Second Life Viewer 2 beta

Ai Austin
Anyone tried the new viewer with Opensim yet?

See  http://secondlife.com/beta-viewer/

I tried it with out Opensim 0.6.8 grid setup and on a quick trial all
looks well except for just one thing...  all the single prim linden
style plants and trees, grasses, etc have white instead of their
usual textures.  Anyone got thoughts on why that would be?  I gave it
plenty of time for textures to load I think ad tried a couple of
separate logins too.

Re: Second Life Viewer 2 beta

Karen_Palen
OpenSim has a nasty problem of not saving textures sometimes. Worse everything appears fine until you change viewers since the textures are cached!

Try clearing the cache of your old viewer and see what happens! Second Inventory does a fair job of uploading textures, but tends to miss a few every upload. With a complex object it may take 4 or 5 tries to get all of the textures actually in the database!

Meerkat seems pretty reliable that way though.

Karen