Re: [opensim-edu] OpenSim services bundle test

12

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

Gary Banham

I would suggest Wayne if you’re running a standalone you use the local host

I tried to connect to your profile server and did not have any luck

I kept getting the cant retrieve profile data at this time

You can try to connect to mine if you like to test if everything else is working then you would need to make sure your database is set up and the configuration file in the profiles folder is set correctly

ProfileURL = http://209.89.50.56/osprofile/php/profile.php

Also make sure the folder in the profiles is correct to this

The pathway must be right or the profiles module won’t find your server

TC

Gary

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

lppallew
Nope.  Can't connect to yours either.

I wonder if it's something in the Diva version of things. Guess I'll keep digging.

I appreciate your help.

Wayne

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Gary Banham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> with =| ) you may need to check the box to ignore errors when
> restoring the tables for services_all.sql file. I ran into errors with
> it unchecked. But it seems to be working fine after checking that box
> despite the fact.
>
> Thanks a lot for this package Core!
>
> On a side note... Would anyone happen to know why text typed into the
> profiles about box, etc doesn't want to persist? The apply button is
> there, is clickable, and the data does seem to be finding its way to
> the MySQL database upon querying it; but other wise won't show up when
> the edited profile is re-opened.
>
> Groups seems to be working fine. I was able to create a new group and
> assign different roles, etc. Though I have not tested farther than
> this (Deeding land, objects, etc.)
>
> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

Fleep Tuque
Wayne - if you're using Mimetic Core's bundle of services, the path in those URLs is not correct.  It should just be http://yourdomain.com/osprofile/profile.php unless you changed something about the file structure in the package.

Also, you only use "localhost" in the database configuration files, everywhere else in the opensim .ini files you should be using the domain name, for example http://fleepgrid.com/osprofile/profile.php.

Hope that helps!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 8:10 PM, Wayne <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> with =| ) you may need to check the box to ignore errors when
> restoring the tables for services_all.sql file. I ran into errors with
> it unchecked. But it seems to be working fine after checking that box
> despite the fact.
>
> Thanks a lot for this package Core!
>
> On a side note... Would anyone happen to know why text typed into the
> profiles about box, etc doesn't want to persist? The apply button is
> there, is clickable, and the data does seem to be finding its way to
> the MySQL database upon querying it; but other wise won't show up when
> the edited profile is re-opened.
>
> Groups seems to be working fine. I was able to create a new group and
> assign different roles, etc. Though I have not tested farther than
> this (Deeding land, objects, etc.)
>
> I do not know how well search works as I did not opt to install and

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us
[hidden email]
twitter: @odosys

Re: [opensim-edu] Opensim services bundle test

lppallew
Thanks, Chris.

Almost ready to give up. No matter what I do I get "unable to fetch profile data at this time".

I just installed the new bundle and same problem. Nothing is being written to the database, it's almost like there is no connection or it can't find the new schema...

Wayne

meatspace: jason
cyberspace: mimetic.core
chicago, il us