Region Visitor Count

Randy Pierce
I guess I am getting near the end of all my setup and troubleshooting now, especially when I begin abnormalities such as region visitor count.

Has anyone any knowledge of how to get the automatic visitor count for each region to kick in. Is it part of the source code or has this not yet been written? I can put out a visitor sensor to capture this information, but at 80+ regions this would get extremely troublesome if I wanted to get a grid count of visitors for a specific time period.

I am running OS 0.7.5, under WAMP, across multiple servers (using multiple instances per server), a single robust instance, and in hypergrid 1.5 mode.

Any ideas or comments?
Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002

Re: Region Visitor Count

justincc
Hi Randy.  This isn't implemented in core OpenSimulator and I don't know of any 'out-of-the-box' way to do it currently.

It could be achieved with some programming.  One could watch for updates to the Presence service (corresponding to the
Presence table in the database).  These entries are only updated with RegionID when the user logs in and moves between
regions.

This might be a good test case/additional proof-of-concept for BlueWall's updated plugin system for ROBUST though I
don't know if the required hooks are yet available.

On 13/01/13 16:36, Randy Pierce wrote:

> I guess I am getting near the end of all my setup and troubleshooting now,
> especially when I begin abnormalities such as region visitor count.
>
> Has anyone any knowledge of how to get the automatic visitor count for each
> region to kick in. Is it part of the source code or has this not yet been
> written? I can put out a visitor sensor to capture this information, but at
> 80+ regions this would get extremely troublesome if I wanted to get a grid
> count of visitors for a specific time period.
>
> I am running OS 0.7.5, under WAMP, across multiple servers (using multiple
> instances per server), a single robust instance, and in hypergrid 1.5 mode.
>
> Any ideas or comments?

OSVW Consulting