Quantcast

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

John Sheridan
In world take a look under your inventory for the OpenSim Library.  There are a few example scripts in there which may help.

OpenSim Library -> Scripts Library -> OpenSim Specific Scripts -> osWeatherMap

When you open up the script it'll show as locked.  Just ctrl-a ctrl-c to select all and copy, then paste it all into a new script to edit.

Thanks, :)

 - Orion Pseudo/Shamroy

Tristan wrote:
I think it can only be a picture file, or some type of php that returns a picture. I could be wrong.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Olli Aro <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I have been trying to Google for this, but cannot find answer. Please just point me to documentation if this is an obvious question J

Does anyone know which are possible values for the content type parameter with osSetDynamicTextureURL? What I am looking for is a way to set html content as texture. I can find examples for dynamic images but not for html.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Olli

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Olli Aro
Administrator

Hi Orion,

That example seems to be with images as well.

Since it looks like the dynamic texture supports only images at the moment, does anyone know how to bring HTML web content in OpenSim? Even the Second Life way whereby you set it as parcel media does not seem to work. So, is there currently no way to bring HTML in?

Regards,

Olli

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Charles Krinke-3

Go to the second floor of the building on Wright Plaza. There are two large screens that display html on a prim, meaning web pages. Use the chat chat /10 for one of /11 for the other.

The source for this is on the osgrid.org/forums and displays text and graphics using pcidae.net to do a little formatting.

Charles

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Tristan-2
I copied the post I think Charles is referring to:

Display web page on a prim

Postby charlesk on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:24 pm

Tx Oh has been kind enough to contribute the script running on the prim at the teleport landing point on Wright Plaza. To see a web site, use channel 5 in chat by typing "/5 http://www.osgrid.org"

// by tx Oh

default {
state_entry() {
llListen(5, "", NULL_KEY, "");
llSetText("Say '/5 http://someurl.org'\nto get a webpage displayd on the prim", <1.0, 0.5, 0.0>, 1);
}

listen(integer ch, string name, key id, string url) {
llHTTPRequest("http://pici.picidae.net/browse.php?c=0&f=&u="+url,[],"");
}
http_response(key rid, integer status, list metadata, string msg) {
list l = llParseString2List(msg, ["img src=\""], []);
string img = llList2String(l, 1);
l = llParseString2List(img, ["\""], []);
img = llList2String(l, 1);
string url = "http://pici.picidae.net/" + img;
string URLTexture = osSetDynamicTextureURL("", "image", url, "", 600);
if (llStringLength(URLTexture)>0) {
llSetTexture(URLTexture, ALL_SIDES);
}
}
}

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Charles Krinke <[hidden email]> wrote:

Go to the second floor of the building on Wright Plaza. There are two large screens that display html on a prim, meaning web pages. Use the chat chat /10 for one of /11 for the other.

The source for this is on the osgrid.org/forums and displays text and graphics using pcidae.net to do a little formatting.

Charles

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Olli Aro
Administrator

Ok, I see. It is using service from http://pici.picidae.net in order to convert html to image. Handy tool, but would be still nice to know if I can include HTML directly in opensim (which looks based on this email thread unlikely).

My understanding is that the web content in Second Life is client functionality, so maybe it would be quite easy to add this support also to opensim, if using Second Life client? Anyone have any pointers where I should look if I want to modify osSetDynamicTextureURL function behaviour?

Should I be posting this to the developers list?

Regards,

Olli

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

John Sheridan
Olli,
  I've seen a prim that draws a web page over at Wright Plaza on OSGrid.  I'm not sure if its still there, but I always assumed they were using a variation of the WeatherMap script.  You're right though about that script, I just tried and it only works for images.  Also, after trying the SL way of setting the url in the parcel all I wound up with was a black prim.  I'll try to do some more puttering later tonight after I finish melting my brain while reviewing reports at work.  :P

Sorry, << blushes>>
 - Orion

Olli Aro wrote:

Hi Orion,

That example seems to be with images as well.

Since it looks like the dynamic texture supports only images at the moment, does anyone know how to bring HTML web content in OpenSim? Even the Second Life way whereby you set it as parcel media does not seem to work. So, is there currently no way to bring HTML in?

Regards,

Olli

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Olli Aro
Administrator
My guess for parcel media not working is because the media content type reverts to video everytime you try to save it as something different,which I assume then means that sl viewer is trying to use qt to display the media. But this is just a guess.

I also had a look into opensim database and there is no table column to save the media type,which is probably why the media type keeps reverting back to video after you save new media url.

Maybe the parcel media implementation has not been updated in opensim yet to support different media types?

Regards,

Olli

John, Charles already notified us of the one at Wright Plaza and I posted up
the script. However, it will be interesting to see if you get parcel media
URLs working.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM, John Sheridan <[hidden email]>wrote:

>  Olli,
>   I've seen a prim that draws a web page over at Wright Plaza on OSGrid.
> I'm not sure if its still there, but I always assumed they were using a
> variation of the WeatherMap script.  You're right though about that script,
> I just tried and it only works for images.  Also, after trying the SL way of
> setting the url in the parcel all I wound up with was a black prim.  I'll
> try to do some more puttering later tonight after I finish melting my brain
> while reviewing reports at work.  :P
>
> Sorry, << blushes>>
>  - Orion
>

> Olli Aro wrote:
>
>  Hi Orion,
>

> That example seems to be with images as well.
>

> Since it looks like the dynamic texture supports only images at the moment,
> does anyone know how to bring HTML web content in OpenSim? Even the Second
> Life way whereby you set it as parcel media does not seem to work. So, is
> there currently no way to bring HTML in?
>

> Regards,
>

> Olli
>

>  ------------------------------

I just realized that...  Note to self - do not answer emails after crawling out of bed unless you've had at least five cups of highly caffeinated soda!

Thanks, :)

John / Orion Pseudo / Shamroy

Olli Aro wrote:

Hi Orion,

That example seems to be with images as well.

Since it looks like the dynamic texture supports only images at the moment, does anyone know how to bring HTML web content in OpenSim? Even the Second Life way whereby you set it as parcel media does not seem to work. So, is there currently no way to bring HTML in?

Regards,

Olli

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Charles Krinke-3
No problem. "Tx Oh" came up with this about a year ago and it works pretty good.

I am hoping that someone will take on the project of adding mouse position data to the C# code base some time so we can click on areas on the prim and execute hyperlinks, but that is a project in search of a zealot right now.

Charles

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

John Sheridan
Ooh now that would be a juicy one!  With that those new lsl functions
that imitate an html image map - detecting the position in which a prim
was touched - could be implemented.  << drools like Homer Simpson >>

Charles Krinke wrote:

> No problem. "Tx Oh" came up with this about a year ago and it works
> pretty good.
>
> I am hoping that someone will take on the project of adding mouse
> position data to the C# code base some time so we can click on areas
> on the prim and execute hyperlinks, but that is a project in search of
> a zealot right now.
>
> Charles

Dirk Krause

just for reference - this is the uBrowser (gecko engine) which apparently was used in SL.
  http://www.ubrowser.com/
It is pretty impressive, check out the demo, fully interactive etc. But I guess this isn't integrated in two man days :-/.

Best,
  Dirk/Barth

No problem. "Tx Oh" came up with this about a year ago and it works pretty good.

I am hoping that someone will take on the project of adding mouse position data to the C# code base some time so we can click on areas on the prim and execute hyperlinks, but that is a project in search of a zealot right now.

Charles

________________________________

winmail.dat (6K) Download Attachment

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Jürgen Hamel
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:39:35 -0800
Tristan <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Display web page on a
> prim<http://osgrid.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55#p138>
>
> [image: Post] <http://osgrid.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=138#p138>by *
> charlesk <http://osgrid.org/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54>* on
> Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:24 pm
> Tx Oh has been kind enough to contribute the script running on the prim at
> the teleport landing point on Wright Plaza. To see a web site, use channel 5
> in chat by typing "/5 http://www.osgrid.org"
Hi,
I try it and have the same problems like the people at the
osgrid-forum, only a grey prim. (see link on top). Can someone
help ?

Bye
Juergen

--
Cyrus-Computer GmbH Linux Server Support Jürgen Hamel
Cuon - Warenwirtschaft mit Linux  http://www.cuon.org

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Stefan Andersson
Charles,

Darren tells me the functionailty was added some time ago to the OpenSim svn. OnGrabObject, OnGrabUpdate etc, have a
List<SurfaceTouchEventArgs> parameter that is the list of x,y touched.

For it to be used in LSL scripts, it just needs someone to wire up the needed functions that LL added for such things, if there is none already.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:12:39 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

No problem. "Tx Oh" came up with this about a year ago and it works pretty good.

I am hoping that someone will take on the project of adding mouse position data to the C# code base some time so we can click on areas on the prim and execute hyperlinks, but that is a project in search of a zealot right now.

Charles

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Charles Krinke-3
Dear Stefan or Darren:

Would you mind terribly explaining a bit more, please?

I can see the ProcessObjectGrab method in Scene.PacketHandlers.cs which receives a List<> surfaceArgs. I can also see in SurfaceTouchEventArgs.cs the members Binormal, FaceIndex, Normal, Position, STCoord & UVCoord.

The first step seems to me to determine if Position, STCoord & UVCoord are entering ProcessObjectGrab with reasonable X,Y positions with a WriteLine. I am showing my naivety a bit, but perhaps we can use this to help others follow along if you could describe how to WriteLine the Position, STCoord & UVCoord (assuming these are reasonable values entering and underlying logic is probably working).

Then once we get to that point, perhaps describing in a tiny synopsis how the connection would be made up to the LSL_Api.cs.

With Respect, Charles

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:12:39 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

No problem. "Tx Oh" came up with this about a year ago and it works pretty good.

I am hoping that someone will take on the project of adding mouse position data to the C# code base some time so we can click on areas on the prim and execute hyperlinks, but that is a project in search of a zealot right now.

Charles

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Charles Krinke-3
Ok, all I had to do was ask the naive question in public and Mr. Murphy allowed me to see the answer, so I'll answer the first question myself and then go on.

I can see that a WriteLine(surfaceArgs[0].UVCoord.ToString() + surfaceArgs[0].STCoord.ToString() ) returns a percentage of the form 0.00 ... 0.99 when the prim is touched regardless of its size, so this is a really good thing.

I can also see in the ProcessObjectGrab method in Scene.PacketHandlers.cs that EventManager.TriggerObjectGrab is called with surfaceArg as one of its arguments. Chasing down TriggerObjectGrab, it appears to be coming back to handlerObjectGrab so I seem to be going around in a circle a little bit.

So, if you have the time to explain a bit about the logic flow that should occur after the call to TriggerObjectGrab that gets us closer to being able to use a script to obtain the position on a prim that the mouse is clicking, that would be wonderful.

Charles

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:12:39 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

No problem. "Tx Oh" came up with this about a year ago and it works pretty good.

I am hoping that someone will take on the project of adding mouse position data to the C# code base some time so we can click on areas on the prim and execute hyperlinks, but that is a project in search of a zealot right now.

Charles

Re: osSetDynamicTextureURL

Charles Krinke-3
Actually, in looking at this, it looks like there is implementation of llDetectedTouchST, llDetectedTouchUV and llDetectedTouchPos.

This would be a great mini project for one of our intrepid scripters to see if he can create a script (and better yet, donate it to folks to play with) and tests and demonstrates the use of these functions in finding where on the face of a prim the prim has been touched as we try to leverage some idea of html-on-a-prim and include some notions of clickable links.

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:12:39 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]