RemoteAdmin Create Region Workaround?

hack13
I really need a work around for RemoteAdmin_Create_Region function, since it is tossing issues. I have replied to the mantis about the issue.

Does anyone know of any way to work around this issue?

Re: RemoteAdmin Create Region Workaround?

R.Gunther
Timothy, did you tried the remote admin console command ?
Withthat you can access every console command.

On 17/10/13 11:58, Timothy Rogers wrote:
> I really need a work around for RemoteAdmin_Create_Region function, since it is tossing issues. I have replied to the
> mantis about the issue.
>
> Does anyone know of any way to work around this issue?

Unfortunately this is not easy to fix, as architecturally the user account service isn't currently available if there
are no scenes present.

If you're willing to patch the code, one workaround might be to give an estate_owner_uuid and comment out the parts of
the code (lines 659-664 in RemoteAdmin) which check if that uuid actually exists.  Then it would be up to you not to
make sure that you aren't giving invalid UUIDs.

OSVW Consulting

Re: RemoteAdmin Create Region Workaround?

Melanie
While patching it like that would work, it is not the
architecturally correct way to address this issue.

In fact, the connector architecture is wholly independent of scenes.
Just because in this instance a scene reference was used to obtain
an instance of the UserAccount service, the ROBUST architecture
actually allows you to just instantiate a UserAccountService object
and use it. It needs a few parameters, none of which is a scene, and
then you can use your local object.

Melanie