Removing "lost" prims

cliveg
Hi

I've removed some "lost" prims that couldn't be found in world, which
had some astronomically large position/rotation values in the prims
table in the database, by deleting the correseponding rows in the
prims table.

I have stopped and restarted mysql and the simulator and the total
prim count now corresponds to the total number of prims visible
in-world.

1) In a worst case scenario is it OK to just delete rows from the
prims table or are there any relations in the database I need to watch
out for?

2) Is there any easy way to tell which prims in the prims table are
linked together to form a larger object?

Thanks

Clive

Re: Removing "lost" prims

justincc
clive gould wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've removed some "lost" prims that couldn't be found in world, which
> had some astronomically large position/rotation values in the prims
> table in the database, by deleting the correseponding rows in the
> prims table.
>
> I have stopped and restarted mysql and the simulator and the total
> prim count now corresponds to the total number of prims visible
> in-world.
>
> 1) In a worst case scenario is it OK to just delete rows from the
> prims table or are there any relations in the database I need to watch
> out for?

This is fine, though you may also want to delete rows with the same uuid in the
primshapes and primitem tables too, otherwise you'll have orphaned data (albeit
insignificant compared to the asset tables).

> 2) Is there any easy way to tell which prims in the prims table are
> linked together to form a larger object?

The SceneGroupID column in the prims table holds the id of the root prim.   If
there is no prim then this is the Zero UUID afair (00000... etc)

Justin Clark-Casey