dual optron 6186
> processors and has 8 gigs of ram
> All the modules work perfectly with as I have said with one anomaly
> No problems with the 7.1.1 version and the 7.3 DEV version
>
> However with the 7.2 release the profiles module acts problematically
> It seem Picks will load and my notes seem to work
> Also the web page I have placed in to the profile will load correctly
> However Interests and Avatar Information doesn't seem to load
>
> I know if I put information in them and click ok and then open on a sim
> running 7.1.1 the information I placed there in the 7.2 sim shows up
> The Avatar information also shows the avatar as being Born 1/1/1970(15307
> Days Old)
>
> I'm running a grid configuration with the main sim's accessing the MySql for
> region data
> The other connections to the grid are using sql lite for region data as I
> still haven't figured how to connect to mysql from another computer
> OS Grid seem to use this configuration
>
> The remote grid connection I am testing out is being run from my laptop
> connected to a modem with direct access to the internet
>
> I hope this information will be helpful
> TC
> Gary

justincc
I should think not, dev code is perfect ;)

On 29/11/11 17:35, core wrote:

> ok, when i have time i will install Zend CE and see if i can duplicate the problem. it's strange because i would expect
> problems (if any) to occur in the 0.7.3 dev branch - not that i'm suggesting it's problematic in any way ;)
>
> - Core/Jason
>
> On 11/29/2011 9:59 AM, Gary Banham wrote:
>> Ok ill try to give my two cents on testing the modules
>> Everything worked well with one consistent anomaly
>> I run my ain server configured with windows 7 professional edition
>> I also run the ZEND server community edition
>> Apache 2.2.16
>> PHP 5.3.5
>> MySql 5.1.50
>>
>> My main server which hosts the profiles module runs dual optron 6186
>> processors and has 8 gigs of ram
>> All the modules work perfectly with as I have said with one anomaly
>> No problems with the 7.1.1 version and the 7.3 DEV version
>>
>> However with the 7.2 release the profiles module acts problematically
>> It seem Picks will load and my notes seem to work
>> Also the web page I have placed in to the profile will load correctly
>> However Interests and Avatar Information doesn't seem to load
>>
>> I know if I put information in them and click ok and then open on a sim
>> running 7.1.1 the information I placed there in the 7.2 sim shows up
>> The Avatar information also shows the avatar as being Born 1/1/1970(15307
>> Days Old)
>>
>> I'm running a grid configuration with the main sim's accessing the MySql for
>> region data
>> The other connections to the grid are using sql lite for region data as I
>> still haven't figured how to connect to mysql from another computer
>> OS Grid seem to use this configuration
>>
>> The remote grid connection I am testing out is being run from my laptop
>> connected to a modem with direct access to the internet
>>
>> I hope this information will be helpful
>> TC
>> Gary

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

lppallew
Hi Gary,

Windows 7
IIS7
MySQL 5.5

I'm running Zend as well to control my groups and it works perfectly. However, to date, I can not get any of the core modules to work. Profiles, offline messages, and search write nothing to the database.  No console errors that indicate anything is having trouble connecting either. The only message I get is "Unable to fetch profile data at this time" from the viewer code when I try to modify my profile.

When sending a message to someone off line, I do get the following console message:

ERROR - OpenSim.Framework.Servers.HttpServer.BaseHttpServer [BASE HTTP SERVER]: Handler not found for http request /offline/Offline.php/SaveMessage/
2011-11-28 11:00:11,708 DEBUG - OpenSim.Framework.SynchronousRestObjectRequester [SynchronousRestObjectRequester]: Invalid XML http://enakai.dyndns-server.com:11000/offline/Offline.php/SaveMessage/ System.Boolean

Out of ideas.

Wayne

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Gary Banham <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> with =| ) you may need to check the box to ignore errors when
> restoring the tables for services_all.sql file. I ran into errors with
> it unchecked. But it seems to be working fine after checking that box
> despite the fact.
>
> Thanks a lot for this package Core!
>
> On a side note... Would anyone happen to know why text typed into the
> profiles about box, etc doesn't want to persist? The apply button is
> there, is clickable, and the data does seem to be finding its way to
> the MySQL database upon querying it; but other wise won't show up when
> the edited profile is re-opened.
>
> Groups seems to be working fine. I was able to create a new group and
> assign different roles, etc. Though I have not tested farther than
> this (Deeding land, objects, etc.)
>
> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

Gary Banham

I sure you’ve probably tried everything but go to the consol and list modules and make sure the profiles module is loaded mine shows up at the bottom of the list

The search module should be there too

The following bits of code need to be placed into your opensim ini file

[Profile]

     Enabled = true

     Module = OpenProfileModule

    ; Change it to your own HTTP server to have the Profile server work

              ;ProfileURL = MOODLE_URL/blocks/modlos/helper/profile.php

              ProfileURL = http://xxx.xx.xx.xx/osprofile/php/profile.php

[Modules]

    LandServices = "RemoteLandServicesConnector"

    LandServiceConnector = "true"

   [Modules]

    Module = OpenSearchModule

    [Search]

    Enabled = True

   ; This is the URL needed for Search server to work

   ; Change it to your own HTTP server to have Search inworld working

   ;SearchURL = MOODLE_URL/blocks/modlos/helper/query.php

    SearchURL = http://xxx.xx.xx.xx/ossearch/webroot/query.php

Some of this might be unnessary but that’s how mine is configured

Just point the url to your server and pathway in the zend server

Also with offline messages the mute server needs to be uncommented even if its not pointing to any particular url

Or offline messages won,t work

Hope this was helpful

TC

Gary

now that more people are testing the modules, i think it's a perfect
time to start collecting error vs environment information.  i realize
that the mantis holds pages and pages of error documentation, but now
that there is a constant value (everyone is using the same module
code/versions) it should be easier to compare and contrast the other
variables.  in my documentation i listed the specific conditions under
which i had success (i.e. platform, OS version, mono/sql/php versions)
so those having errors should include the same data here (or in emails
for those who are contacting me directly) and treat it like a smaller,
more informal mantis.  this will also help to create better 'contingency
documentation' for future wiki updates or tutorials.

as for the profiles issue Chris mentioned, i wasn't able to re-create
the problem, though i do remember experiencing it before.  unfortunately
i can't recall the specific circumstances under which it occurred :/
were there any error messages in the console?

there has also been a recent update to the search module and i believe
one pending for the profile as well.  for bundle fans, i'll be posting
an updated download soon.

best to all.

- Core/Jason

On 11/26/2011 2:59 PM, Chris wrote:

> I was also able to install your bundle following your setup guide as
> well with minimal issue =)
>
> Just as a note for Windows users using MySQL Admin (No I haven't
> switched over to the newer GUI Workbench ... It's a real PITA to work
> with =| ) you may need to check the box to ignore errors when
> restoring the tables for services_all.sql file. I ran into errors with
> it unchecked. But it seems to be working fine after checking that box
> despite the fact.
>
> Thanks a lot for this package Core!
>
> On a side note... Would anyone happen to know why text typed into the
> profiles about box, etc doesn't want to persist? The apply button is
> there, is clickable, and the data does seem to be finding its way to
> the MySQL database upon querying it; but other wise won't show up when
> the edited profile is re-opened.
>
> Groups seems to be working fine. I was able to create a new group and
> assign different roles, etc. Though I have not tested farther than
> this (Deeding land, objects, etc.)
>
> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and
> configure this option.

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

M.E. Verhagen
The offline url gives a 404 error, this suggests that the offline.php script is not reachable.

Could be something with the :11000 port, are other modules also accessing the php script over the port ?

Op woensdag 30 november 2011 schreef Gary Banham ([hidden email]) het volgende:
> I sure you’ve probably tried everything but go to the consol and list modules and make sure the profiles module is loaded mine shows up at the bottom of the list
>

> The search module should be there too
>

> The following bits of code need to be placed into your opensim ini file
>

> [Profile]
>
>      Enabled = true
>
>      Module = OpenProfileModule
>
>     ; Change it to your own HTTP server to have the Profile server work
>
>               ;ProfileURL = MOODLE_URL/blocks/modlos/helper/profile.php
>
>               ProfileURL = http://xxx.xx.xx.xx/osprofile/php/profile.php
>

> [Modules]
>
>     LandServices = "RemoteLandServicesConnector"
>

>     LandServiceConnector = "true"
>

>    [Modules]
>
>     Module = OpenSearchModule
>

>     [Search]
>
>     Enabled = True
>
>    ; This is the URL needed for Search server to work
>
>    ; Change it to your own HTTP server to have Search inworld working
>
>    ;SearchURL = MOODLE_URL/blocks/modlos/helper/query.php
>
>     SearchURL = http://xxx.xx.xx.xx/ossearch/webroot/query.php
>

> Some of this might be unnessary but that’s how mine is configured
>
> Just point the url to your server and pathway in the zend server
>

> Also with offline messages the mute server needs to be uncommented even if its not pointing to any particular url
>

> Or offline messages won,t work
>

> Hope this was helpful
>
> TC
>
> Gary

Thanks, Gary.

Most of this I did have and yes the modules are listed.

When you say,  ProfileURL = http://xxx.xx.xx.xx/osprofile/php/profile.php

is the xxx.xx.xx   localhost  or my fully qualified dns name with the port number as in enakai.dyndns-server.com:11000  ??

 http://localhost/osprofile/php/profile.php

or

 http://enakai.dyndns-server.com:11000/osprofile/php/profile.php

Wayne