Registration of Region with Grid Failed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Registration of Region with Grid Failed

gstapltn
I am attempting to set up OpenSim version 0.6.9 in Grid Mode on a Windows
2003 Server with all of the components on the single server.  Each of the
following files executes normally:  OpenSim.Grid.UserServer.exe,
OpenSim.Server.exe, and OpenSim.Grid.MessagingServer.exe.  However when I
attempt to run OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe I get the following error:

2010-05-22 19:11:10,390 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Services.Connectors.GridServicesConnector [GRID CONNECTOR]:
RegisterRegion received null reply
2010-05-22 19:11:10,484 ERROR - OpenSim.OpenSimBase [STARTUP]: Registration
of region with grid failed, aborting startup -    at
OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene.RegisterRegionWithGrid() in
d:\OSGRID\OSGRID
RELEASES\compile\OpenSim\Region\Framework\Scenes\Scene.cs:line 1567
    at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion(RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean
portadd_flag, Boolean do_post_init, IScene& mscene) in d:\OSGRID\OSGRID
RELEASES\compile\OpenSim\Region\Application\OpenSimBase.cs:line 362

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong based on this information?  If
not, please let me know what additional information is needed.  I am not
sure what file the line numbers refer to in the error message.  If someone
can tell me what file to look in, maybe I can figure out what I have done
wrong.  I am new to this and any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry Stapleton
[hidden email]

***********************************************************
Gerald R. Stapleton
Director for Distance Learning
Department of Medical Education
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
820 S. Wood Street, Rm. 363  M/C 991
Chicago, IL 60612-7314
Phone:  312-355-3716
Email:  [hidden email]

To learn about the UIC Department of Medical Education go to:
www.uic-dme.org

Or visit my blogs on Web Technologies in Medical Education at:
http://www.gottalot2learn.com (Blogger.com)
http://www.NewWorldClinic.com (Clinician Education in Virtual Environments)

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Registration of Region with Grid Failed

Master_Mirage
its a pluming problem is all. Theres a few files you habve to change not just the opensim.ini have a look in your config include folder off of bin. there more yah need to set is bet :)
 
Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Registration of Region with Grid Failed

justincc
In reply to this post by gstapltn
Gerald R. Stapleton wrote:

> I am attempting to set up OpenSim version 0.6.9 in Grid Mode on a
> Windows 2003 Server with all of the components on the single server.  
> Each of the following files executes normally:  
> OpenSim.Grid.UserServer.exe, OpenSim.Server.exe, and
> OpenSim.Grid.MessagingServer.exe.  However when I attempt to run
> OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe I get the following error:
>
> 2010-05-22 19:11:10,390 DEBUG -
> OpenSim.Services.Connectors.GridServicesConnector [GRID CONNECTOR]:
> RegisterRegion received null reply
> 2010-05-22 19:11:10,484 ERROR - OpenSim.OpenSimBase [STARTUP]:
> Registration of region with grid failed, aborting startup -    at
> OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene.RegisterRegionWithGrid() in
> d:\OSGRID\OSGRID
> RELEASES\compile\OpenSim\Region\Framework\Scenes\Scene.cs:line 1567
>    at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion(RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean
> portadd_flag, Boolean do_post_init, IScene& mscene) in d:\OSGRID\OSGRID
> RELEASES\compile\OpenSim\Region\Application\OpenSimBase.cs:line 362
>
> Can someone explain what I am doing wrong based on this information?  If
> not, please let me know what additional information is needed.  I am not
> sure what file the line numbers refer to in the error message.  If
> someone can tell me what file to look in, maybe I can figure out what I
> have done wrong.  I am new to this and any direction would be greatly
> appreciated.

It looks like something is going wrong when your OpenSim region simulator tries to register itself with the grid service in OpenSim.Server.exe.  

The fact that you are getting a blank (null) reply rather than a socket error suggests that something is running on that port.  What does OpenSim.Server.exe report, if anything, when you try to connect?  This information is also collected in OpenSim.Server.log

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mono Threads?

Mespelt, Don
People are using the sim great.  Then it dies for some random reason.  The logs show this before death:

2010-05-25 08:08:00,079 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: configured log4net using default OpenSim.exe.config
2010-05-25 08:08:00,101 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Runtime gave us 40 worker threads and 0 IOCP threads
2010-05-25 08:08:00,105 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Bumping up to 500 worker threads and 1000 IOCP threads
2010-05-25 08:08:00,105 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Performing compatibility checks...
2010-05-25 08:08:00,124 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Environment is compatible.

Then death...  :(

I do an export MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU=75 before starting any of the servers.  Any thoughts?  Mono threads?  More ram?  Hope this is enough information.

Thanks,
- Don

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mono Threads?

justincc
Mespelt, Don wrote:
> People are using the sim great.  Then it dies for some random reason.  The logs show this before death:
>
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,079 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: configured log4net using default OpenSim.exe.config
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,101 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Runtime gave us 40 worker threads and 0 IOCP threads
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,105 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Bumping up to 500 worker threads and 1000 IOCP threads
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,105 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Performing compatibility checks...
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,124 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Environment is compatible.

This is what one would see just after OpenSim is started.  Is this definitely the right end of the log?  OpenSim doesn't restart itself in this manner without other external scripts.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mono Threads?

Mespelt, Don
Thanks Justin.  Still learning....  ;)

Here is the log just BEFORE I restart the OpenSim.exe program...

I hope it can shed some light on this.

- D

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Justin Clark-Casey
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:00 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Mono Threads?

Mespelt, Don wrote:
> People are using the sim great.  Then it dies for some random reason.  The logs show this before death:
>
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,079 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: configured log4net using default OpenSim.exe.config
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,101 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Runtime gave us 40 worker threads and 0 IOCP threads
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,105 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Bumping up to 500 worker threads and 1000 IOCP threads
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,105 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Performing compatibility checks...
> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,124 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Environment is compatible.

This is what one would see just after OpenSim is started.  Is this definitely the right end of the log?  OpenSim doesn't restart itself in this manner without other external scripts.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users

opensimlog.txt (21K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mono Threads?

justincc
Mespelt, Don wrote:
> Thanks Justin.  Still learning....  ;)
>
> Here is the log just BEFORE I restart the OpenSim.exe program...
>
> I hope it can shed some light on this.

The part of the log just before failure is

2010-05-24 08:50:15,460 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.SceneObjectGroup [SCENE]: Storing Primitive, 494ac5fc-d58a-4636-acc8-98cfc050e1c6 in Cannon Beach
2010-05-24 08:50:17,559 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.AsyncSceneObjectGroupDeleter [SCENE]: Starting send to inventory loop
2010-05-24 08:50:17,560 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.AsyncSceneObjectGroupDeleter [SCENE]: Sending object to user's inventory, 1 item(s) remaining.
2010-05-24 08:50:17,825 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.AsyncSceneObjectGroupDeleter [SCENE]: No objects left in inventory send queue.
2010-05-24 08:50:52,103 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.SceneObjectGroup [SCENE]: Storing Primitive, ebb0e782-5ff0-4c4a-b60c-ec620473113f in Cannon Beach
2010-05-24 08:51:11,329 DEBUG - OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.SceneObjectGroup [SCENE]: Storing Primitive, 90aeddc0-6574-477f-af0e-64c7a5995884 in Cannon Beach
2010-05-24 08:53:04,516 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: configured log4net using default OpenSim.exe.config
2010-05-24 08:53:04,539 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Runtime gave us 40 worker threads and 0 IOCP threads
2010-05-24 08:53:04,543 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Bumping up to 500 worker threads and 1000 IOCP threads
2010-05-24 08:53:04,543 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Performing compatibility checks...
2010-05-24 08:53:04,562 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Environment is compatible.

This doesn't show anything unusual at all.  In these cases, the error has probably only been printed to the console - try and capture this (if you are running on Windows you'll need to start the server at a command prompt rather than by double clicking).

If you're running with Mono, then console errors are very often Mono crashes.  There's little OpenSim can do about this.  If Mono is crashing then I suggest that you try upgrading it - the realistic minimum nowadays is 2.4 - people also report good results with Mono 2.6).

>
> - D
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Justin Clark-Casey
> Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:00 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Mono Threads?
>
> Mespelt, Don wrote:
>> People are using the sim great.  Then it dies for some random reason.  The logs show this before death:
>>
>> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,079 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: configured log4net using default OpenSim.exe.config
>> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,101 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Runtime gave us 40 worker threads and 0 IOCP threads
>> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,105 INFO  - OpenSim.Application [OPENSIM MAIN]: Bumping up to 500 worker threads and 1000 IOCP threads
>> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,105 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Performing compatibility checks...
>> 2010-05-25 08:08:00,124 INFO  - OpenSim.Application Environment is compatible.
>
> This is what one would see just after OpenSim is started.  Is this definitely the right end of the log?  OpenSim doesn't restart itself in this manner without other external scripts.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mono Threads?

Mespelt, Don
Hey thanks!  That is exactly what is happening - mono crash.  Can I move the Region server (the one running opensim.exe) to a Windows for better luck (keeping the rest of the servers ubuntu)?  Is windows just a better way to run this?

It was way cool to see 14 kids on there before it died.  Right now I have each server (UGAIM) running on a different server with the hopes of getting 25 or so on total at one time.

Thank you Justin for the input -
- D
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mono Threads?

justincc
Mespelt, Don wrote:
> Hey thanks!  That is exactly what is happening - mono crash.  Can I move the Region server (the one running opensim.exe) to a Windows for better luck (keeping the rest of the servers ubuntu)?  Is windows just a better way to run this?

Hi Don.  At this point, the Windows .Net runtime does appear to be more stable, though Mono is catching up fast.  

You shouldn't have any problem using Windows region servers with grid services running on Linux.

>
> It was way cool to see 14 kids on there before it died.  Right now I have each server (UGAIM) running on a different server with the hopes of getting 25 or so on total at one time.
>
> Thank you Justin for the input -
> - D
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users