Recent request from OSgrid about reloading bad assets

Recent request from OSgrid about reloading bad assets

tringate
The recent request from OSgrid admin to run “fcache assets” and reload bad assets has caused me to check all my regions for error messages.  I discovered the nightly reboot log issues this command and the errors are listed in my logs.  There are many listed, but some I have no idea what they are trying to tell me.
A few give the object name which is a huge help in finding what it is and where it is.

For instance on one region at startup the log file has these entries.
*** sample entries ***
2015-04-19 04:08:36,192 INFO  - OpenSim.Framework.Servers.ServerBase [SERVER BASE]: Running 'fcache assets'
2015-04-19 04:08:37,193 WARN  - OpenMetaverse Failed decoding wearable asset c80f76a4-53a2-d277-68b7-23b1d89682b8: Input string was not in the correct format
2015-04-19 04:08:47,994 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Serialization.SceneObjectSerializer [SceneObjectSerializer]: Parsing PrimitiveBaseShape for object part Primitive 7bcf0eba-c86d-4cf9-8f09-77eb0bc371d0 encountered errors in properties FlexiDrag, FlexiGravity.

There are dozens of the last “DEBUG” entry type for some of my regions.

Is this telling me I have a defective asset?  If so how can I find it and how do I fix this kind of error?

The “WARN” entry suggests I have some bad wearable however there are no avatars on the region when it is rebooted which is when this log was generated.

Is there some magical way to locate a prim or asset by using the UUID that is listed in each of these entries?

I use the “cool vl” viewer and I have not found any way to search on a uuid to find it on a region or in my inventory.  Do other viewers have this capability?

If not how do you find and fix these log entries?

I hope there is some efficient way to find these and get them resolved.  I do have a few regions which come up with no entries of any kind that suggest some asset or prim is bad.  I looked back at old logs prior to the asset server failure and none of these errors are present on any of my regions.

I have OAR files for all my regions prior to the asset server crash, so it would be possible for me to load a new blank region with each of these OAR files if that would restore the missing or defective asset these are telling me about.

I do not want to do something that is going to make the problem worst rather than better.

Any suggestions?

Tom

Re: Recent request from OSgrid about reloading bad assets

riebling
Wouldn't reloading from OAR just bring in the same bad asset, by UUID?

For what it's worth:

I came across only one bad asset after the big asset server restore, which
traced to some component of an AO. I never did find the exact asset that
went bad, but was able to get rid of the viewer error about bad asset by
re-creating the AO from it's pieces.

Come to think of it, might have been a texture. I remember the AO rezzing
with a funny texture where a HUD image should have been.

--

Eric Riebling      Interactive Systems Lab
[hidden email]    407 South Craig St.

Re: Recent request from OSgrid about reloading badassets

tringate
I found one of the bad assets on one region so far.  It's problem was it had
a texture of a null UUID.
It was invisible because of this.  I had to delete it in the regions MySQL
database to get rid of it on the region.

Oddly enough I was both the owner and creator of this object that was
floating in the air and could not be seen as if it did not exist at all.
Even turning on transparency did not show the abject.

I suspect this was not caused by the asset server crash, other than I did
not see the error in the old logs I have.

I have IAR's and log files going back to 2011 for all my regions.  When I
said I would use an OAR to reload the region,
I was thinking of using an OAR from a time when the logs showed no errors of
any assets.

My real issue is with the strange new errors which there are dozens of.  I
never saw those kinds of errors before,
and I have no idea what the error is even telling me.

How do I fix an asset that gives this kind of error?

2015-04-20 04:09:10,251 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Serialization.SceneObjectSerializer
[SceneObjectSerializer]: Parsing PrimitiveBaseShape for object part
Primitive 7bcf0eba-c86d-4cf9-8f09-77eb0bc371d0 encountered errors in
properties FlexiDrag, FlexiGravity.
2015-04-20 04:09:10,252 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Serialization.SceneObjectSerializer
[SceneObjectSerializer]: Parsing PrimitiveBaseShape for object part
Primitive 1bc76a3d-c8aa-4d24-88eb-e311335588e0 encountered errors in
properties FlexiDrag, FlexiGravity.

I see over 65 of those errors on startup on one region.  Other regions have
none, and some only have a few.

I never saw those errors prior to the grid crash.

But then opensim has 7 months of development work on it since the crash so
opensim isn't the same program either that it was last August.

Tom

Wouldn't reloading from OAR just bring in the same bad asset, by UUID?

For what it's worth:

I came across only one bad asset after the big asset server restore, which
traced to some component of an AO. I never did find the exact asset that
went bad, but was able to get rid of the viewer error about bad asset by
re-creating the AO from it's pieces.

Come to think of it, might have been a texture. I remember the AO rezzing
with a funny texture where a HUD image should have been.

On 04/20/2015 08:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Recent request from OSgrid about reloading bad assets

--

Eric Riebling      Interactive Systems Lab
[hidden email]    407 South Craig St.

Re: Recent request from OSgrid about reloading badassets

Dahlia Trimble
Do you see that when you start the region? If so, it *could be* corrupt region data rather than bad assets. I really don't know what could have caused something like that in your case but I'd suspect a corrupt region database. I hope you have a recent oar or other backup of your region. I'd suspect that killing your region process with ctrl-C or some other abnormal termination might cause this. Even if not, it's a good practice to stop a region with the "quit" console command.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Thomas Ringate <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

2015-04-20 04:09:10,251 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Serialization.SceneObjectSerializer [SceneObjectSerializer]: Parsing PrimitiveBaseShape for object part Primitive 7bcf0eba-c86d-4cf9-8f09-77eb0bc371d0 encountered errors in properties FlexiDrag, FlexiGravity.
2015-04-20 04:09:10,252 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Serialization.SceneObjectSerializer [SceneObjectSerializer]: Parsing PrimitiveBaseShape for object part Primitive 1bc76a3d-c8aa-4d24-88eb-e311335588e0 encountered errors in properties FlexiDrag, FlexiGravity.

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Riebling

Re: Recent request from OSgrid about reloadingbadassets

tringate
After considerable try this/try that, I discovered that these errors most likely have existed for a long time.  I finally went back to the same version of opensim I was running at the time of the crash but did not change the region data at all.  Using that version of opensim there are no errors or other log messages at all concerning assets on the region.  Bottom line is these messages have nothing to do with the OSgrid server crash.

Changing back to the current version of opensim produces these log messages.

Not sure what the good is of putting in log messages that are meaningless to most of the people running opensim unless those who do know what those errors mean also have no idea how to fix them which is what I was asking.

What the heck is FlexiDrag, FlexiGravity, and do I care?

Are they some script parameter someone left out of a script?

Are they some parameter some builder left off of their build?

I can not find any of the UUID’s these messages give in my region database, or using a prim finder, find a prim of that UUID on my region.

I guess I just live with messed up log files with messages no one knows how to fix.  They are “DEBUG” messages so maybe someone is working on some bug and left the messages in for us all to see.

Tom