Response to client not sent

Pryderi
Hi All!

I'd like to solve two problems I've had with opensimulator.

The most important one: I tried to make login one of my friends in my simulator, the login process procedes without troubles to

"19:44:35 - [LOGIN END]: XMLRPC Authentication of user Sim*** Per***** successful.  Sending response to client."

But the client doesn't receive response... so my friend can't login.
I opened the port 9000 to the port 9080 of the router.

The less important one.. i don't understand why all the scripts are deleted, after the server shutdown.

I'm using opensim on windows 7 32-bit, and the router is a Netgear, if this may be useful.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Re: Response to client not sent

Jor3l Boa
Is your Regions and OpenSim.ini file set with your local IP (eg 192.168.0.5)? If your friend is outside the local network you need to set the external IP and expose your computer to the net (if you are using a router) check dyndns.com to get and use an url instead an IP.

And the login end is normal (is the end of the login process) so I think is a problem with the IP used

2010/6/9 Pryderi <[hidden email]>
Hi All!

I'd like to solve two problems I've had with opensimulator.

The most important one: I tried to make login one of my friends in my simulator, the login process procedes without troubles to

"19:44:35 - [LOGIN END]: XMLRPC Authentication of user Sim*** Per***** successful.  Sending response to client."

But the client doesn't receive response... so my friend can't login.
I opened the port 9000 to the port 9080 of the router.

The less important one.. i don't understand why all the scripts are deleted, after the server shutdown.

I'm using opensim on windows 7 32-bit, and the router is a Netgear, if this may be useful.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Re: Response to client not sent

Pryderi
Thanks Jor3l,
My regions are confugured wiht my internal IP address, i'm not sure about opensim.ini.. i haven't seen nothing about IP address..
However, I use DynDNS with xampp and it works correctly.
Why do you think that it is an IP problem? The client sends the login request to the server... and the server receives it.. I had the same problem with the earlier version of opensim, but in the same computer, the client was in the same machine of the server.. i could use opensim only since version 0.6.9, because this version  haven't given me this problem.