Running Two Standalones at the same time

Running Two Standalones at the same time

Levi Martson
How do I run two standalone instances at the same time on the same server without setting up Hypergrid?

Re: Running Two Standalones at the same time

Jor3l Boa
Use a different port and database

2010/11/22 Levi Martson <[hidden email]>
How do I run two standalone instances at the same time on the same server without setting up Hypergrid?

Re: Running Two Standalones at the same time

Jason Shipley
Actually, you can use the same database.  You'll need to have 2
directories each with a full OpenSim build.  As Jor3l stated, set
different port numbers for both the "http_listener_port" under the Network
portion of the OpenSim.ini file and make sure your regions don't have
overlapping port designations as well.  Using a single database is just
fine unless you have a definite need to keep the data for each grid
separate.  Hope this helps.

Jason

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:15:15 -0600, Jor3l Boa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Use a different port and database
>
> 2010/11/22 Levi Martson <[hidden email]>
>
>>   How do I run two standalone instances at the same time on the same
>> server without setting up Hypergrid?

> signature database 5640 (20101122) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Re: Running Two Standalones at the same time

Diva Canto
And if you configure the sims with the right remote connectors, you can
actually make the sims be neighbors.

On 11/22/2010 8:29 PM, Jason Shipley wrote:

> Actually, you can use the same database.  You'll need to have 2
> directories each with a full OpenSim build.  As Jor3l stated, set
> different port numbers for both the "http_listener_port" under the
> Network portion of the OpenSim.ini file and make sure your regions
> don't have overlapping port designations as well.  Using a single
> database is just fine unless you have a definite need to keep the data
> for each grid separate.  Hope this helps.
>
> Jason
>

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:15:15 -0600, Jor3l Boa <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Use a different port and database
>>
>> 2010/11/22 Levi Martson <[hidden email]>
>>
>>>   How do I run two standalone instances at the same time on the same
>>> server without setting up Hypergrid?

>> signature database 5640 (20101122) __________

>> http://www.eset.com

Re: Running Two Standalones at the same time

enauman
And make sure the regions have distinct names.