Region Handshake Failure

cliveg
Hi

Wondering if anyone can help ???

I have an OpenSim 0.66 server running successfully on an instituional intranet.

I can log into it successfully from and external client and also from
a client onĀ of theĀ internal subnets.

When I try to log into the server from a client on another of the
internal subnets login is successful but the connection fails at the
point of waiting for the region handshake.

The error message from the ISA server is appended.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

Clive

that does not have an established connection with the ISA Server
computer.

Rule:

Source: Internal ( 10.13.7.2:1198)

Destination: External (vleinternal.bromley.ac.uk 195.194.82.20:9000)

Protocol: Opensim 9000 TCP

Re: Region Handshake Failure

Ai Austin
At 11:01 01/10/2009, Clive Gould <[hidden email]> wrote:
>I have an OpenSim 0.66 server running successfully on an
>instituional intranet.
>
>When I try to log into the server from a client on another of the
>internal subnets login is successful but the connection fails at the
>point of waiting for the region handshake....
>
>Anyone have any ideas please?

I had the same problem on 0.6.6 (svn 9993) and found some odd things
with using 127.0.0.1 as the internal IP address for the regions.  I
altered that in the region.xml config files to 0.0.0.0 and it worked.

So try altering the config xml files internal IP address from
127.0.0.1 if that is what you have them set to, to 0.0.0.0