Remote Admin - save oar

Ralf Haifisch

Heho,

did anyone use the save oar from the Remote Admin module ?

Dirk told me it is included, and yes – I see it in the code.

I did try:

admin_save_oar sharkbunte.oar Shark bunte anarchy

admin_save_oar sharkbunte.oar "Shark bunte anarchy"

admin_save_oar "sharkbunte.oar" "Shark bunte anarchy"

result is always:

[RADMIN] SaveOAR: System.Exception: missing parameter filename

  at OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.RemoteController.RemoteAdminPlugin.XmlRpcSaveOARMethod (Nwc.XmlRpc.XmlRpcRequest request) [0x00000]

using other commands seem to be no problem, so the setup is ok.

I used the http://lab.newworldgrid.com/index.php/RemoteAdmin_Executable .

Cheers,

Ralf Haifisch

[hidden email]

http://www.ralf-haifisch.biz/

The ultimate 3D web magazine -     http://www.maxping.org

The best way to predict the future is to create it. (Peter Drucker)

Büro/office:  in OSGRID find us at Sharkland Tropical 1  - explore the regions !

Residenz in Second Life:   Great White Shark

Re: Remote Admin - save oar

Dr Scofield
Ralf Haifisch wrote:

Heho,

did anyone use the save oar from the Remote Admin module ?

Dirk told me it is included, and yes – I see it in the code.

I did try:

admin_save_oar sharkbunte.oar Shark bunte anarchy

admin_save_oar sharkbunte.oar "Shark bunte anarchy"

admin_save_oar "sharkbunte.oar" "Shark bunte anarchy"

ralf, not sure what you are trying there. if you take a look at the documentation in the code (or even the code itself), you'll see what parameters are required:
        /// <summary>
        /// Save a region to an OAR file
        /// <summary>
        /// <param name="request">incoming XML RPC request</param>
        /// <remarks>
        /// XmlRpcSaveOARMethod takes the following XMLRPC
        /// parameters
        /// <list type="table">
        ///       <description>admin password as set in OpenSim.ini</description></item>
        ///       <description>file name for the OAR file</description></item>
        ///       <description>UUID of the region</description></item>
        ///       <description>region name</description></item>
        /// </list>

from that it follows that you need to pass in:
  • password
  • filename
  • region_uuid or region_name
using python your code would look roughly like this (typing from memory, immobilized on the couch as i sprained my ankle this afternoon :-(
import xmlrpclib

opensim = xmlrpclib.Server('http://opensim.bla.foo:9000/')
res = opensim.admin_save_oar(dict(password = 'secret', filename = '/tmp/saved.oar',
                                                       region_name = 'My Cool Region'))
if res['saved']:
    print 'saved OAR file'
more or less like that. that should work (we are using it daily). the OAR file will be saved on the opensim server, you could you the REST file interface to retrieve it.

    cheers,
    DrS/dirk

result is always:

[RADMIN] SaveOAR: System.Exception: missing parameter filename

  at OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.RemoteController.RemoteAdminPlugin.XmlRpcSaveOARMethod (Nwc.XmlRpc.XmlRpcRequest request) [0x00000]

using other commands seem to be no problem, so the setup is ok.

I used the http://lab.newworldgrid.com/index.php/RemoteAdmin_Executable .

Cheers,

Ralf Haifisch

[hidden email]

http://www.ralf-haifisch.biz/

The ultimate 3D web magazine -     http://www.maxping.org

The best way to predict the future is to create it. (Peter Drucker)

Büro/office:  in OSGRID find us at Sharkland Tropical 1  - explore the regions !

Residenz in Second Life:   Great White Shark

dr dirk husemann ---- math & computer science ---- ibm zurich research lab
RL: [hidden email] - +41 44 724 8573 - http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/
SL: [hidden email] --------------------- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/

Re: Remote Admin - save oar

Jeroen van Veen
hi,

"you could you the REST file interface to retrieve it."

is that documented how to use? im interested in using oars as template
meetingplaces for wixtd.

cheers,

Jeroen