Re: serverless grid diva setup problem

Karen Palen
This sounds a lot like the region create problem that I posted a few hours ago.

I HOPE that we have both missed somehting really simple ...

Karen

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM, enauman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, I'm modifying a Diva Distro 0.7 r13458 to have multiple opensim instances
running off the same MySQL database, what she calls a '
http://www.metaverseink.com/blog/?p=22 serverless grid '. The two regions
(I'm just doing single regions, not the default megaregions) are in
contiguous locations. On the console the sims "see" each other and they both
show up on the viewer map. But when I log in to one sim that account is not
verified by the other sim and is rejected for teleports and simply crossing
over. I can't see into the other region either.

It's as if the db isn't allowing a user to be in both sims, though they both
get up and running fine. I can log in to each separately but NOT when they
are both running. If the target sim refuses connection then I log out of the
originating sim and shut it down I can then log in to the target sim.

Here is the console printout from the target sim during an attempted
teleport from the map:

2010-08-24 14:36:54,930 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.ServiceConnectorsOut.Simulation.LocalSimulationConnectorModule
[LOCAL SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Found region PAC to send SendCreateChildAgent
2010-08-24 14:36:54,930 INFO  - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene
[CONNECTION BEGIN]: Region PAC told of incoming child agent Erik Nauman
088afec6-025f-4b7b-8fa9-24b874fd8eb8 (circuit code 1170141604, teleportflags
16)

and here is the printout from the originating sim:

2010-08-24 14:36:54,898 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Framework.EntityTransfer.HGEntityTransferModule
[HG ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: region 0a0dbd38-413d-48ef-b170-9b0885dc8904
flags: 4
2010-08-24 14:36:54,914 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Framework.EntityTransfer.EntityTransferModule
[ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Final destination is x=4821 y=4429
uuid=0a0dbd38-413d-48ef-b170-9b0885dc8904
2010-08-24 14:36:54,914 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Framework.EntityTransfer.EntityTransferModule
[ENTITY TRANSFER MODULE]: Request Teleport to
160.79.53.26:9001:PAC/<139.5495, 17.914, 38.13717>
2010-08-24 14:36:54,930 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.ServiceConnectorsOut.Simulation.LocalSimulationConnectorModule
[LOCAL SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Did not find region PAC for
SendCreateChildAgent
2010-08-24 14:36:54,930 INFO  -
OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE
SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Posted CreateAgent request to remote sim
http://160.79.53.26:9001/agent/088afec6-025f-4b7b-8fa9-24b874fd8eb8/, region
PAC, x=1234176 y=1133824
2010-08-24 14:36:54,945 INFO  -
OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE
SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: DoCreateChildAgentCall reply was {"reason":"Failed to
verify user Erik Nauman, access denied to region PAC."}

Thanks for any advice. If I can't make this work before classes start I'll
have to start over with a robust install...
Erik

Re: serverless grid diva setup problem

Diva Canto
Upgrade to the latest (r13558) and that problem should go away.

FYI, it was a Null DB connector that sneaked in the [PresenceService]
configuration (DivaPreferences.ini). That Null DB shouldn't be there.

Also FYI the upgrade from 13458 to 13558 should be a trivial one.

And a final FYI, I operate 2 grids as serverless grids + 1 login robust
server each, and they work great. Just avoid contiguous mega-regions.

enauman wrote:

> [...]
> 2010-08-24 14:36:54,930 DEBUG -
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.ServiceConnectorsOut.Simulation.LocalSimulationConnectorModule
> [LOCAL SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Did not find region PAC for
> SendCreateChildAgent
> 2010-08-24 14:36:54,930 INFO  -
> OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE
> SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Posted CreateAgent request to remote sim
> http://160.79.53.26:9001/agent/088afec6-025f-4b7b-8fa9-24b874fd8eb8/, region
> PAC, x=1234176 y=1133824
> 2010-08-24 14:36:54,945 INFO  -
> OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE
> SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: DoCreateChildAgentCall reply was {"reason":"Failed to
> verify user Erik Nauman, access denied to region PAC."}
>
> Thanks for any advice. If I can't make this work before classes start I'll
> have to start over with a robust install...

enauman
Wow, quick on the draw. I had actually deleted this post bc I had overlooked the possibility that my forgetting to open the second port number on the firewall was preventing the connection.

I still can't test that right now without the help of my system admin to open the ports but changing the setup to all internal IP showed the same problem.
By the way Karen, I'm the person with the Mars sim OAR! I'm excited that you're using it.
Erik

Oh yay! Thanks Diva. Will upgrade asap.

Re: serverless grid diva setup problem

Karen Palen
That might fix enauman's problem, but I am already using r134558!

For some reason the reflector is very slow today, so I will resend my post directly to you.

Karen

enauman wrote:
[...]

It is an exciting demo for a scifi convention! I have had quite a few nice remarks about it from visitors.

I hope to interest some local schools in this too.

Long range plans are to move this all to my server machine from my "experimenting" machine so it can be up 24//7.

Karen

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM, enauman <[hidden email]> wrote:

By the way Karen, I'm the person with the Mars sim OAR! I'm excited that
you're using it.
Erik

Re: serverless grid diva setup problem

enauman
Flawless, thanks again.

Diva Canto wrote
Upgrade to the latest (r13558) and that problem should go away.

Re: serverless grid diva setup problem

enauman
I worked with some Bronx teachers this summer on virtual worlds who would be very interested in that. Keep us updated if you go forward with that.

Karen Palen wrote