Could I please trouble you to share this position announcement (attached in both text and PDF formats) with graduate students, postdocs, and other early-career researchers who you think might be suitably qualified and interested?
The position will not have a physical location/office space associated with it, but I would prefer someone who is based in Pittsburgh (where I am located) for ease of coordination and other practical reasons. That said, I am certainly open to considering exceptional candidates who would work with me at a distance.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE IN XR (VR/AR/MR) AND IMMERSIVE LEARNING
6-month fixed-term, 20 hours/week
Based in Pittsburgh, PA or remote
Application closing date: August 2, 2019 or when the position is filled
The Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN at http://immersivelrn.org <http://immersivelrn.org/>) is an international organization of educators, developers, and researchers collaborating to develop the scientific, technical, and applied potential of immersive learning, particularly with the help of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), and other related technologies (collectively known as “XR”). iLRN recently launched the State of XR and Immersive Learning project, which combines a systematic review and synthesis of the scholarly knowledge/evidence on XR and immersive learning with a Delphi-inspired environmental scanning and forecasting exercise in the vein of the well-known New Media Consortium (NMC, now EDUCAUSE) Horizon project. Planned for release in early 2020, the inaugural State of XR and Immersive Learning Report is being produced by iLRN in collaboration with the IEEE ICICLE XR for Learning and Performance Augmentation SIG, EDUCAUSE, and the Consortium for School Networking. Sponsors of the project include Adobe, Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corporation, HP, SpringboardVR, Unity Technologies, and zSpace.
iLRN is looking to appoint a Research Associate to work on the State of XR and Immersive Learning project as well as to support other, related iLRN activities for a six-month period beginning in August 2019. The role is part time (20 hours per week) and its primary responsibilities include:
- creating and maintaining an up-to-date database of scholarly literature and other readings relevant to XR and immersive learning
- developing systems and processes to facilitate the solicitation, review, and curation of XR and immersive learning case studies, examples, and resources
- managing an online community of scholars and practitioners with an interest in XR and immersive learning
- organizing and providing administrative support for meetings of the project team and other stakeholders
- undertaking various forms of data collection and analysis for the project
- assisting with the writing of reports and of publications arising from the project
- assisting with promotion of the project and dissemination of its outputs
- performing other supportive tasks in service of the project goals and/or of the broader mission, vision, and objectives of iLRN.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Graduate-level qualifications (or completing graduate qualification) in educational psychology, educational technology, learning science, human performance improvement, or a related discipline (Essential)
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills (Essential)
- Experience working on education and/or educational technology research projects (Essential)
- Demonstrated ability to critically and systematically analyze educational literature (Essential)
- Ability to operate and innovate with educational technologies (Essential)
- Proven ability to work independently to meet objectives and deadlines (Essential)
- XR technical development and design skills (Highly desirable, but not essential)
- 2D and 3D art skills (Highly desirable, but not essential)
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals (Highly desirable, but not essential)
Interested candidates should send their CV, along with two academic writing samples and a cover letter addressing the above criteria, to the project leader, Mark J. W. Lee, at [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, with the subject “Research Associate position application”.
A competitive hourly rate will be offered that is commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. There is also the possibility of undertaking additional duties for iLRN and other organizations with which the project leader is affiliated in order to supplement the remuneration derived from this 20-hour/week position.
Opensim-users mailing list
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|