Removal of DotNetEngine script module

Michael-9-3
Just a heads up, it looks like the DotNetEngine may very soon be removed from the core distribution. I haven't seen it mentioned yet in the user mailing list, so thought I'd put it out there. For those running the latest and greatest, this is worth knowing.

I personally don't have any problem with this, as I've used the XEngine as my default script module for eons. If nothing else, it will let me shrink my OpenSim.ini a fair amount. ;)

Re: Removal of DotNetEngine script module

Ursula MATOVA
Hi Michael

Yes, you're right, the announcement was only on the "-dev" list ...

 From Diva :

Hi everyone,

The DotNetEngine served its purpose, but it has been dead for a while.
It's time to delete it from the core distribution. If someone loves it,
that person/persons can start a forge project with it.

If we hear no objections, it will be removed next week.

Crista

Le 27 oct. 09 à 22:13, Michael a écrit :

> Just a heads up, it looks like the DotNetEngine may very soon be
> removed from the core distribution. I haven't seen it mentioned yet
> in the user mailing list, so thought I'd put it out there. For those
> running the latest and greatest, this is worth knowing.
>
> I personally don't have any problem with this, as I've used the
> XEngine as my default script module for eons. If nothing else, it
> will let me shrink my OpenSim.ini a fair amount. ;)

Re: Removal of DotNetEngine script module

Karen_Palen
I haven't checked my config files, but I recall some conversation about it being enabled as a default under some conditions.

I am tracking down some strange error messages and wonder if this could be the problem?

Karen