Region XML file - master_avatar_authentication_address

Region XML file - master_avatar_authentication_address

Ai Austin
Can someone remind me what the entry

     master_avatar_authentication_address="<external-hostname>:10001"

in a Region\*.xml file is for?

it seems to be added automatically... if its needed for external
access, does ort 10001 need to be opened in the firewall as well as
8001-6 for the services and 9000+ for the regions?

Re: Region XML file - master_avatar_authentication_address

Mike Mazur

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:23:40 +0000
Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can someone remind me what the entry
>
>      master_avatar_authentication_address="<external-hostname>:10001"
>
> in a Region\*.xml file is for?

I don't see that in any of my Region/*xml files. Port 10001 reminds me
of ReX; I think it's the default port of the avatar authentication
service. Are you playing around with modrex?

Mike

At 23:29 21/01/2009, Mike Mazur wrote:
>I don't see that in any of my Region/*xml files. Port 10001 reminds me
>of ReX; I think it's the default port of the avatar authentication
>service. Are you playing around with modrex?

Thanks Mike... I will definitely have run ReX at some stage on my
test server, so it could have got written into the region XML files
at that stage and I did not realise as I carried the XML region files
forward.  Can I check which of these I can safely delete in the
Region file...  perhaps after we debug this list we could add an
entry in the Wiki to help others?

These MUST be in:
      sim_UUID
      sim_name
      sim_location_x
      sim_location_y
      internal_ip_address
      internal_ip_port
      external_host_name
      allow_alternate_ports - what does this do?

These MUST be present on first use of a region .xml file with a
unique sim_UUID (see note ***)
      master_avatar_first
      master_avatar_last
      master_avatar_pass

These may be needed if defaults are not used?:
      nonphysical_prim_max
      physical_prim_max
      clamp_prim_size
      object_capacity

These can be removed and will be recreated on each Opensim Server startup:
      master_avatar_uuid (see note ***)
      lastmap_uuid
      lastmap_refresh

These are needed if RexServer is used:
      master_avatar_authentication_address

Note ***  After first use of a region .xml file with a unique
sim_UUID that the master avatar name and password stated in the XML
file will be ignored even if changed.  I.e. You  cannot change region
owner by changing these. Could changing master_avatar_uuid from its
default 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 be used to change the
region owner?

Re: Region XML file - master_avatar_authentication_address

John Hopkin
Ai Austin wrote:

>Note ***  After first use of a region .xml file with a unique
>sim_UUID that the master avatar name and password stated in the XML
>file will be ignored even if changed.  I.e. You  cannot change region
>owner by changing these. Could changing master_avatar_uuid from its
>default 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 be used to change the
>region owner?

This isn't my experience.  I've successfully changed region owner by
modifying the master avatar name and password; in fact, I don't know
of any other way to do it.  Likewise I don't know what master avatar
UUID is for - it always seems to be zeroes.
--
John Hopkin

Re: Region XML file - master_avatar_authentication_address

justincc
John Hopkin wrote:

> Ai Austin wrote:
>
>> Note ***  After first use of a region .xml file with a unique
>> sim_UUID that the master avatar name and password stated in the XML
>> file will be ignored even if changed.  I.e. You  cannot change region
>> owner by changing these. Could changing master_avatar_uuid from its
>> default 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 be used to change the
>> region owner?
>
> This isn't my experience.  I've successfully changed region owner by
> modifying the master avatar name and password; in fact, I don't know
> of any other way to do it.  Likewise I don't know what master avatar
> UUID is for - it always seems to be zeroes.

As far as I remember it is meant as an alternative to stating first name/last name, not something that you also have to
fill in.  Is there any documentation on this issue?

Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com